Lots of new Cave ports coming to 360

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
DDP Resurrection is up for preorder on play-asia. SE and LE.

Damn you, I *just* was about to post this..

Does Play-asia bill when the game ships, or when you place your pre-order, anyone know?

Double Edit: I'm an idiot, they don't bill until it ships..

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
US JTAG'ed console is by far the cheapest way to go. Assuming you're okay with the old hardware. Finding the 360 shmup imports is cake for jtag. And finding someone to JTAG it isn't very hard if you've got a vulnerable console already. Finding a newer (Jasper), still vulnerable console *at a decent price* is the hardest part.

Can you play the real copies of the game or do they have to be boots to work on a J-tagged system?

What's the consensus on Resurrection? Worth the 90 dollars?

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Can you play the real copies of the game or do they have to be boots to work on a J-tagged system?

You can play retail. Can't play burnt games unless you flash the DVD-rom too. But you can download JTAG rips and put them on your 360 hdd or an external hdd.

I pre-ordered Resurrection and Radirgy NOA just now. MMP/PS isn't pre-order-able yet...

TonK

Least Valuable Player

i own the complete kit. Love it.

Fuck yes its worth $90.

One of the best shooters ever.

fake

15 Year Member
OK cool thanks for the info. I'm not interested in burnt stuff, so that makes things easy. Ima pre-order this sheit.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I haven't played DFK, but have watched a ton of footage and own a DOJ PCB. I preordered my first Limited as DoDon DFK is worth it imo.

Just waiting on my JPN Slim to get shipped...

Dominic Cobb

Banned, SCAMMER, , This Account is Casey Michael "
I just want to play Daifukkatsu once before I die and I am set!

Dominic Cobb

Yep... god forbid they actually use a reliable source. No mention of the Fever on taku as well...

Probally due to the non confirmation of platform. I wonder if this is a slap in M$ face openly in japan due to their lack of approval of other Cave games prior to and during development of the Guwange.

fake

15 Year Member
Probally due to the non confirmation of platform. I wonder if this is a slap in M$ face openly in japan due to their lack of approval of other Cave games prior to and during development of the Guwange.

M$? What is this 1994? What did they have to approve or not approve before or during Guwange? That's a 1999 game. The xbox was years away from being released...:scratch:

Dominic Cobb

M$? What is this 1994? What did they have to approve or not approve before or during Guwange? That's a 1999 game. The xbox was years away from being released...:scratch:

5pb previously tried to release Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou and Ketsui as XBLA ports and were denied by Microsoft. Many people are unaware but G.Revolution has been trying to have Under Defeat released on XBLA for the past 3 years. Cave had tried to release some of their games already as XBLA ports and were denied and instead the games were brought to retail. At one point Cave posted on their blog several times with the trouble with Microsoft at getting Guwange released on Live Arcade. No official platform was announced when Dangun Feveron was shown leaving it up in the air although the game was being played with Xbox 360 controllers. Perhaps it was a PC port that they were playing who knows at this point. It it just well documented that many Japanese developers have problems with having their games released on 360 unless they are exclusive or offer some type of online play. And by development of Guwange I meant the XBLA port. Cave had produced the game knowing they were facing off with Microsoft and the game was finally given approval earlier this year although they had planned the game three years ago.

fake

15 Year Member
And by development of Guwange I meant the XBLA port. Cave had produced the game knowing they were facing off with Microsoft and the game was finally given approval earlier this year although they had planned the game three years ago.

Ohhh gotcha. Hey, I'm glad the games got denied and got turned into physical releases. How often does that happen?! Plus I'd like to see Cave try to get as far with Sony as they have with MS. I bet they were playing DF on MAME.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
5pb previously tried to release Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou and Ketsui as XBLA ports and were denied by Microsoft. Many people are unaware but G.Revolution has been trying to have Under Defeat released on XBLA for the past 3 years. Cave had tried to release some of their games already as XBLA ports and were denied and instead the games were brought to retail. At one point Cave posted on their blog several times with the trouble with Microsoft at getting Guwange released on Live Arcade. No official platform was announced when Dangun Feveron was shown leaving it up in the air although the game was being played with Xbox 360 controllers. Perhaps it was a PC port that they were playing who knows at this point. It it just well documented that many Japanese developers have problems with having their games released on 360 unless they are exclusive or offer some type of online play. And by development of Guwange I meant the XBLA port. Cave had produced the game knowing they were facing off with Microsoft and the game was finally given approval earlier this year although they had planned the game three years ago.

I'm 99% certain all of that is not true. I don't think you understand what's actually going on.

1) 5pb lied about their plans to release games on XBLA. DOJ and Ketsui were always intended to be retail releases. All evidence available points to that being the case.

