Super SFIV match thread

mikew1517

n00b
new to these forums, but i just picked up SSF4, down to play whoever want to. Im on XBL- chex27... add me as a friend if you guys play alot, im tryin to get as much practice in as possible before a tourny next week. =D

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
had some good games with some members here earlier tonight

TurboCro

AESwipe,
Dang. I had a streak of like 15 vs two dudes and my stick's back trigger died mid match. Ended up losing the match because when I switched sides it wouldnt let me move forward or do damn near anything.

These hori's are the fkn worst at times and they really need a upgrade. BADLY even.

it's probably the only way I can win against you :lolz:

I was wondering why you stopped moving

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
sa'll good, this new shit works flawless over 30 matches no failures. I think it was plastic dust

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
apologies to genjiglove/MilkManX/whoever else was playing tonight that I couldn't play with. I'm too popular online :(

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
apologies to genjiglove/MilkManX/whoever else was playing tonight that I couldn't play with. I'm too popular online :(

No worries man, we'll get to you some other time.

Who are you maining now? If I remember right you were Bison in vanilla SF4.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I'll be online playing most of the afternoon today. Feel free to add me on XBL if you haven't already. I'm always up for a game.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I was in a no stick dilemma for about the first month after moving here. Since bugging my mom to send me my stick hasn't paid off yet, I went out and bought this baby below. Initially I mistakenly thought it was a Virtua Stick High Grade stick. That's not the case, it just comes with a hori made stick and buttons. So I took it to a game store and had it modded, they put in a Sanwa stick and buttons. It's got a little weight to it, so I essentially made my own Virtua Stick High grade. Picture this with all white Sanwa buttons and a white ball top too. I'll take a picture when I have a chance. It ended up costing me around $100 USD (with the buttons/stick and the fee for the installation).
3951300658_314035f5f1_b.jpg

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
What's the best stick I can get for the 360?

The Hori EX2 is a great stick. I use it for all of my 360 fighting games and I have ZERO complaints but if you want the best that you can get then go for the Medium and High end Street Fighter Sticks.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Is this widely considered to be the best one on the market?

It has a Sanwa JLF and buttons, so the quality is going to be the same as anything else using the same parts. In terms of the feel of the stick and the body design, well, that's really up to a user's preferences. A lot of people do swear by the Mad Catz TEs, and I don't think you can go wrong with one.

I use the Hori EX-SE for 360, which uses a Seimitsu LS-32 and buttons. I feel like the slighter tighter feel and smaller throw work for the way I play better, but once you're dealing with quality Japanese parts, you're getting into very small degrees of ergonomic comfort, etc. Some prefer the wooden bodies, such as those on the AIAB line.

Try as many as you can...but anything using good parts is going to hold up and be a solid performer.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
It has a Sanwa JLF and buttons, so the quality is going to be the same as anything else using the same parts. In terms of the feel of the stick and the body design, well, that's really up to a user's preferences. A lot of people do swear by the Mad Catz TEs, and I don't think you can go wrong with one.

I use the Hori EX-SE for 360, which uses a Seimitsu LS-32 and buttons. I feel like the slighter tighter feel and smaller throw work for the way I play better, but once you're dealing with quality Japanese parts, you're getting into very small degrees of ergonomic comfort, etc. Some prefer the wooden bodies, such as those on the AIAB line.

Try as many as you can...but anything using good parts is going to hold up and be a solid performer.

I also have the Hori EX-SE and personally prefer it to even the TE Madcatz stick. But as Loopz says, it comes down to what feels best to you. If you have anyone you know with the TE stick, give it a whirl and see what you think.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
ggs last nite lwk.

bye bye makoto, tired of your bitch ass stressing me out, your not the woman I once loved. I'm into guy's now.

er.. guy the character I mean.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I was in a no stick dilemma for about the first month after moving here. Since bugging my mom to send me my stick hasn't paid off yet, I went out and bought this baby below. Initially I mistakenly thought it was a Virtua Stick High Grade stick. That's not the case, it just comes with a hori made stick and buttons. So I took it to a game store and had it modded, they put in a Sanwa stick and buttons. It's got a little weight to it, so I essentially made my own Virtua Stick High grade. Picture this with all white Sanwa buttons and a white ball top too. I'll take a picture when I have a chance. It ended up costing me around $100 USD (with the buttons/stick and the fee for the installation).
3951300658_314035f5f1_b.jpg

What is the size of that compared to the TE or a HRAP?

WinkWink

World Soccer '96
Im going to have to go back through this thread and add some of you guys with PS3 to my friends list to get some Super on!

feel free to add me I'll be on tonight playing late

PSN - WishiDice

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Love the button layout on that stick snair. 6 buttons FTW!

I'm going in in like 45mins so if anyone is interested in getting some matches going I'm electricgarve under both networks, this is my first time playing this game online so it's gonna be a learning experinece for sure.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
No worries man, we'll get to you some other time.

Who are you maining now? If I remember right you were Bison in vanilla SF4.

I'm playing a shitload of characters.

I really really want to play Guy the most but he has some very bad weaknesses and you basically have to work your ass off for a win sometimes. Plus I do not think he is a very good character to play online because I am missing some dumb simple shit that I am not missing offline.

I guess Bison's still my go-to character when I'm serious though. I'm loving the psycho crusher hitbox and faster c. HP.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
If you spot me on PSN (SNKZato1) please feel free to invite me.

WinkWink

World Soccer '96
GG's URLWK, as you can tell I was trying different characters :angry:

You Balrog whore!:tickled:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm playing a shitload of characters.

I really really want to play Guy the most but he has some very bad weaknesses and you basically have to work your ass off for a win sometimes. Plus I do not think he is a very good character to play online because I am missing some dumb simple shit that I am not missing offline.

I guess Bison's still my go-to character when I'm serious though. I'm loving the psycho crusher hitbox and faster c. HP.

That guy shit is why I'm staying away. Hes gotta be super fresh, but when it comes to simple fundamentals, hes lacking in some ways.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I've been using Bison more just because of his second ultra. I still have problems pulling off charge specials/ultras so having double qcf is so much nicer. It comes out really fast too, but I've got to learn to be careful with it. Some people will try to jump away, but I get lucky and cross em' up so it's impossible to block it. But I see it will be useless against dragon punches and Juri's spin wheel. Both of them knocked me out of the air.

I should be on again tonight. I'm shot from working outside all day, so hopefully I can put up a challenge.

Reality Check

World Hero
Play some good games with XcomplexzX last night. Best Guy I've faced yet. I play Guy myself so I learned a thing or two

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I've been using Bison more just because of his second ultra. I still have problems pulling off charge specials/ultras so having double qcf is so much nicer. It comes out really fast too, but I've got to learn to be careful with it. Some people will try to jump away, but I get lucky and cross em' up so it's impossible to block it. But I see it will be useless against dragon punches and Juri's spin wheel. Both of them knocked me out of the air.

I should be on again tonight. I'm shot from working outside all day, so hopefully I can put up a challenge.

If you're on a stick, try switching the stick property to d-pad, so that it won't be so sensitive to the vertical inclinations.