All about Samurai Shodown RPG: Tales of the Bushido

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
BWAA! Get pissed. Delete. That'll show everybody. I never wanted a birthday party anyway.

I think you miss the point. It's hard to keep up the motivation to work on such a lengthy project when you get a big faceful of Why Bother shoved into your face. I've translated several games, and seeing the casual indifference (or worse, occasional piracy-profiteering) that comes of such freely-given hard work has given me pause more than a few times... but I kept going. in the end, I can't afford for it to be about anyone but me. The work I do, I do for the personal satisfaction. Ultimately, nothing else matters.

For those wondering, btw, the project is not dead... it just hasn't been worked on in a bit. I have a vacation coming up in the immediate future (quitting one job, to start another mid-June), with no kids around. So, I intend to try putting some finishing touches on the patch. Maybe a summer release. No promises, though.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
That's good to hear, Deuce. I think you've gotten nothing but support from the real Neo Geo community here. I don't know who these complainers are, but they're not part of what I'd consider the real Neo community. We are awaiting this project with baited breath.

And the above comment wasn't mocking you of course, just the person I was responding to and people who threaten to delete stuff in general.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
That's good to hear, Deuce. I think you've gotten nothing but support from the real Neo Geo community here. I don't know who these complainers are, but they're not part of what I'd consider the real Neo community. We are awaiting this project with baited breath.
What he said. This project is your creation Deuce, and as such I'm sure you'll develop it as you see fit.

icon14.gif

ReyVGM

Quiz Detective
Jesus Christ.
You losers can't even wait until the patch is out to start talking about hacking it and pirating it?
And not even that, you say it in front of Deuce like it's nothing, especially after he has expressed his distaste for such things.
You guys were surely taught well at home.

I'm all for locking this thread to avoid more begging posts from noobs that will eventually end up pissing Deuce off.
When the patch is done I'm sure Deuce will make another thread for it, this one has degraded to sewer levels already.

great news man. should have been released by snk a long tima ago but still good to finally seeing the game in english.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Dence I still believe you should follow my idea, not say anything to anybody and just PM the peeps who you want to have that patch once ur finihsed

Sumone

n00b
I think Deuce knows what to do with his creation and I also think that he knows how much we appreciate his hard work.
The important thing is that he'll do what he thinks is right.

We know someone should have done this years ago but no one did.
Now we got a man with (from what I understand) very limited time to spare, whos working his *** off for nothing more than his own personal satisfaction.
how about we just let him do his magic.

Just wanted to say Keep up the good work Deuce,
you know we all appreciate your hard work.

And by "we" I mean those of us who has seen some kind of neogeo machinery (without googling for images) and not those who only connects it with the Metal slug series.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Jesus Christ.
You losers can't even wait until the patch is out to start talking about hacking it and pirating it?
And not even that, you say it in front of Deuce like it's nothing, especially after he has expressed his distaste for such things.
You guys were surely taught well at home.

I'm all for locking this thread to avoid more begging posts from noobs that will eventually end up pissing Deuce off.
When the patch is done I'm sure Deuce will make another thread for it, this one has degraded to sewer levels already.

Which is exactly why if Deuce decides to release it he should some how put something in the game that states it's a fan project and no money should be given to anyone for the game.

krometek

n00b
Hi man Im new to the forum but I have read this whole thread because I just got
the neo cd emulator to work on my psp, and I fixed this cool game to work
but the whole thing is in jap, so I was searching for a solution and I was led
here , I also thank you for your hard work, and will be patiently waiting for this
like the others here, this game go's so hard, I havent been this enthusaistic about
a game since FF7.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Did you happen to read the old thread? It's sad that people are like this, but some of us do appreciate the work Deuce has put in to this.

krometek

n00b
are you talking to me hines26? if so I read some of the first thread the one that duece said got crazy , but then I found this one, I was following the dates on post trying to read the most recent entries, thats how I found this one. this is a cool forum though , neo geo and neo geo cd seems to be some good consoles that got pushed to the wayside, But I'm quickly developing a serious lust for the hardware-----<<<thats not how it sounds! lol....Ive been playing a lot of the games on my psp and computer , sadly at the peak of its greatness I was still in a adolescent stage of life and could not afford these if I wanted too....I heard the neo geo cd was like 600 dollars! when it first came out , there was just no way , thats why I dont have a fricken ps3 .

