Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
As soon as madball makes the noise and opens up, plant a bomb directly centered on him. You get about a million points.
With Golden Bat it's not so easy, you have to suicide to use the invincibility and then actually fly into his core and use a full bomb.

What's the best strategy to best the level 3 tank? That bitch is fucking me over... don't want a milking strategy, just a solid strategy to beat it quickly

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
You don't want to quick kill it. You need to learn how to let it survive until it has reached the landing pad because once it stops you kill it and it drops a 1UP. Take out each side while it's moving but do not shoot the center turret because that will cause it to start it's nasty spiral pattern. Once it stops you can kill it by just shooting one side a bunch.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
You don't want to quick kill it. You need to learn how to let it survive until it has reached the landing pad because once it stops you kill it and it drops a 1UP. Take out each side while it's moving but do not shoot the center turret because that will cause it to start it's nasty spiral pattern. Once it stops you can kill it by just shooting one side a bunch.

Ugh. Not the answer I was looking for... lol :)

I noted the centre mini turret watching a Superplay, so I shall definitely be remembering that!!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Tarma! I just saw you out of the corner of my eye, always awesome, gunning for the gold!

Strikers 1945+

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Picked up a Sonic Wings Limited PCB recently. I'm having a lot more fun with it than I was expecting. Most of the planes play very differently from each other with really unique abilities, so there's just so much variety to try out.

Chempop

Picked up a Sonic Wings Limited PCB recently. I'm having a lot more fun with it than I was expecting. Most of the planes play very differently from each other with really unique abilities, so there's just so much variety to try out.

I haven't tried it, but Sonic Wings Special on saturn is similar and extremely good. Glad you are enjoying it.

I've only had time for a couple credits of Mushihimesama HD port on 360. Still one of my favorite cave titles, I much prefer it to Futari.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Playing all of my verts to configure them for tate, since I just got a TV wall mount that can do rotation.

And before that, was playing a lot of Deathsmiles, mainly to attempt a 1.1 mode 1cc with all-rank3+EX stage. Made some progress, but still can't get it. :(

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I haven't tried it, but Sonic Wings Special on saturn is similar and extremely good. Glad you are enjoying it.

I've only had time for a couple credits of Mushihimesama HD port on 360. Still one of my favorite cave titles, I much prefer it to Futari.

Ironic, I've just resurrected my Saturn that had a duff laser lens, and to test it out I fired up Sonic Wings Special!

Enjoyable game, but the tiny tiny bullets get on my wick and the levels are a little too short. Definitely worth owning for those times when you just want a blast with a very down to earth and simple shooter.

Chempop

Got the mushi maniac (360 port) 1CC after quite a few practice runs. Such a better port than the PS2 ver, I rather like the hi-res graphics.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Still playing Danmaku Unlimited II for PC. Getting better and taking no damage for the first 3 missions.

Chempop

Since I've been replaying some of my 360 ports I decided to try out DOJblex since it had been ages. What a great game, took a few warmup credits before I got the 1-All, I don't actually think I've ever met loop requirements in this one. One of the best cave games without a doubt.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hyper Duel & Blast Wind - Saturn

<3! Arcade mode or Saturn mode for Hyper Duel?

Since I've been replaying some of my 360 ports I decided to try out DOJblex since it had been ages. What a great game, took a few warmup credits before I got the 1-All, I don't actually think I've ever met loop requirements in this one. One of the best cave games without a doubt.

:cool:

I've been playing some Ashura Blaster.

I've gotten to stage 4 already. I think there are 5 stages in the first loop.

Super depressing music! I love it. Visco for life.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Ok. Ashura Blaster is on the back burner for the time being.

I've been playing Vimana.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the 1-All for Vimana tonight. I ended my run at 2-3 or 2-4.. well at 148% haha.

vimana.jpg

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
<3! Arcade mode or Saturn mode for Hyper Duel?

Saturn mode. Trying for 1cc... the last boss is tough though compared to the others... damn green missile thingys :mad:

Been putting some time into Gunbird 2 on DC as well... getting closer to 1cc the first loop

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I have put Nostradamus in the Aero, first time I seriously play it as I bought the board cheap a long time ago and had so many other good shmups to play .
It's a pretty tough game, the graphics are nice apart from the ugly player select screens and the music sounds like crap, I'm not sure what to think of it .