2) G.rev has/had no interest in releasing Under Defeat on the 360. What actually happened was that MS approached them and asked G.rev to port one of their new games (this was before the DC port of Under Defeat was released) to the 360. G.rev gave MS the choice of either a port of Under Defeat or Senko no Ronde, and MS chose Senko (thank god). G.rev has explicitly stated that they prefer to port their games to only one system.

3) The difficulties Cave (and G.rev) have with MS mainly has to do with communication. Unlike every other major videogame hardware manufacturer that came before, MS is an American company, and Japanese developers aren't accustomed to dealing with 1st party hardware manufacturers that are based in the US. Unlike dealing with a Japanese company like Sony or Nintendo, dealing with MS is difficult for them due to language barriers, differences in culture, differences in time zones, and differences in holidays/vacations. So when a small developer like Cave needs to ask MS specific questions regarding the 360 hardware, Xbox Live, or other technical support that MS's Japanese branch can't help them with (since their influence is limited), it becomes a challenge that can lead to frustration.

Dominic Cobb

I'm 99% certain all of that is not true. I don't think you understand what's actually going on.

1) 5pb lied about their plans to release games on XBLA. DOJ and Ketsui were always intended to be retail releases. All evidence available points to that being the case.

2) G.rev has/had no interest in releasing Under Defeat on the 360. What actually happened was that MS approached them and asked G.rev to port one of their new games (this was before the DC port of Under Defeat was released) to the 360. G.rev gave MS the choice of either a port of Under Defeat or Senko no Ronde, and MS chose Senko (thank god). G.rev has explicitly stated that they prefer to port their games to only one system.

3) The difficulties Cave (and G.rev) have with MS mainly has to do with communication. Unlike every other major videogame hardware manufacturer that came before, MS is an American company, and Japanese developers aren't accustomed to dealing with 1st party hardware manufacturers that are based in the US. Unlike dealing with a Japanese company like Sony or Nintendo, dealing with MS is difficult for them due to language barriers, differences in culture, differences in time zones, and differences in holidays/vacations. So when a small developer like Cave needs to ask MS specific questions regarding the 360 hardware, Xbox Live, or other technical support that MS's Japanese branch can't help them with (since their influence is limited), it becomes a challenge that can lead to frustration.

I am quoting a Famitsu 360 Shooter Developer round table article. Not heresay from the internet. Also Microsoft wants to use Xbox Live arcade to push games like Braid, Limbo , and Shadow Complex. Not ARCADE PORTS.

Last edited:

TWE

Zero's Secretary
Dominic Cobb is right on all accounts. G.rev has talked about Under Defeat for XBLA on their blog for quite some time, and they were hopeful for a release about a year ago, but it's never gotten approved. Maybe they finally gave up.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Dominic Cobb is right on all accounts. G.rev has talked about Under Defeat for XBLA on their blog for quite some time, and they were hopeful for a release about a year ago, but it's never gotten approved. Maybe they finally gave up.

Really? That's interesting. Odd that MS would give them so much trouble over Under Defeat, yet approve something like RayStorm HD (or even Guwange). Has G.rev or MS ever hinted at a possible reason for this?

Dominic Cobb

Really? That's interesting. Odd that MS would give them so much trouble over Under Defeat, yet approve something like RayStorm HD (or even Guwange). Has G.rev or MS ever hinted at a possible reason for this?

Maybe Raystorm got released due to HD remake of a game with Polygons. It has alot to do with strict Arcade ports I believe. Similiar to what Sony did on the retail PS2 here in North America. Only towards the end of the PS2 did we see a abundance of 2d games released freely.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Maybe Raystorm got released due to HD remake of a game with Polygons. It has alot to do with strict Arcade ports I believe.

But Under Defeat also uses polygons, and G.rev's 3D game engine is already running in HD (Senko, Senko DUO, Mamoru-kun), so that can't be the reason. As for the strict arcade ports thing, XBLA has seen plenty of almost-direct arcade ports pretty recently (RayStorm HD, Virtual On OT, After Burner Climax, MotW, MvC2, KOF98UM, Soul Calibur), so that can't be the reason either. There has to be something else.

Dominic Cobb

But Under Defeat also uses polygons, and G.rev's 3D game engine is already running in HD (Senko, Senko DUO, Mamoru-kun), so that can't be the reason. As for the strict arcade ports thing, XBLA has seen plenty of almost-direct arcade ports pretty recently (RayStorm HD, Virtual On OT, After Burner Climax, MotW, MvC2, KOF98UM, Soul Calibur), so that can't be the reason either. There has to be something else.

Maybe you are right.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
I saw the news the other day and hope for region free enabled copies.
Just don't have space for another console for couple of games.
But yes, amazing news.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
#1 if you have a reputation for always buying Cave PCBs and kits and you feel the port isnt 100% like the PCB, then STFU and get the damn PCB again.

This always falls on deaf ears, don't bother.