GGPO - Online lag-free NOW w/ KoF 98

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Ok, I got this figured out. Apparently for ST you also need the SSF2 rom to run it. I also went ahead and got Vampire Savior and Third Strike. I just got done playing a few VS matches.

If anyone wants to play something (I'm up for anything) let me know.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
i'm tired of how poor it runs on Vista... I've have acquired a legit copy of 7 in my search for a legit copy of XP 64 and figured I would give it a whirl.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Finally tried this out. Amazing.

Runs very well on my Mac via my vmware with windows XP as well.

Played some brazillian dude who kicked my ass.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I should jump in on this.

Been ages since I played 98.

Expect Yama, beni, ralf, iori, kyo and takuma.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Does Samurai Shodown II get a lot of play?

I was thinking of getting back into it.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Does Samurai Shodown II get a lot of play?

I was thinking of getting back into it.

I played three or four matches against this one dude today.

Also went through an entire game of Metal Slug X with a guy who only died once or twice.

Lots of really great players.

The MOTW matches I've had have been very enjoyable.

On the Capcom side, I also had a tonne of fun with SFA2, 3 and SF3TS.

I simply cannot believe how good the experience is for a freeware pirate product (well, most of the best things out there are pirate these days it seems, oh well).

SNK and Capcom could really learn a lot on how to really take advantage of their properties from these GGPO guys. I haven't had so much fun playing things like MOTW in years (if ever). Reminds me of how amazing all of these games really are.

A++++

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
yeah there are some good SS2 players, but never more than 3-4 in the room when I go in there.

I'm playing on GGPO tonight if anyone wants to get some rounds in.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
SNK and Capcom could really learn a lot on how to really take advantage of their properties from these GGPO guys. I haven't had so much fun playing things like MOTW in years (if ever). Reminds me of how amazing all of these games really are.

A++++

If only they would! Capcom actually bought a liscense to GGPO code before HD Remix was released. They've used it for 0 games so far. Don't worry about SNK, they've got their best guys on it!

Want to see some seriously crazy shit? Log into the X-Men Street Fighter room. Those guys bust out some really tough combos with all 17 characters. The 1990's never ended.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I'd be on this if my computer would allow GGPO to work. All I can do is play on Supercade (AKA 2DF).

Rade K

20 Year Member
I'd be on this if my computer would allow GGPO to work. All I can do is play on Supercade (AKA 2DF).

Why is it not working? Are you on a wireless network? What version of winwoze are you running?

Rade K

20 Year Member
Just played an amazing game of Samurai Shodown II.

Wow.

Seriously. Fuck SNK, CAPCOM, SONY And MICROSOFT for not making something like this on the consoles.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Yes. Did I play you earlier? That flag looks familiar. I may have rage quit on you.:p

No we didn't... yet! :p

I was trying to spectate your matches but it didn't work.

Are you up for some '98bouts? I really don't care much for the other games anymore