Street Fighter IV

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Where are you guys getting this? Internet, import, or did someone violate the street date?

Then again, is there a street date anymore? I'm hearing rumors that the game isn't street-date was dropped and it'll only be shipped on the 17th instead of being released on it... :crying:

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I spent some time with the Japanese PS3 version. I love this game. I'm happy that some of my 3rd Strike combos with Ken worked. I gotta say I don't like how the guys I played with abused Ultra combos. I'm never a fan of systems that seem to favor scurbs.

It's a shame Ken's close stand MP, FP chain hits high only, especially on crossup. I should be getting my ps3 jpn copy in a couple hours. Playing the xbox version was fun, so I can't wait to play the ps3 with better controls.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
All of the above. Import has English and isn't region locked.

Yeah, I've seen torrents around for SF4, but I'm too lazy to hack out my 360... :/

Who's been violating the street date? :D

Reality Check

World Hero
Yes, that Seven Eleven. They started selling games when Halo 3 launch. They have been known to break the street dates of major releases like Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Haze

X

Y,
Went to 2 seven elevens in Miami and none of them sell games. Our 7-11's suck.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
This might be a strange question but can anyone here tell me if the right and left bumpers on the 360 version actually do anything? I'm planning to mod my HRAP and I want to plug those two buttons to make it a six button controller instead of 8. But if those buttons are actually used for menus or anything I should probably leave them.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This is a cool theory and all, but SFIV isn't street dated.
It's just gonna be sold whenever it shows up, wherever it's gonna be sold.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This is a cool theory and all, but SFIV isn't street dated.
It's just gonna be sold whenever it shows up, wherever it's gonna be sold.

Do what? I thought it was set to be released next week. What happened?

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Do what? I thought it was set to be released next week. What happened?

Well, it has a specific date for release, but it isn't one of those 'dated' titles that can only be sold after a specific date. Still supposed to come out on the 17th.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
The wait is killing me... I'm so fuckin hype for this

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Online play on PS3 is flawless. Even with 2 out of 5 bars for connection it runs smoothly. At times though, you can detect delay input on moves and what not. Only played a few US players. Connection when playing japanese and HK players is pretty good too.

Kunai

Over Top Auto Mechanic
BBH: I tried adding you to my XBox Live list but it seems it got rejected. :(

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I have a PS3 CE coming but for some reason I decided to snag the JP version as well as my 1st PS3 import. Mainly for collection purposes.

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
A reason to get my PS3 online I guess.

PS3 Gamertag: justmeathome

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Shit..I just found out my Local Best Buy is only getting 4 copies of the SE version for the PS3. I cant beleive that there are a shitload of these made for the 360 but the PS3 seems to have a smaller production run.

Phillip

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Did anybody else order the game through Amazon.com? I can't go to GameSpot mid week so I placed a pre-order with them for the SE and got the free shipping to my house. (GS wanted 5 bucks extra because the box is larger..)

I went and checked my order and it says, "Shipping estimate: February 23, 2009"

Yet, the main site still says February 17th.

Is that when the game will get to me, or when they plan on shipping it. I heard somebody say they'll hold stuff back if you take free shipping.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
BBH: I tried adding you to my XBox Live list but it seems it got rejected. :(

Er... I don't remember rejecting it. But my friends list had filled up a little while back (seriously why is there a limit on this shit) so it might not have gone through? I dunno. Now I'm having to kick people off just to add others :\

genjiglove: it's LordBBH (but yea, like I said above)

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Er... I don't remember rejecting it. But my friends list had filled up a little while back (seriously why is there a limit on this shit) so it might not have gone through? I dunno. Now I'm having to kick people off just to add others :\

genjiglove: it's LordBBH (but yea, like I said above)

I think it will tell you if the persons friend list is full. Not 100% on that though. I'll try to add you tomorrow, my gamertag is NAP26.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Did anybody else order the game through Amazon.com? I can't go to GameSpot mid week so I placed a pre-order with them for the SE and got the free shipping to my house. (GS wanted 5 bucks extra because the box is larger..)

I went and checked my order and it says, "Shipping estimate: February 23, 2009"

Yet, the main site still says February 17th.

Is that when the game will get to me, or when they plan on shipping it. I heard somebody say they'll hold stuff back if you take free shipping.

It's probably the day it'll most likely ship. I'd imagine they won't be able to meet the demand for the 17th release date, so the later you pre-ordered, less chance you have of getting it near that date. But you never know with Amazon. Free shipping certainly doesn't effect it because I get things insanely fast from them no matter what the item is as long as it's in stock.