Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
EspGaluda II would be a good purchase. I really hope Pink Sweets drops in price. That game seems pretty interesting.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
bay said:
we're running through sweets right now, im getting the hang out of it. time to read up.

don't get me wrong

those two were also good (damn good, might I add)

but if I were to choose the ones that just "clicked" with me right away, it was Ketsui and ESPGaluda II

Galuda II might be more of the same, but the new hardware coupled with the "more bullets, more manic" gameplay, really set it off. I didn't realize it got this much of a face lift.

Futari was top notch as well. I definitely dug it more than the first, and I'd have to go as far as saying that it's one of the most beautiful 2D shmups ever made. I would've liked to have spent more time with Pink Sweets, it's a big departure from Ibara, which is a good thing, as it's nothing what anyone here will be expecting and it gives the game it's own unique vibe.

I forgot to mention that Bay brought over Black Label Ibara as well. The little differences between it and the PS2 arranged version make a difference, mainly because the medals get sucked into your ship when you stop shooting ( any item will), making the "medaling" game a bit more manageable. As it was, the arranged mode was balls on fucking hard, but Black Label makes it less frustrating and fun.

Anyway, Bay is a class act (not just because you brought those PCBs), hope you make more trips to Michigan in the future.

Last edited:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Ibara black label looks excellent. At the prices it goes for though, there is no way I'll ever own it.

My next purchase may very well be a brand new Ibara kit. Just waiting on a reply from a couple places to see what my best option is...

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
roker said:
...hope you make more trips to Michigan in the future.

Bay is welcome anytime. Last night was a blast :buttrock:

I am seriously hung over this morning, and not from the 1/2 beer I drank, but the overload of plasma blossoms. I've never done so much shmuping in one night. As far as Bay's insane collection goes, Ketsui and Galuda 2 are high on my list as well. Though Pink Sweets is pretty badass too.

I came very close to passing out playing Futari last night, then just rolled my ass onto the floor and crashed. So many PCBs, so little time. :(

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
Bay is welcome anytime. Last night was a blast :buttrock:

I am seriously hung over this morning, and not from the 1/2 beer I drank, but the overload of plasma blossoms. I've never done so much shmuping in one night. As far as Bay's insane collection goes, Ketsui and Galuda 2 are high on my list as well. Though Pink Sweets is pretty badass too.

I came very close to passing out playing Futari last night, then just rolled my ass onto the floor and crashed. So many PCBs, so little time. :(

So bay is like a traveling cave collection?

You're welcome anytime in Georgia.:D

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
So bay is like a traveling cave collection?

You're welcome anytime in Georgia.:D

He would probably be better described as a traveling crack dealer.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
dubdubdub said:
He would probably be better described as a traveling crack dealer.

Ah yes...cave, the drug of hardcore arcade gamers everywhere.

I really hope I one day have a chance to play some of the cave games that may never get a port.

Bay, can I borrow ketsui for the week? I'll be very kind and even take her out to dinner a couple times.:lolz:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
UNTIL you get to that last boss....oof!

I haven't used any additional credits yet, so don't spoil it for me.:)

I made it to the stage 4 boss today before losing my credit.

I think it is easy (at least up to where I am so far) because the extends aren't hard to pickup at all. 4,000,000 points usually comes in stage 2 or 3, and then there is a 1up in stage 3 as well.

Really enjoying this shmup.:buttrock:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
I haven't used any additional credits yet, so don't spoil it for me.:)

I made it to the stage 4 boss today before losing my credit.

I think it is easy (at least up to where I am so far) because the extends aren't hard to pickup at all. 4,000,000 points usually comes in stage 2 or 3, and then there is a 1up in stage 3 as well.

Really enjoying this shmup.:buttrock:

Grr! I wish I would of kept that damn PCB! You're making me want to play EspGaluda!

:envy: ... :( ...:crying:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Piratero said:
Grr! I wish I would of kept that damn PCB! You're making me want to play EspGaluda!

*68k hooks up his PS2 and plays

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:

Sorry.:lolz:

The PCB has dropped in price a lot, so now may be a good time to get it. Worth the ~$240 it goes for in my opinion. I got a steal on mine though (255 shipped for a complete kit minus the box), which made it even more worth the cost.:buttrock:

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
Sorry.:lolz:

The PCB has dropped in price a lot, so now may be a good time to get it. Worth the ~$240 it goes for in my opinion. I got a steal on mine though (255 shipped for a complete kit minus the box), which made it even more worth the cost.:buttrock:

I may get one sooner or later. Right now, I have my eyes on DoDonPachi: DOJ! :drool_2:

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
I may get one sooner or later. Right now, I have my eyes on DoDonPachi: DOJ! :drool_2:

I think fujita has one for 29500 right now which is about $250. Seems to be the lowest price around although I'm not sure what they charge for shipping.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
I think fujita has one for 29500 right now which is about $250. Seems to be the lowest price around although I'm not sure what they charge for shipping.

