FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
finally got it
first match froze at vs screen..lol

Last edited:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I just beat it with Ryu. The animated intros and endings are fucking sweet.
The level of love and care put into this entire game just floors me. I mean, you would have to be really, really, truly jaded to not be able to get into this. The gameplay is great, fast...and I'm just at a loss for words.

My crew will be playing this all night tonight...and for years to come.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Stores around here didn't get it today.

Not upset but it would have been nice to play today as I have shit to do.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I was actually pretty shocked to be able to pick it up today- I have to go out of town tomorrow, won't be back until Saturday, wasn't planning on playing at all until the weekend.

Certainly a nice surprise to be able to get at least a bit of play in beforehand.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Every store in my area said they were all purchased by some guy from Germany. They said he walked around the store talking about how good he was with Balrog and he was wearing a shirt that said:

"ROG IS A KILLER!"

:lolz:

Phillip

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Stores around here didn't get it today.

Not upset but it would have been nice to play today as I have shit to do.

Thats how it is around my area. Now I have to wait until tomorrow.... when I have a shit load of stuff to do.

I was actually pretty shocked to be able to pick it up today- I have to go out of town tomorrow, won't be back until Saturday, wasn't planning on playing at all until the weekend.

Certainly a nice surprise to be able to get at least a bit of play in beforehand.

Where did you get yours from?

Phillip

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I got the game today from Gamestop. Walmart, the only other choice in my town, didn't have it.

Anyway, I will be playing tonight if anyone wants to have some matches.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I got the game today from Gamestop. Walmart, the only other choice in my town, didn't have it.

Anyway, I will be playing tonight if anyone wants to have some matches.

Gamestops in my area are only filling preorders today. Non preorders have to wait to purchase it tomorrow. Oddly enough.... the non preordered copies are at the store today. Supposedly, this is to encourage people to do preorders in the future. I'll just get it from Best Buy tomorrow and get my rewards points for it.

Phillip

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Thats how it is around my area. Now I have to wait until tomorrow.... when I have a shit load of stuff to do.

Where did you get yours from?

Phillip

Gamestop. Like you said, pre-orders only today.

Push those reserves, baby!

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
I grabbed mine at Gamestop, no problem. They didn't even try to foist the guide on me.

I actually gave up on trying to beat Seth (I have it set to hard right now) for the moment. I always have problem with the Capcom uberbosses. I think I've only beaten TvC like 3 times.

Loopz kicked my ass with pretty much everyone(gg). I'm available to play anyone who's interested, so long as you don't mind me whoring Ken/Ryu (normally I wouldn't, but I wanna try and get some reps in for the gamestop tournaments this weekend and 4 days isn't a lot of time to get used to it).

I just got off to rest my fingers, but I'll be back on by 5 E.S.T.

It's Blaine Blaine on XBLA.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I grabbed mine at Gamestop, no problem. They didn't even try to foist the guide on me.

I actually gave up on trying to beat Seth (I have it set to hard right now) for the moment. I always have problem with the Capcom uberbosses. I think I've only beaten TvC like 3 times.

Loopz kicked my ass with pretty much everyone(gg). I'm available to play anyone who's interested, so long as you don't mind me whoring Ken/Ryu (normally I wouldn't, but I wanna try and get some reps in for the gamestop tournaments this weekend and 4 days isn't a lot of time to get used to it).

I just got off to rest my fingers, but I'll be back on by 5 E.S.T.

It's Blaine Blaine on XBLA.

Looks like I'll be in the same boat as you. What are your impressions of the game? I would assume you installed it on the HD..does it significantly change the loading times? Any lag during online matches? What type of stick are you using? One of the Gamestop guys was telling me that some of the people were saying that there was lag between controller input and character movement on screen ..have you witnessed this?

Phillip

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Gamestops here on the west coast are saying they wont have them until tomorrow. Looks like you guys lucked out. I was hoping to pick it up today since today is my day off for this week.

Phillip

lolpwned.

