Lots of new Cave ports coming to 360

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
What argument? You either like the look of them or you don't. It's personal preference. Nobody said anything about games playing better.

on other threads dude, jeezus are you just trolling? plus thats the point if it doesnt hamper gameplay(which many site as the reason for playing. ie score. death smiles 2 looks like ass but many still like to play it for the scorring aspects. would you like a link to that thread?) then who cares about scanlines...

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
on other threads dude, jeezus are you just trolling? plus thats the point if it doesnt hamper gameplay(which many site as the reason for playing. ie score. death smiles 2 looks like ass but many still like to play it for the scorring aspects. would you like a link to that thread?) then who cares about scanlines...

I probably didn't read it because it's retarded to think that scanlines have anything to do with gameplay. So nah, don't bother linking me.

Some stuff that ruins ports: improper slow-down and blur-o-vision

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Hey so hows 'bout those new Cave games, eh?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Prefering sharp, pixel perfect art doesn't make me or anyone else an elitist. If you have the money and/or cleverness (scouting out a good bargin on xrgb, restoring a hooptie cab) then RGB gaming is the way to go for sprite art. GamesX has a great RGB primer. I mean, some folks don't mind looking at reproduced posters of oil paintings. (Flat texture, not as sharp, weaker color values) I prefer to make the effort to get to the museum to see originals in their sharp original glory. Don't want to take the time or efforts to go RGB to see games as they were visualised by the creators? Fine. Suit yourself. I'm not an elitist for making the effort tho. In a genre like STGs especially i want the sharpest, clearest, PIXEL PERFECT rev possible. I mean you have little dots rushing at your collection of dots trying to kill you. Doing without scanlines and being ok with a blurry display in such a situation is beyond me. Data sent to CRT (and a select few LCDs) via RGB pipes also means NO LAG. In fighters as well as STGs this matters to me. Am i elitist? Nope. Just picky. Back on topic- i'm really looking forward to MMP on 360...this game deserves a wider audience.

Last edited:

iluvmonsterz

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Prefering sharp, pixel perfect art doesn't make me or anyone else an elitist. If you have the money and/or cleverness (scouting out a good bargin on xrgb, restoring a hooptie cab) then RGB gaming is the way to go for sprite art. GamesX has a great RGB primer. I mean, some folks don't mind looking at reproduced posters of oil paintings. (Flat texture, not as sharp, weaker color values) I prefer to make the effort to get to the museum to see originals in their sharp original glory. Don't want to take the time or efforts to go RGB to see games as they were visualised by the creators? Fine. Suit yourself. I'm not an elitist for making the effort tho. In a genre like STGs especially i want the sharpest, clearest, PIXEL PERFECT rev possible. I mean you have little dots rushing at your collection of dots trying to kill you. Doing without scanlines and being ok with a blurry display in such a situation is beyond me. Data sent to CRT (and a select few LCDs) via RGB pipes also means NO LAG. In fighters as well as STGs this matters to me. Am i elitist? Nope. Just picky. Back on topic- i'm really looking forward to MMP on 360...this game deserves a wider audience.

hdmi signal on a lcd has a weaker and less broad color palette? i have yet to see a game so blurry its unplayable... explain. maybe on a shitty display with a slow response time? i dont have any problem being schooled but so far all i have gotten is "my opinion this" and "its just better that way shit". and from what i understand the developers settled for a crt monitor because at the time it was the most widely used format, not necessarily the best. i know that scanlines were taken into consideration when developing but thats a limitation of the hardware(monitor) not a perk.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
hdmi signal on a lcd has a weaker and less broad color palette? i have yet to see a game so blurry its unplayable... explain. maybe on a shitty display with a slow response time? i dont have any problem being schooled but so far all i have gotten is "my opinion this" and "its just better that way shit". and from what i understand the developers settled for a crt monitor because at the time it was the most widely used format, not necessarily the best. i know that scanlines were taken into consideration when developing but thats a limitation of the hardware(monitor) not a perk.

I wasn't talking HDMI running a new school game like SEGA Rally revo. . .as 1) it's obvious that HDMI on a monitor such as ASUS VH236 (no lag, 2ms RT) is perfect, and 2) we are talking sprite based 240p native arcade CAVE games and their posts in this thread. An example of an unplayable mess on flat panel? Mushi Futari 360 ARCADE MODE HDMI looks like shit compared to 360 MODE running thru same pipes, same panel. ARCADE MODE RUNNING THRU RGB leads to CRT Sony G520 looks better than above. I run both monitors side by side. I'm going to let Laurence of Games Station X take it from here as far as the 'schooling' goes, as i just can't seem to convey the point well enough.