GGPO - Online lag-free NOW w/ KoF 98

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I will be on when I get a converter for my ps2 HRAPP. My DOA4 stick craped out on me.
I suck at just about every fighting game known to man so if you want some easy wins........:( :p
screen name= Nemoperson

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
BBH said:
Garou though... holy shit that would be so hype. I've always wanted to learn the game better and this would give me the perfect excuse.

You can always just do it on kaillera. You just have to make sure you don;t play any of those idiots with the programed pads.

I tried KOF98 on GGPO, but I got insane delay with someone in the same city as me. I haven't tried it since then...I'm waiting on Garou, if it ever happens.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Giby said:
You can always just do it on kaillera. You just have to make sure you don;t play any of those idiots with the programed pads.

I tried KOF98 on GGPO, but I got insane delay with someone in the same city as me. I haven't tried it since then...I'm waiting on Garou, if it ever happens.

Well, I had a relatively bad experience with Kaillera the one time I tried it and really haven't bothered since then. I just prefer the ease of matchmaking on GGPO I guess.

I'm not sure why you would have such a bad connection on GGPO to someone in the same city, but weirdness like that happens every now and then I guess. I wouldn't write it off entirely just because of that, try with some other people to make sure it's not an isolated incident or something. And of course, make sure you have things like torrent programs closed, etc.

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'm going to try this thing out tonight.

My username is Soniku, let me know if you want to play.

Does it support any form of chat in-game?

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Soniku said:
I'm going to try this thing out tonight.

My username is Soniku, let me know if you want to play.

Does it support any form of chat in-game?

just hit "t" to talk.

Soniku

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Soniku said:
Ok, just like in Kaillera then.

I'd rather use voice chat anyway, maybe GoogleTalk or something.

I just got my Hori stick to work properly with my PC (follow the instructions here http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=176433&mode=threaded&pid=4729829) and played an SFA2 match with someone, it's pretty frickin' awesome.

I'll be around later to play if anyone wants to.

thanks to you, i just literally did the same exact thing.
ill be around after tonight (neeeeeeddddddz sleeeeeeeeeep), my name is the same there like it is here "TemJin3000"

play you all soon! :D

Soniku

SFA3 support was just added, it seems to work as good as everything else.

Let me know if anyone wants to play, I haven't seen anyone from the forums yet, but I haven't been on that much either...

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
So does GGPO support SSVS and other samurai shodown games?

I'm used to playing 2DF, which will be hard to beat since it supports a whole lot of games.

obsessivestu

Overtop Pathfinder
Nah there is no support for SS games other than SS2.

I've been playing on 2dfighter.com a bit myself, pretty good setup there as well. But i still mainly use GGPO for the KOF games that it supports as there is alot more players on there.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Oh forget that, GGPO can't compare in my book since I only like Samurai Shodown games.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
I've been playing on GGPO for the last week and it's terrifyingly good! Only drawback is that the further away someone is the more laggy it is (not surprising though is it?) and I'm based in the UK.

Played a Canadian guy on MOTW and the lag was reeeeally bad, and connecting to somewhere like Japan is near impossible (although a friend of mine was able to connect to someone in Korea no problems).

It's a bit of a faff to set up initially, what with having to open ports, but there's a link in the faq to a site full of help on doing that with nearly every modem make.

Oh yeah, my username is 'Wrath of Ken-Oh' if anyone wants to challenge me.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Anyone playing Garou on this or 2df? 2df is better imo since it saves replays, but I never see anyone on Garou for either of the two these days.

Hit me up if you want to get in a few games.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I just got the new version working last night. this shit is awsome. I want to get back into some of the old neo games, but it will be hard to pull me away from Third Strike. I think I'll be off to pick up a PS3 joystick this weekend.

ggpo name is Alec so look for me if you wanna fight. Or just drop me a pm on this website and we can set a time up. I'm down to play any of the supported games, especially with some neo folks.

moonwhistle

Tung's Hair Stylist
Do any of you ggpo users know if it's possible to map a single input (ie lp or lk) to more than a single button?

What I'm trying to do is have 2 buttons that perform the same function, it works in mame but apparently not in ggpo.

Thanks.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
For some strange reason I can't play MOTW on GGPO the files are in the correct location, but it's having problems loading them....

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
hey, anyone here wanna play some alpha 2 / alpha 3? i'm getting back into these games, but the rooms are usually empty.

is there another thread for ggpo matches or is this it?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Wow, only today I was saying that I'd not been on GGPO since September/October, and then this thread resurfaces.

I've not really played the Alpha series of games properly since 2001-02, so couldn't really be anything other than cannon fodder (plus i usean original xbox pad, which is awful for 6 button fighters).

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
someone in this thread mentioned 2Dfighter.com and I gotta say it works MILES better than GGPO. I tried that a few times and got nothing but black screens. 2Dfighter just....works.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
2dfighter takes much less effort to setup, but I tried it several times on different occasions and it was always laggy as hell. GGPO once setup properly is/was the shiz.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I can't get 2DF to work now, I just tried it last night. I guess kern was having some kind of problem with it too (but I think he got his to work). Oh well, just wanted to watch some KOF 2001 matches, but there's always youtube. Must be because I updated firefox, I'm not sure. Just wanted to mention that Breakers Revenge and Fatal Fury Special have both been added to GGPO.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I just discovered GGPO (by way of Spin [thanks dood]) and i'm digging it. My only problem is with Third Strike. I can watch matches with no problem but when I play, it's lag city.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Anyone want to play with me one day? I need some training and bad! I am green as baby shit and I can't seem to pull off mah moves.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I downloaded GGPO tonight finally but I'm having some trouble. I got connected to GGPO itself but I don't know if the roms are working. All I have right now is ST but it says it doesn't work in the Final Burn Alpha emu. Does that mean it won't work online? This shit is confusing.

Ok, apparently it isn't working. It says something like the rom is missing files or something. I don't know what the problem is.

Last edited: