Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Game looks great, but if I'm paying that much for it I want it to be hard enough that it makes me feel really rewarded for finishing it. Looks too easy. I want games to piss me off sometimes so I'm motivated to come back and keep playing it.

Don't worry. I'm sure the difficulty issues will be addressed with the patch.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Anybody in New York get their copy, and if so when was it shipped? Still waiting on mine from 4/4...

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I just received my copy. I'm in a bit of shock actually because I wasn't expecting it till next month to be honest. It's a nice surprise. Everything looks great and I can't wait to play it.

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Gunlord 1.1 update

The 1.1 update will be released today.
Your download links will be provided by the shop system.

Version 1.1

This update is mandatory to save scores on ranking.ngdevteam.com site.
Version 1.1 is considered the new official game. All future releases are based on it.

Changes:

General:

- Reduced menu speed
- Removed auto centering
- Beam is now limited in use, its power recharges slowly but can also be replenished with violet orb items. A violet energy bar was added to the bottom of the HUD.

Bosses:

- Reworked all bosses to provide a more interesting and challenging fight.
- Each boss got additionally attack patterns.

Reworked stage 2 / Air Stride:

- added bullets patterns and suicide bullets for enemies
- spiced up stage
- added some enemy death fx

Details:

- Added visible boss energy bar in boss fights
- Improved pause button handling
- Stage 1: Reworked mountain color palette
- Stage 4: added big enemies to elevator fight
- Added level skip cheat (not usable in coinop mode) -> no hiscore save

Bug fixes:

- Stage 3 boss scrolling bug
- Stage 9 mcu bug fix
- Various minor fixes

pipes

Wow, that's quite an update. I like the changes I see there. I plan on playing through it a few times before doing the update so I can really get a feel for how the updates impacted the gameplay. It's nice to know that you guys really listened to the feedback.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
All sounds super cool, seems like the company really does care about its clients. As soon as the game arrives, I am downloading that to my copy.
Added level skip cheat (not usable in coinop mode) -> no hiscore save
Great, thats a very retro way to go to the stage you left!...now to figure it out.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Sweet, that will be a big update! Awesome work DEV.TEAM! really good to know that you guys listen to what people have to say here.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
I just received my copy. I'm in a bit of shock actually because I wasn't expecting it till next month to be honest. It's a nice surprise. Everything looks great and I can't wait to play it.
What did you receive? MVS? LE or RE?

Ukyo

20 Year Member
The update is out. Check your email!

sweet; glad you reworked the enemies on the elevator in stage 4! can't wait to see how the snake lazer has changed.

BTW, when will the score leaderboards be up for gunlord?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
THAT is exactly what I like about NGDEV and why I gladly support them!

They care about their stuff! :)

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I don't want to upgrade yet.

Question - how easy would it be to downgrade if we don't like it ? I haven't had to patch any NGDev games yet

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
My order says shipped but i havent gotten it yet should be soon. i also did not receive an email with the update that ngdev team said i shouldve received.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
my order hasn't arrived yet and i got the update via email. Who said 0 day patches were only limited to Xbox360/PS3 consoles? :rolleyes:

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
my order hasn't arrived yet and i got the update via email. Who said 0 day patches were only limited to Xbox360/PS3 consoles? :rolleyes:

forward me the email. ill pm you. i didnt get the email hmmm i wonder why?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member

I think in the case of a little developer releasing new games for a very limited customer base you should be thankful if there are any patches!!!

And even more thankful that there are still gamemakers out there who listen to the people that play their games!

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
forward me the email. ill pm you. i didnt get the email hmmm i wonder why?

To anyone who didn't get the update email:

Go to ngdevdirect.com
Sign in on your account
Click on my account
Under email notifications click on view or change my product notification list
Make sure global product notifications is checked off and save your preferences

If you don't have an option for product notifications under email notifications, go into any product page and click the notify link on the right, then go back to account settings and the link should be there. Once you do these steps you should get the patch email in under 10 minutes.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I don't want to upgrade yet.

Question - how easy would it be to downgrade if we don't like it ? I haven't had to patch any NGDev games yet
I assume it's the same as Fast Striker. Once you upgrade you can't go back. There is no uninstall utility. I'm not sentimental about it though. The upgraded versions of their games are more complete and perfected. Keeping a non-upgraded cart around is really only for the most anal of collectors.

Last edited:

pipes

Yeah, I'm not sure why you would want to change back after the update. Just from reading the list of changes, it's pretty clear that this is the way the game should have been from the very begining. It should be quite a noticable improvement. They seem to have addressed all of the complaints and then some.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm not sure why you would want to change back after the update. Just from reading the list of changes, it's pretty clear that this is the way the game should have been from the very begining. It should be quite a noticable improvement. They seem to have addressed all of the complaints and then some.

This. Aside from the bug fixes, the patched version is also a lot more balanced and fun.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
i never got to play version 1.0 but i do think that the latest version is pretty challenging. aside from the first few bosses, of course.

alphatrion

n00b
analogue interactive

We'll I was looking forward to updating this game to version 1.1, but with me having an analogue interactive, is this even possible? The instructions say about switching to DIP1. I'm just kinda bummed. I wish they had fixed the game before they released it. I mean I played it only one time and found the glitches. So am I just stuck with version 1.0? I mean it's a really good game, but $600.00 for an inferior version that I can't update

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Got my copy today, but I'm stuck at the "please wait" screen.

I tried my Pink Bullets and Fast Striker carts so I know its not my Neo or the Super MVS Converter II.

Anybody else have any issues?

Also, can the software update be done with an AES and the Converter? Or does this have to be done with an MVS?

Status
Not open for further replies.