MotW for Dreamcast

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Why the sarcasm? SNK sold tons of SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PSX, Saturn, Dreamcast, and potentially PS2 ports. I've bought several of them over the years and many I know have also purchased them.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Magnaflux:
<strong>Why the sarcasm? SNK sold tons of SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PSX, Saturn, Dreamcast, and potentially PS2 ports. I've bought several of them over the years and many I know have also purchased them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

wasnt being sarcastic

beast busters 64 was cool as ice

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i really been having the itch to play the
hyper driving game.

SNK4EVER

R.I.P., Dear Friend,
Originally posted by rarehero:
<strong>i really been having the itch to play the
hyper driving game.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Speaking of the Hyper driving game, from what I remember it was a really good game. It kind of felt like Ridge Racer, but off-road. They use to have a really nice 2-player sit down dedicated cab at one of the local arcades in my area. However, I went back a couple of years ago and sadly it was gone.
:(

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
sounds cool.
i was thinking about getting a hyper set up
and find one of the driving boards
but have been told that its almost impossible to
find them since SNK did them dedicated to their own
cab.

SNK4EVER

R.I.P., Dear Friend,
Definetly must be hard to find, that was the only one I ever came across. Would be nice to have, to bad it was sold...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Is there any difference between the Japanese and US MotW? Are the Jap voices on target or do they lag as well? I kind of dig the new release cover art. NCSX had a shit scan of it, but the actual game looks pretty sweet.

What about Last Blade 2? What makes the Japanese version better? Is the US release censored?

Thanks.

ray_7

I've just bought the JPN version of MotW, the Best Buy release.

And I would say the game is pretty sweet, graphic's top notch, gameplay superb. The only thing it's lacking is that the sound lag, especially when that KO screen comes up. The letter KO would came out first, then around 1 or 2 secs later, the sound KO would come out.

Other than that, the game is perfect!

J' Kusanagi

Hardened Shock Trooper
Last Blade 2 Final Edition Import is uncensored, it has blood and fatalaties like a JPN Samsho game. Plus it has a bonus card game. The U.S. LB2 is censored, it has no blood, no fatalaties, and no card game.

J' Kusanagi

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hm I am also itching to now the difference with the Garous. I put my U.S. Garou for DC up for auction and the damn thing is at 31 bucks right now so I can buy the JPN version, hearing its better, faster and has blood, and some vulgar language and a few other tweaks.

10 in 2010

Originally posted by J' Kusanagi:
<strong>Hm I am also itching to now the difference with the Garous. I put my U.S. Garou for DC up for auction and the damn thing is at 31 bucks right now so I can buy the JPN version, hearing its better, faster and has blood, and some vulgar language and a few other tweaks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

it's no different, theres no blood in any version of MOTW , only differences are Khushnood is names Marco and Tizoc is named the Griffon.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
JAYSUS this still going come on Franny!!!! get in here tell us AES rules !!!!

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
If you have an European console and are using a boot disc, DON'T BUY GAROU FOR DC!

You will get slow speed, borders, 50hz and alot of other shit. The sound effects are delayed on all versions because they stream them, like Last Blade 2 DC. They did not i KOF 98 and 99 for dc thought.

I've also noticed ONE slowdown, but just one. It's from doang whang's (?) long supercombo with alot of kicks (qcfx3). There is a noticable slowdown i that one.

Also the saving feature is even worse designed that the neogeo counterpart. It ask's for loading/svaing every time you push a button.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Originally posted by cgun:
<strong>If you have an European console and are using a boot disc, DON'T BUY GAROU FOR DC!

You will get slow speed, borders, 50hz and alot of other shit. The sound effects are delayed on all versions because they stream them, like Last Blade 2 DC. They did not i KOF 98 and 99 for dc thought.
[...] </strong><hr></blockquote>

Wrong.

I have an Euro DC, and the original (not Best Buy) MotW JPN. If I boot it using the DC-X, it's full screen, 60Hz, and IMO only very marginally slower than the Neo version (which I regularly play at a friend's place on MVS).

Get yer facts straight, please.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I decided to get the DC version of Garou: MOTW about a month ago. After waiting a few days to get around to playing it, I popped it in. And you know what, I was kind of letdown by it. I remember playing it when it first came out on the Neo Geo...I was amazed by it. The DC version seemed to be missing something. I don't own the AES or MVS carts but I did play the AES briefly. I enjoyed it so much more at least. $400? Who cares...I don't care all that much for the SNK ports to other systems, it feels like things are missing.