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
lol... I bought my neo geo aes for $600 in the 90's and the SSII came out and I paid $400! The system was awesome. Two sticks and the biggest TV we could find. My brother and I logged many hours on that machine...

I wouldn't pay $600 for the ps3 either. The Wii is way cooler and a lot less.

btw... I can't wait to play ss rpg :multi_co:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I don't think the Neo CD was ever as much as $600, even when the original front loader was released in Japan. If someone knows for sure, it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Dangit! Now I have to track down a Neo CD system and a copy of SS: RPG.

Oh wait, those are good things:)

Thanks a million Deuce just for giving us the hope.

I've wanted to play this game in English since it came out. Just the thought of that is awesome. It's even more awesome that you've done stuff like tweak the timing so the subs match lip movements - there are a lot of professional localization teams that don't put as much effort into their translations.

Thanks for making such a great contribution to the gaming community.

Shodown RPG

I just wanted to say I am stoked for this translation, and I really like the script Deuce has chosen to go with...it corresponds to the menus very well imo. We all just have to be patient and let him do his thing...I've been waiting for 2 years for Quest for Glory II to be remade in VGA by AGD Interactive, so it's nothing new to me! Just think how awesome it will be when it comes out, and in the meantime play whatever neo-geo/cd games u got!

Keep up the good work, I've always wanted to play this rpg, but the language barrier was a bit much.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just wanted to say I am stoked for this translation, and I really like the script Deuce has chosen to go with...it corresponds to the menus very well imo. We all just have to be patient and let him do his thing...I've been waiting for 2 years for Quest for Glory II to be remade in VGA by AGD Interactive, so it's nothing new to me! Just think how awesome it will be when it comes out, and in the meantime play whatever neo-geo/cd games u got!

Keep up the good work, I've always wanted to play this rpg, but the language barrier was a bit much.

why would you want an updated QFG2? So you can see more with the x-ray specs? sheesh.

OldSchoolGamer

Living teh 'Murican dream
I have been watching this project on the forums ever since it was started. What Deuce is doing is nothing short of amazing and I can not wait to be able to play the finished product.

I dont mind the wait at all myself...it just makes it that much more special when the final product is released.

Deuce, keep up the good work, and ignore the ignorant ass's that are posting shit about the project. They aren't worth it.

lol

Nah I have played all the qfg games with every character type, just want to see how the saurus looks with the vga overhaul!

and the caves at the end in raseir should be cool :-)

mrtie

n00b
Hi
New here to the forums, not so new to Neo in general. I just wanted to thank Duece for his hard work on this project, and look forward to whenever he finishes if, he chooses to make it available. If not that's his choice and his work I for one wouldn't hold it against the guy.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Just a minor update... work has resumed. No screenshots, as what's being worked on can't be reflected in still images. But I'm working on getting the text timed to match the Japanese voiceovers where they show up in the Mizuki chapter. It's slow going, but I think I may be able to recruit one or two folks into helping speed the work along. And no, this doesn't mean access to the beta. This is purely grunt work. Comparing line durations, tweaking parameters and getting things to match with absolute precision.

But yes, the project lives.

And there was much rejoicing. (*yaaaaay*)

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Just a minor update... work has resumed. No screenshots, as what's being worked on can't be reflected in still images. But I'm working on getting the text timed to match the Japanese voiceovers where they show up in the Mizuki chapter. It's slow going, but I think I may be able to recruit one or two folks into helping speed the work along. And no, this doesn't mean access to the beta. This is purely grunt work. Comparing line durations, tweaking parameters and getting things to match with absolute precision.

But yes, the project lives.

And there was much rejoicing. (*yaaaaay*)

but do you get access to the beta?

Last edited: