low serial AES and MVS Converter 2?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
is there anyone who has an mvs converter 2 and a low serial AES? do they have any problems with games with zooming or encryption (or both)? for example the aof series, ss series, last blades. my aes is a rev3-5 serial no. about 60,000. is this considered low for an mvs 2 converter(dark blue)? what about for RGB, is it low enough for the good rgb? can anyone give me a list of all the rev numbers the AES came in?

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
No idea about the converter but I believe your unit would be one of the ones with the good RGB output.

You can tell by looking at the composite; does it look like you'd expect (similar quality to a SNES, etc) or considerably worse?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
the composite looks pretty bad. i haven't had a snes for years so I don't know how they'd compare. probably its not better than a snes. i could compare it to my ps2 composite- i have some games like aof and kof2003 on both systems.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
apart from lcd computer monitors, I don't have an rgb monitor to test the rgb with. I have a tv with component input, but it has to go through a converter first (the video is converted 2 times(after the internal Neo converter), between the Neo and the TV screen, so it's hard to tell how good the rgb is). The component is very good- there's no lines or grid on the screen- but the tv itself is a cheapie so I think the component would look better with a better crt.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I was more wondering about whether anyone has a low serial aes and the converter 2, and if they've tried it with games that have scaling/zooming.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
I've seen some low serial number Neo Geo systems look like crap when compared to some with a higher serial number. I've got a 120,xxx system and it never has a problem with the Super II Converter. I guess it really has to do with the motherboard revision. Earlier this year I had a system that was in the 38,xxx range and had a newer revision board. This makes me wonder if it was a warranty repair job or somethign to the effect. The system that I currently use doesn't require the optional AC adapter. Zooming in seems smooth and I don't see any lines or distortion on it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Big Bear is the guy to talk to on this. He says his converter works a lot better with a low serial number model, and I'm sure he's right.

Hey joe8,
I have a AES with serial #18020, It's got a full component video mod, and out of my small selection of 20-30 games the only one that gave me any problems was Metal Slug 4 it played everything else no prob (KOF 03, MS1-3, ROTD), as for working with scaleing games it works fine with Waku Waku 7 and the sam sho series, still it pissed me of that doesn't work with every game as advertised so I'm trying to dump it!

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I have a AES with serial #18020, It's got a full component video mod, and out of my small selection of 20-30 games the only one that gave me any problems was Metal Slug 4 it played everything else no prob (KOF 03, MS1-3, ROTD), as for working with scaleing games it works fine with Waku Waku 7 and the sam sho series, still it pissed me of that doesn't work with every game as advertised so I'm trying to dump it!

what kind of problems did u have with ms4? how serious were they?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
what kind of problems did u have with ms4? how serious were they?

Hopefully serious enough to warrant it unplayable.....oh wait, wasn't it always that way?

That game is trash.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

which motherboard rev do u have?