Super SFIV match thread

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I will be buying this tomorrow and getting on all night with it. Who here would like to show me the ropes tomorrow night? Be gentle, I'm only okay at the first one. 360 version, BTW.

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Post your xbl id - I will be on tonight.

I played a few rounds with Wes earlier - he kicked my ass. I need more practice, I suck.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I will be buying this tomorrow and getting on all night with it. Who here would like to show me the ropes tomorrow night? Be gentle, I'm only okay at the first one. 360 version, BTW.
Let's learn some stuff together man! Are you still under the same handle?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Let's learn some stuff together man! Are you still under the same handle?

Wow, you're still here? Yep... same name. JORANT

I wanna play as Makoto, since she was my main in Third Strike, but a lot of things about her have changed, so I'm not sure I will. Cody looks awesome, but at the end of the day I may just go back to Sim... who is my Super Turbo and SF4 main. We will see.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wow, you're still here? Yep... same name. JORANT

I wanna play as Makoto, since she was my main in Third Strike, but a lot of things about her have changed, so I'm not sure I will. Cody looks awesome, but at the end of the day I may just go back to Sim... who is my Super Turbo and SF4 main. We will see.

Spin is also trying to learn Makoto, but he's on PSN. You might want to go that route, assuming you still have a PS3.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Prodigal son of NG.com with a twist.

I'm transfering my ST game as well, but I have to mix it with some Alpha 3 charge timing 'cause Deejay seems to be on par with the V-ism iteration.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Spin is also trying to learn Makoto, but he's on PSN. You might want to go that route, assuming you still have a PS3.

I got rid of my PS3 a long while back. Back when it was still no good. Now that there are good games, it may be worth a look again.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
NEVAR.

Good matches! Let's do that again soon. You're juri is pretty intense.

I definitely see those shortcut problems spin...thats a real bummer.

LordG_9

Marked Wolf
im impressed how i could be playing the cpu in arcade mode and a challenger can join in at any given time.kinda like back in tha day at the arcade machine.on a side note if you don't want to be bombarded with online challengers then leave the online option off.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
im impressed how i could be playing the cpu in arcade mode and a challenger can join in at any given time.kinda like back in tha day at the arcade machine.on a side note if you don't want to be bombarded with online challengers then leave the online option off.

Welcome to last year. :) Same option as the first one. And yes, it's cool... but you can hardly play a match before you are challenged.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I keep sending invites and get no love.

I'm tired of beating people who aren't really good. It's leading me to get into poor habits.

Also amused by people who just bought this and haven't migrated to new characters. Lots of people playing as Bison and Honda. lol...

Hey dude, that wasn't personal. I actually recently changed settings back to where it actually shows me when I get invites. Resend next time I'm on and it'll be game on for hours. I'm off till next tuesday, so expect mad SSFIV.

WES DUDE. GET A PS3. =)

Also all, the replay channel is great.

You know whats more great? Changing the music style so its character specific and listening to cody's theme. That one theme alone is so fucking cool it can't be explained.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I definitely see those shortcut problems spin...thats a real bummer.
You shoulda seen how bad it was when I had that HRAP3 Stick I was like 10x worse(if you could believe that lol). When I played you I had just bought my TE stick. It's much less of a problem now though so I'm content, sorta. Good games though. Maybe I'll be better the next time we play cuz I suuuuuuuuuck.

Even though you're a dick, I was hoping you would beat BigTinz' Guile.

oh I'm the dick? :lolz: ok, I didn't accept your friend request waaaahh, get over it. I actually did beat his Guile but you weren't in the room.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Dang. I had a streak of like 15 vs two dudes and my stick's back trigger died mid match. Ended up losing the match because when I switched sides it wouldnt let me move forward or do damn near anything.

These hori's are the fkn worst at times and they really need a upgrade. BADLY even.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Dang. I had a streak of like 15 vs two dudes and my stick's back trigger died mid match. Ended up losing the match because when I switched sides it wouldnt let me move forward or do damn near anything.

These hori's are the fkn worst at times and they really need a upgrade. BADLY even.

Upgrade the stick bro. Just bite the bullet and do it. The moment I bought that TE stick is the moment I started to win and everyone in this thread will tell you that I'm HORRIBLE at this game so if it will work for my hopeless ass, it'll definitely turn you into more of a beast.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, I have no choice now. I'm using my other old hori stick which has a iffy downback. The screw that locks it to the plate actually stripped the metal for some damn reason, so I had to add a nut to the back.

Though its 10 times better then a stick that has a microswitch that just up and stopped working mid match. Blows to, that stick is OG 3S days.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
great, now I can't even move forward every time with this other stick. What sucks is this just came out of the blue on two different occasions. I'm about ready to toss this hori shit out of the window, because its the exact opposite problem as my other one. This has happened three times mid match, no hadokens or nothing I just stand there doing wp and smp because my forward wont register to complete the move. Or it'll register randomly.

I find it hard to believe this crap would happen back to back, I think this may be some online issue. I'm gonna test training mode, but something is definitely fucked up. very annoying dealing with this. its worse having to explain it

edit; yep its me. These sticks are done. I'm buying a TE tomorrow if I have to kill the neighbors to get it.

Sucks balls, annoying day of class and now I'm dead for sfiv for the whole week unless I use my tekken 5, =/

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Guess you got booted, genji. It's bed time for lil mac anyway. GGs!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Hey all, just did this. Opened the hori, opened up each microswitch individually, and literally drenches them in water and used harsh bar soap and a tooth brush to clean the inside. dried the suckers, reinstalled them and locked em under my 4 way sanwa gate, things are working good, but I just have no faith. I'll do games now.

Hope for the best =)

edit many matches later:

Workin great !

Last edited: