Funny "All Your Base" video

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't recall anybody ever using AOL in the 90s. I never met one person who did. Even in a small town in Oklahoma there were hole-in-the-wall places that you could get internet from for $20 a month.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I don't recall anybody ever using AOL in the 90s. I never met one person who did. Even in a small town in Oklahoma there were hole-in-the-wall places that you could get internet from for $20 a month.
I was literally a 10 year old AOLer in the 90s I'll have you know.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I was literally a 10 year old AOLer in the 90s I'll have you know.

Our household was on it for a while too when I was maybe 12-14ish. If I remember right we started with one of the free 6 month trials and then kept getting it extended for a few months every time we went to cancel. That went on for somewhere over a year before we finally went to broadband (DSL I think) and had to make them cancel our service (NO I DON'T WANT MORE FREE TIME).

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

My buddy was a online surfer back in the day...and by that I mean we'd go to local boards or a place we had called Heartland free net where multiple people would dial in. I remember when those AOL discs came out...we tried it once. I still remember the AOL loading screen. It sucked enough that we went back to local surfing.

We had (have) a local company called MTCO that was a very early ISP...nearly everyone I know was on dialup with them instead of something like AOL.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Bumped into Hewitson last Sundy when I was out riding my Kangaroo. We smashed a couple of Fosters at the pub and got into a blue.