Can anyone make me some MVS Labels or point me in the right direction?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i had a idea but would never beable to get it ...i wish i could get a lcd vga screen in the size of 2inch by 7 inch. with a touch sc reen these would make a kick ass mvs mame selection display

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wanted to thank XX for the great labels, I used my own template with your exact replica fonts, I'm not sure if you're using the template I gave to southtown which was based on the old one but with sharper fonts for the logos.

You're the best man!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Since we might get some Ironclad MVS copies now:

ironclad.png

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
AAAW Shit! I can't wait! I always wanted to play Iron Clad on the MVS. Same thing with Last Hope and all the lost protos.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Me, too. I want to play it on MVS. Looks like it's a more expensive cart to make then ghostlop due to certain rom sizes.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm not going to use that one because the font is too much for me. It sticks out and screams "fake!" But maybe with a normal font and the release year on it, it will be just right.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
All Ironclads on MVS are fake. It's also the font from the game.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
MVS labels typically don't use the font from the game. So a game that does (Pop'n Bounce) sticks out. Pop'n Bounce is OK because I know it's an oddball and it's supposed to be like that.

What is the purpose of these labels? AES and shockbox collectors have such wonderful and real looking art, why do MVS labels have to be any different?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Like Ghostlop, that's only 1 label design. I planned on making one with a very simple font which is similar to the font on Sam Sho 4.

As I said before these are replacements only which is why I don't want them looking exact. I don't want anyone to be fooled. For the legit game releases I used the font from the actual real MVS label, for the protos you have nothing to go by.

Spectre

Banned
Alec what exactly are you whinging about now? First you complain that Xian Xi's labels aren't exact so can't be used to rip people off, you whinge because some of the labels he's come up with aren't plain enough for you, then in the same post whinge that they're not exciting enough?

:scratch:

If you don't like Xian Xi's labels, stop polluting up this thread with your retarded comments and go make your own.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Another complaint about that label: It has both names of the game on one label. The game is not called "Ironclad Brikinger." It's one or the other. Also, you need the ' in Brikin'ger. I think an English one that says Ironclad and a Japanese one that says ブリキンガー would do the trick.

If you make one with a simple font, I might use that. I appreciate what you're doing, at any rate. Xian Xi, your site is amazing and you help everyone here, and I love you, man. The labels are a silly thing to disagree about.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Another post came while I was posting.

Alec what exactly are you whinging about now? First you complain that Xian Xi's labels aren't exact so can't be used to rip people off, you whinge because some of the labels he's come up with aren't plain enough for you, then in the same post whinge that they're not exciting enough?
You all seem so worried about scammers. Personally, I don't ever think about them. Your post makes it sound like I want people to get ripped off. I just want to restore my legit carts to their full glory. Scammers are going to scam either way. Xian Xi's labels are good, but certainly will always be distinguishable from the real thing.

I didn't say I wanted them to be exciting, I said I want them to look real -- as in "correct."

If you don't like Xian Xi's labels, stop polluting up this thread with your retarded comments and go make your own.
Xian Xi's are the best so far, but I'm still disappointed. I'm terrible with graphics, so I'm still waiting for someone to make the ones I'm waiting for.

This is valid criticism between two adults (and now plus one immature ass). You're polluting this thread.

Last edited:

Spectre

Banned
As has already been explained, if someone made a whole set of "real" labels, every low life in the world would be slapping them on their boots and putting them up on eBay. Yes scammers are going to scam either way, but personally I'd like to keep it relatively easy to avoid them and the stuff they sell, not worry about every MVS cart I buy and need to see board pics to be certain I'm not buying a worthless piece of junk that has been through the hands of a scammer. I think I'm one immature ass that the majority of posters here will agree with.

If you want "real" labels, why not buy mvs carts with real labels on? Replacement labels are designed to be exactly that, replacements. My words may have been a bit harsh before, but you've posted several times in this thread with the same general complaint and don't appear to have taken on board Xian Xi's response. Imo thats asking for a flaming.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
One last point, and I'll get off of it: The bootleggers already have great labels. The label on my KOF 2002 boot was great. If they weren't great, people would never have to open their carts after an auction only to get a surprise. Bootlegs are out there with great labels, and our games are legit, but with fake-looking labels. We're the ones who have the real games. We should have something at least as good as what they're using.

OK, fair enough. I was trying to convince Xian Xi to change his stance because he's the best, but I will lay off that. Sorry for calling you an ass.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks to both of you. I see both your points. I can make some labels for you if you want but just ask for them in a PM or something.

As for the Ironclad, that was just thrown together for someone that saw the ebay auction and wanted a label with the game font with the same title as the ebay one (even if wrong). I made 2 other versions with just Ironclad and one in Japanese but I'm trying to find a more "MVS" style even Ghostlop I'm not happy with the font, I think something like Windjammers would be nice for Ghostlop.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here's an Ironclad version:

ironclad1.png

I can't find a good free Japanese Font. Anyone?

Spectre

Banned
Thanks to both of you. I see both your points. I can make some labels for you if you want but just ask for them in a PM or something.

Cool guys who make cool stuff do cool things for people :) I've no problem with MVS collectors replacing their labels with 100% accurate copies, I've done that with some of my own stuff when they've had a poor replacement. It's just the idea of a universally available library of very-hard-to-distinguish-from-the-real-deal labels for the likes of yaton to abuse which I'm against.

:buttrock:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Here is a more traditional SAURUS style MVS label for Ironclad.

ironclad2.png