The OFFICIAL Neo-Geo.com WARHAWK thread.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
As its some of the same team who worked on Twisted Metal, I wonder if any of that GP will be found in this?

Gonna get it 100% though.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
fuck...it's online only?

kinda disappointing in a way, but the BETA was really fun so i guess i'll be okay.

from my personal experience with the BETA, i'm quite sure that the game will be region-free.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
how can it be online only.. but local split-screen multiplayer?

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Maybe its MP only & has no 1 player game?

BIG

sony fanboy
maybe i should've word it a bit better.

MP only w/o 1P campaign/story mode.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
kernow said:
how can it be online only.. but local split-screen multiplayer?

It is Multiplayer only. Places like EBGames fucked up and listed it as Online only. You can play via split screen offline or you can play online.

This game also has the guest feature that a lot of 360 games have, where you can take three other people online with you via split screen. Pretty nice feature.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Well, I've put a couple hours into the game since I got home from work.

So far, I like it!

The controls take a little getting used to, but I was able to adjust my aiming style without changing the default sensitivity. In the first couple of games I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but I'm getting better.

The infantry v infantry combat is very fast paced. I haven't used the default pistol much, but the assault rifle is pretty accurate firing full auto up to medium range. The guy with the better aim and grenade skills generally always comes out on top.

I played on one server that was straight up dogfighting with aircraft only, and it was fun in a Crimson Skies kind of way. Manuevering is very important if you want to survive very long. I had a tough time chasing an enemy and swapping between swarmers/chaff and avoiding enemy fire all at the same time.

When I tried flying aircraft on a regular TDM (team death match) map, I never lived more than a minute due to all the turret fire coming up from the ground. You've got flak and homing missile turrets to worry about, not to mention infantry with rocket launchers.. they track you also.

The game search menu is buggy as hell for me, it always lists 700 player created games and almost never shows me any of the official Sony dedicated servers. Sometimes I have to refresh the game list 10 or 20 times to get them to show up. ALso, the filter doesn't allow me to turn off non-ranked games, which is annoying.

It's the best multiplayer experience on PS3 right now, that's for sure.

BIG

sony fanboy
GD said:
The infantry v infantry combat is very fast paced. I haven't used the default pistol much, but the assault rifle is pretty accurate firing full auto up to medium range. The guy with the better aim and grenade skills generally always comes out on top.

pistol > all others

atleast in the BETA

:emb:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
BIG said:
pistol > all others

atleast in the BETA

:emb:

So...are you going to be playing this? Do you still have a PS3?

Add me to your friends list if you do. Pablo_17

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I added pablo_17 days ago, still waiting for the add :emb:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
kernow said:
I added pablo_17 days ago, still waiting for the add :emb:

Shit...I'm sorry, I haven't turned on the PS3 in about a week. I will be going online later tonight for Warhawk.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Shit...I'm sorry, I haven't turned on the PS3 in about a week. I will be going online later tonight for Warhawk.

Look for one from me as well.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
GD said:
Look for one from me as well.

I will do that when I go onling in a bit.

I was side tracked with the faulty 360 I purchased but now things are back to normal.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Everyone has been added.:)

Played about an hour of Warhawk online and really liked it. I did get disconnected from just about every game I played though.

I also took a guest online with me via split screen, that worked great as well.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
I'm a little frustrated with the third rank. You need 500 total points and a badge to get it. I'm at nearly 300 points, but I cannot get that badge for the life of me. You have to get 30 team score in a single round to get it, and the most I've gotten in one round is 8. The only way I see to get team score so far is to capture/defend points, and I can't get 30 no matter how hard I try.

I was steamrolling people with tanks though! I love the way the tanks handle. I always gravitated towards tanks in Battlefield 2, and this game is no different. I'm not much for taking to the air, but a good solid tank will do the trick every time. My current favorite occupation is shooting Warhawks out of the air with the tank cannon as they hover to try and take me out. :buttrock:

BIG

sony fanboy
I'm gonna be picking this up along with the triple sometime this week.

Be on the look out for friend requests.

The AA guns and missile launchers are amongst my favorites.

Ground combat-wise, it's all about the sniper rifle and the combat pistol for me :buttrock:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
is it worth £20 / $40 for the download? I'm off work and it'd be nice to try out something new.. bah . just got paid too :angry:

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Its in the UK store, shall I get it or not ? :help:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
heh, hmm, I'm still pondering - read a few reviews seems pretty fun . .gah

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
good, 9's on everything from ign, 8.8 overall

the videos look very fun, looks like a perfect online multiplayer title, jeeps look like they handle nice etc.

I know I'll crumble later on, might as well get it downloading now lol ;)

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I think I'll get it, I needed a break from FPS.