Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

lordnikon

Another Striker
Dreamcast: Karous
Playstation 2: Trizeal

Note: I own the Dreamcast version of Trizeal, but just recently acquired the PS2 version. Which is why I am taking it for a test drive. Shooooting Love!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I posted this about a month ago over at shmups.

img0388xn2.jpg

Nearly pissed myself when it happened.:lolz: (my real high score is just under 8 million)

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Nice score Circa2113! What cab are you running ESP Ra.De. on?

Currently playing DoDonPachi and Battle Garegga. The second stage is pretty damn hard.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
Nice score Circa2113! What cab are you running ESP Ra.De. on?

Currently playing DoDonPachi and Battle Garegga. The second stage is pretty damn hard.

For now, it is on my supergun since I don't have a cab with a vertical monitor.

I do have 2 egret II's on the way though, so that will change very soon.

By the way, that score was a complete glitch, it was 5-6 times the world record.:lolz:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Also, I've been playing gunbird 2 lately.

That game is an absolute bitch. I rarely get off of level 4 and my score is almost always under 300,000.:oh_no:

Grimspoon

New Challenger
Circa2113 said:
Aerofighters 2 is excellent. Not a lot of depth to it, but just pure fun and challenge.

Radilgy isn't my cup of tea. How do you like it?

I actually found myself enjoying it. For some reason for as long as I can remember - I've been biased against cell shading. I can't remember ever liking a cell-shaded game, and I think thats why when I got Radilgy, tried it once - saw what it was and never touched it again.

After giving it a chance though, it was quite good. Maybe a bit on the easy side though. Anyone find that to be the case at all?

Last edited:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Grimspoon said:
I actually found myself enjoying it. For some reason for as long as I can remember - I've been biased against cell shading. I can't remember ever liking a cell-shaded game, and I think thats why when I got Radilgy, tried it once - saw what it was and never touched it again.

After giving it a chance though, it was quite good. Maybe a bit on the easy side though. Anyone find that to be the case at all?

I may have to get it out again and try it. I really didn't give it a fair play.

On another note, I made it to the 2nd loop of a shmup (raiden fighters!) for the first time in my life today.:buttrock:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Played Truxton II and GigaWing today.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
played a little Brave Blade and played a lot of Batrider.

I got to level 5 in Batrider with just one life today, then I died 3 times in level 5. I'll keep at it and get the one credit clear in intermediate mode pretty soon I think.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
alec said:
played a little Brave Blade and played a lot of Batrider.

I got to level 5 in Batrider with just one life today, then I died 3 times in level 5. I'll keep at it and get the one credit clear in intermediate mode pretty soon I think.

I plan to buy a batrider pcb soon. Can't wait!

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
^that's some good progress in batrider.

soon as i got some bankroll, i'm gonna snatch that up myself.
thanks to my bud don i'm playing some trigger heart excelica
in vga on my new nec xm29. holy shit this thing is :B: :A: :D:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
califoreigner said:

How's trigger heart treating ya? I'm having a lot of fun with it.:D I prefer it to karous and (of course) last hope.

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
i'm at the bottom of the hs thread (no suprise there) but hey- i'm enjoying it a lot and thats all that matters. been reading comments from others saying its boring. i also prefer this to karous and don't take many peoples opinion for much. maybe just the artsy style turns me off. honestly haven't given it much of a shot and never tried radirgy. oh well

btw, thanks for the help earlier :D

Last edited:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
califoreigner said:
i'm at the bottom of the hs thread (no suprise there) but hey- i'm enjoying it a lot and thats all that matters. been reading comments from others saying its boring. i also prefer this to karous and don't take many peoples opinion for much. i like vasara so its not the bullet cancelling in karous that bothers me. maybe just the artsy style turns me off. honestly haven't given it much of a shot and never tried radirgy. oh well

btw, thanks for the help earlier :D

No problem.;)

I need to post over in the HS thread. I'd actually take 7th place as of now.

I'm not sure why, but Karous just isn't "working" for me. Maybe if I leave it alone for a while and come back fresh I'll view it differently. I found Vasara bland myself...

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
califoreigner said:

Thanks man, I try. Actually getting that far in Batrider already surprised me quite a bit. I just got it maybe a week ago. I guess its all that Garegga Saturn play that got me where I am today. I still need to find out what causes a "Special Level Up" so far they seem kinda random, but they help a whole lot.

Yes, arcade games do cost bankroll. They're usually worth it though. Especially Batrider.

Still haven't played Triggerheart yet, I hope its cool.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I was looking to buy batrider, but something else caught my eye and I couldn't resist.

Word.:buttrock:

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
I was looking to buy batrider, but something else caught my eye and I couldn't resist.

Word.:buttrock:
those should be fun.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
alec said:
those should be fun.

I hope so. I've never played either ( :emb: ) so I should be in for a nice surprise.

I'm still on the lookout for a batrider board though. I can't afford it now since in the last few days I've bought that STV package, a CPS2 A+B board, a 1 slot with carts, a couple other mvs carts, a lot of shockboxes and some original dangun feveron art. When I do find one at a good price though, I know for a fact I'll be picking it up.:D

Arcade gaming is such an addictive hobby, so damn abusive on the checking acount.:crying:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Arcade gaming is such an addictive hobby, so damn abusive on the checking acount.:crying:

AMEN

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've been playing a bit of Karous and lots of Trigger Heart.

Karous seems weird to me, I will have to put some more time into it... had the same prob with Radirgy at first but then kinda liked (not loved) it.

Say what you want but that cel-shading stuff isn't the best for shmups like that, somehow the graphics remind me of an even cuter version of Twin Bee Yahoo... ...which isn't a bad thing per se but I like the standard stuff better.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
It seems as if myself and Kiken are the only people seriously playing Karous atm. Meanwhile I'm about to give Trigger Heart a viking funeral.

All this talk about it over in the suggestion thread made me wanna play this:
Picture404.jpg

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Kiel said:
It seems as if myself and Kiken are the only people seriously playing Karous atm. Meanwhile I'm about to give Trigger Heart a viking funeral.

All this talk about it over in the suggestion thread made me wanna play this:
Picture404.jpg

That's pretty nice, but an overkill at the same time.