I don't know what they use to convert Yen to Dollar so yeah, it may differ. Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to see their PCB list. Its really hard to choose between all these excellent shmups!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
I don't know what they use to convert Yen to Dollar so yeah, it may differ. Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to see their PCB list. Its really hard to choose between all these excellent shmups!

The current rate is 1 dollar to about 118 yen which is about where it has been for weeks now. That would make 29,500 yen 248.32 dollars. I'd imagine the price would be under $300 shipped.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Went up to the local arcade and played a little bit of Strikers 1945 II.

I wish they would sell that cab to me :(.

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
68k said:
Went up to the local arcade and played a little bit of Strikers 1945 II.

I wish they would sell that cab to me :(.

The local movie theater here has a raiden 2 cab I'd love to have. I haggled with the owner, but he wanted way too much. (I think I made a thread about it here at one point)

Playing more galuda, I've made it all the way to the stage 4 boss a few times now.:)

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
I'm a fucking addict, someone help.

Just bought this on ebay thanks to my "cave angel" in the background who pointed out to me. Sorry, Piratero, beat ya to it.:p

1.jpg

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Circa2113 said:
I'm a fucking addict, someone help.

Just bought this on ebay thanks to my "cave angel" in the background who pointed out to me. Sorry, Piratero, beat ya to it.:p

1.jpg

Excellent choice! Have fun with the game! I'm sure my ass will be constantly handed to me when I get my grubby hands on that game. I'm not sure, but is that DoDonPachi: DOJ or the Black Lable version?

Cave Angel ... :lolz:

I think an "intervention" is needed. Anyone watch that show?

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen your collection. Mind posting some pics of your cabs?

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
Piratero said:
Excellent choice! Have fun with the game! I'm sure my ass will be constantly handed to me when I get my grubby hands on that game. I'm not sure, but is that DoDonPachi: DOJ or the Black Lable version?

Cave Angel ... :lolz:

I think an "intervention" is needed. Anyone watch that show?

By the way, I don't think I've ever seen your collection. Mind posting some pics of your cabs?

Yea, I'll get some photos up next week when my newest additions arrive. I have two Egret II's on the way from matsu, so that will spruce things up a bit. I'm up to 4 cave boards now, so I think I may need an intervention...what show are we referring to? Seinfeld?

As a quick list:

CABS:
NEO GEO 1 slot--completely stripped, restoring it with a new color scheme
Virtua Fighter--haven't decided if I'll go through with the project, may just part it out as I have very little invested in it
Egret IIx2
Possibly picking up a SFalpha cab on the cheap next month as well

CAVE boards:
Dangun w/ complete art set (I think, not sure if I'm missing a couple things)
Dodonpachi: DOJ
ESPgaluda w/ complete art set
ESPrade

Other Boards:
STV Mobo
Radiant Silvergun
Soukyugurentai
MVS w/ tons of carts
CPS3 motherboard and some carts
CPS2 boards (a's and b's)
Mr. Driller 2
Raiden Fighters
Dogyuun (on it's way possibly, have to iron out the deal)
Virtua Fighter full boardset (this thing weighs about 80 pounds, no joke:lolz: )

Think I'm missing a few things, but that's most of it.

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
scored a few rocks from the local crack spot-

DSC00085.jpg

i got strikers 1999, raiden fighters 1 and 2.

set me back 75 duckets. SCHWIING BATTA!!

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
califoreigner said:
scored a few rocks from the local crack spot-

DSC00085.jpg

i got strikers 1999, raiden fighters 1 and 2.

set me back 75 duckets. SCHWIING BATTA!!

Damn, I would have payed 75 for anyone of those games, great deal!

Could you please inform me of the current stock of this "crackspot"?:lolz:

califoreigner

Dodgeball Yakuza
Circa2113 said:
Damn, I would have payed 75 for anyone of those games, great deal!

Could you please inform me of the current stock of this "crackspot"?:lolz:

man the crackhouse has officially been raided haha

i hear there's a box of sega titan carts, but i had luck finding it :/
i got a mobo that pretty damn lonely. if you'd part w/ souky lmk