All about Samurai Shodown RPG: Tales of the Bushido

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Billkwando said:
I still don't see it, but I'll survive. I'm glad to know we have a pefectionist at the helm. (Deuce-chan) :P
It's not really positioning, as I originally thought. Look closely and you'll see that the item names are all jumbled up. Letters and even whole words appear in the wrong positions, but it's lined up well enough that it looks ok unless you're paying attention.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
i big congratulation for your work, i will very happy to play it with an comprehensive text

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
It's been nearly a week since this thread's been bumped.

I'm rectifying that right now. And waiting with pseudo-bated breath.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
cycloneslash.gif

Coming right along...

Last edited:

Deuce

One splash screen down... from this...

splash1.png

to this...

splash1e.png

Still looking for a capable programmer to help me by coding a simple app to assist in timing the voiced segments.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I didn't think you were going to convert any of the "sprite" Japanese. I thought it was just the text thats really cool keep it up.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Deuce said:
One splash screen down... from this...

splash1.png

to this...

splash1e.png

Still looking for a capable programmer to help me by coding a simple app to assist in timing the voiced segments.

That is hella awesome! Somehow I missed that post. Are you an artist or what?

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Billkwando said:
I missed that also, great stuff mate...Its getting closer and closer to being done. Hooray! :multi_co:

Deuce

Billkwando said:
Not even remotely. I can do some very basic sprite editing, but that's the result of a brushstroke font I found that seems to serve the purpose well.

I've now got two more (three out of six, now) of the splashscreens done, btw.

Fakk2

Deuce said:
I've now got two more (three out of six, now) of the splashscreens done, btw.

:multi_co: awesome, thats great news! :multi_co:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Great choice on the font. Looks really good. The idea of changing those screens never occurred to me.

Deuce

Well, guys, I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is, the release is going to be delayed a little longer.

The good news is, the delay is because I now have a way to get the voiced properly timed throughout the game, so the Mizuki chapter will have the voiceover after all! I'll have to take extra time to go over the script and get all of the voiced bits done up properly.

And you can blame/thank the good Murray for his ridiculously awesome hindrance/contribution. :buttrock:

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
The extra time sounds like a small price to pay for what we get in return...thanks for the update Deuce!

icon14.gif

meerak

n00b
Sweet! With the advertised quality, I wouldn't be surprised if this final translated version is noticed by lots of people! :D

Must be pretty rewarding too eh Deuce? Is there anything else you'd want to get done but can't with this project?

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I've enjoyed watching this project come along. Many Samurai Shodown fans will love this for sure!

It's exciting to have the opportunity to enjoy a game that, until now, has been impossible for many to play.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
Deuce said:

The good news is, the delay is because I now have a way to get the voiced properly timed throughout the game, so the Mizuki chapter will have the voiceover after all! I'll have to take extra time to go over the script and get all of the voiced bits done up properly.

And you can blame/thank the good Murray for his ridiculously awesome hindrance/contribution. :buttrock:

Dude, we've already waited over 11 years for something like this. Another 11 hours isn't going to hurt. :)

Fakk2

CrackerMessiah said:
Dude, we've already waited over 11 years for something like this. Another 11 hours isn't going to hurt. :)

Hell yeah! Now its gonna get done properly. Fantastic news...we can def. wait Deuce! :multi_co:

Tetsuo

New Challenger
Any Samurai fan can wait that extra longer for this project to be top notch! Keep up the good work mate!

Kuriakos

Kula's Candy
as much as I try to avoid emulation, this seems so awesome I will have no choice

Dandy-J

Crazed MVS Addict
Kuriakos said:
as much as I try to avoid emulation, this seems so awesome I will have no choice

Who says you have to? Get a top loader. They're fairly cheap nowadays.

Emulation bad! *slaps wrist* :tickled:

ReyVGM

Quiz Detective
Hey Deuce, would it be possible for you to post a link to that brush stroke font?
Or tell me the name or where to find it.
I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

Thanks ;)

Deuce

ReyVGM said:
Hey Deuce, would it be possible for you to post a link to that brush stroke font?
Or tell me the name or where to find it.
I've been looking for something like this for a while now.

I got it from here.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Deuce said:

That's great news. This is actually getting me to buy a Neo-Geo CD so I can play it the proper way too.

Aphoenix

n00b
Hello Deuce!

Glad to see you around after over 12 years.
It is like coming home after years and finding things are still somewhat the same!

(This is Jonpeter aka Aphoenix (or was I cycorax?) from SSML - those were the days!)

I was poking around trying to put my SSRPG onto the PSP and stumbled on this thread. Didn't realise that you've been working hard on adding an English translation of the game. Am really grateful for your hard work and effort.

A big thank you!