I spoke to soon....same deal here. They are claiming it shipped today, so no love for my 4 month ago pre-order. :(

Last edited:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
fuck you work till 8pm!!!

man, i cant wait to play tonight

Shit... at least you can play tonight. I cant pick my copy up until tomorrow after I get off work. Then I have to sit in a PTO meeting until like 8:30 - 9:00 pm. I wont be playing until like 9:30 -10:00pm tomorrow. I almost feel like calling in sick tomorrow.....but would hate to waste 8 hours of sick time to play a game. I guess I'm not as hardcare as I used to be. BAck in the day, this would have been a non issue.

Phillip

bulletnyourass

noble trader
lolpwned.

I spoke to soon....same deal here.

lol

I was able to order a PS3 CE set. It should be here by the weekend. I also have another member here that said hey would help me get one just in case that preorder deal I have goes pear shaped. Otherwise, I know I'll be able to go into Best Buy tomorrow and pick 1 regular copy for each system.

Phillip

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Duuuuuude. I wish I had some dinero in my damned Paypal acct, I would kick down. As it is, I have to purchase Kunai's LE and send it to his ass in JP.

@Blaine: GGs.

Maybe I should make a thread in the war room and take donations.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Looks like I'll be in the same boat as you. What are your impressions of the game? I would assume you installed it on the HD..does it significantly change the loading times? Any lag during online matches? What type of stick are you using? One of the Gamestop guys was telling me that some of the people were saying that there was lag between controller input and character movement on screen ..have you witnessed this?

Phillip

Y'know what... Until you pointed it out... I actually haven't installed it because the load times are very minimal. Normally I don't install a game right out of the box. It's only if I play it a lot and the loading time gets to me.

So, straight up, load times are fine.

As far as the lag in online matches go, I really haven't witnessed any and I've done about 30 online matches so far. It seems like you can't actually get a game with someone if the connection isn't good enough, so. Who knows. Also, I'm hardwired to my FiOS modem. I'd image wireless users mileage will vary.

I'm using a HRAP EX. No lag what-so-ever considering it's a wired controller.

All in all, I'm really happy with the game. It's quite good. It's like old times, but better. I'll probably be playing this constantly for the near future and I'm actually kinda looking forward to after the gamestop tournament when I can focus on learning some new characters.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Got my copy, will be playing it tonight around 8:30 CST on Xbox 360. Gamertag is MFNPIMP. Look me up, I'm not good, but I want to learn.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
lolpwned.

I spoke to soon....same deal here. They are claiming it shipped today, so no love for my 4 month ago pre-order. :(

There must be an issue with certain states or certain areas getting it in today. I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop (MN) and none of them in my area are getting it until tomorrow. I have read this with other states as well, I have no idea what the problem was.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I didn't even have a preorder when I went to Gamestop. Maybe my local stores employees weren't told to hold it until tomorrow if you didn't preorder.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Got mine in my hands thanks to Chunky Lover53 and I will be home from work in about 2 hours. :make_fac:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I didn't even have a preorder when I went to Gamestop. Maybe my local stores employees weren't told to hold it until tomorrow if you didn't preorder.

My store, usual store, was hilarious in their dedication to this shit- I call, ask if it's in, answer: "did you preorder it?"

Which magically means that the game is in if you preordered.

Which I did, so I'm cool.

Kind of silly overall, though.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Just got my copy, played it for like 2 seconds and it's as awesome as I remember it being in the arcade. Had to quit so I could install it to the HD which it's doing right now (my DVD-ROM drive is a piece, so I wanted to install it so it wouldn't freeze when I'm playing).

At the risk of sounding like a retard, I'm going to say that I had the worst experience ever opening that game. I got the CE version which comes in a cardboard box... Accidentally dropped that on the floor with stuff inside of it so I dented the crap out of it.

Then I cut myself trying to get the game out of the shrink-wrap (I've never had such a hard time trying to open a 360 game before).

Then I tried to poke a hole in the sticker that keeps the case closed, and in the process, the scissor somehow went through the crack in the game case, and slashed the artwork on the movie disc... :crying:

Everything still works fine, but I called EB and told them that it came like that (hell, it might have, it's not like I saw the scissor cut the art ;)) and that it doesn't work. They're going to see if they can do anything about defective copies since they only have enough CE's for people who reserved it.

...Yeah, I really want a perfect condition copy, but I'd probably somehow destroy it overnight if I got another one. I don't really care, I'm just being anal about it since I just got it. :rolleyes: