Old Member's Check-In Thread.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Shapermc said:
I might as well pop in and say hey. I have not posted to much in the past 2 years, but I still visit. The forums kind of went to shit really bad recently and I lean further and further, but I can't avoid the place.

I still miss Venturis. And Iori (the original).
Once a part of the Neo, ALWAYS A PART OF THE NEO! ;)

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Fran posted on the DC.

Who remember Bobak's "neo-geo.com responds" video where he's mimicing that french video of a guy using his fingers as fighting game characters? I have that on my HD. I have no idea why.

All night games of Kung-Fu Chess.

How about that Brett guy from Michagan who tried to rip me off... posted about his Camero all the time and looked like a pug. Banned twice.

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
ForeverSublime said:
Who remember Bobak's "neo-geo.com responds" video where he's mimicing that french video of a guy using his fingers as fighting game characters? I have that on my HD. I have no idea why.

Heh, I don't even have that video anymore. I hosted it on the NG.com website for something like 12 hours and then took it down. When my old HD went down I forgot to backup my video files.

I'd forgot about it.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
ForeverSublime said:
How about that Brett guy from Michagan who tried to rip me off... posted about his Camero all the time and looked like a pug. Banned twice.

FilledWithFurySS. After the second time he got banned he made his own anti-Neo-Geo.com website by stealing a bunch of pics from our members' gallery and giving them dumb captions.

That's right, the very first person that he ripped off on these boards was you wasn't it. What did he trade you- it was something like three or four horribly beat up Saturn Games or something like that...

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi said:
That's right, the very first person that he ripped off on these boards was you wasn't it. What did he trade you- it was something like three or four horribly beat up Saturn Games or something like that...

I posted about this back on page 2 or something.

I believe that Panzer Saga was included in the deal, as well as a beat up Saturn, he recieved a homecart system in the trade, and wouldn't stop trying to find a "shell" for it afterwards.

His first step in the wrong direction was that thread called "Who else has a problem with Saturn Gamer" ;)

Everything after that is all n-g.com history.

He came back with a fake account too, but I don't remember what the user name was.

Q-

aria

Former Moderator
Remember when people made elaborate "I'm leaving the site" threads as though it really made a difference one way or the other?

They're never a good idea, you may very well end up come back.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime said:
Fran posted on the DC.

if you mean that i used to post through a dreamcast,
then no

never have

if you mean something else by "on the dc" then,please,fill me in :)

one of the greatest thread i remember was the one i made back in 2001 or so

when shawn was still posting and all that

it was called something along the lines of "your fave 3 members and who do you hate the most"

the intriguing bit is,i created that one in news & rumours and no one complained,no one locked it or moved it to the war room

i'm sure old time members remember it

good times

of course it went to "shit" pretty damn quickly,and i mean shit in a funny way eh

don't bother trying to dig it up with the search function

i deleted most of the threads i had started in 2002 when i,gulp,left the scene???

don't ask

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Bobak said:
Remember when people made elaborate "I'm leaving the site" threads as though it really made a difference one way or the other?

They're never a good idea, you may very well end up come back.

Like it's my fault people are never on AIM at the same time as me anymore? :smirk:

I actually won money off that because this handle didn't get deleted at the time. Shawn's indifference to the board finally payed off. :D This thread's giving me flashbacks to BrymLoo's Farewell Parts I through XVII.

Don't know if I'd call mine a good example of elaborate, I tried but BrymLoo turned this sort of stuff into poetry.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
How come you forget the holy Kizuna Encounter drama threads ??

come on !!! It's NG.com™ in full glory !

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Fran said:
if you mean that i used to post through a dreamcast,
then no

never have

if you mean something else by "on the dc" then,please,fill me in :)

I just remember someone made that excuse for the

reason

you typed

like this. It inspired a couple attempts at a DC post 'round here. Just good memories.

neo_X7 said:
Do you remember :cool:

6) The day the forums got hacked

Remember it like it was today.

aria

Former Moderator
Neo Rasa said:
Don't know if I'd call mine a good example of elaborate, I tried but BrymLoo turned this sort of stuff into poetry.

Oh, I competely agree with you. The only reason you came up is because I noticed you were posting earlier and looked at your "recent post history" which still included your farewell thread (not bad, it was a solid block of time).

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Yeah the person losing the money and I agreed this was hiatus enough, and frankly the thread topic is true, a lot of the older members I did enjoy chatting with ARE coming back so I have no real reason to stay away.

Shame S-C shutting down and the board hack happened so close to it though.

But man my second or third day back here and I'm already talking about Conan the Barbarian and Fatal Fury like it was pre-ON merger, awesome. :D

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I'm glad Rasa's back personally. The man knows his Neo shit, has hooked me up with a lot of great SNK mp3s over AIM. If we could just get Chimp and FTL to leave, this place would be better than ever.

:mr_t:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Seen a post by Neo Rasa kinda caught me off guard as well. Glad ur back, and agreed, this guy does know his Neo shit....

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
As you may be able to see from my user info, I've been around since 2K but I haven't been active in these forums in a long while, probably dating back to when the ON merger occurred and I made the exodus with a lot of them. There was a lot of drama at the site back then too, and I really didn't have the patience for it at the time. Kept buying Neo carts through NCS, all the way up to KOF 2K3 (home cart count-26), kept my eye on Neo-Geo.com for the news.

I tooled around on ON boards for a good while but really grew kinda tired of the fighting game scene after a year or two. Kept buying them, but my heart wasn't in it. Then GamingFM came along and I got more involved with that, as well as other non gaming interests on the web.

I've always lurked this site to stay up on the Neo scene. I've always felt that this site was the #1 Neo info source, and even though I haven't posted anything (except for a handful of posts recently) I've stayed abreast of things here.

So I guess I'm another 'old member' coming back. Don't know how long I'll be active, but this is still a great website for active members and lurkers alike. Good to be back!

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Taiso said:
As you may be able to see from my user info, I've been around since 2K but I haven't been active in these forums in a long while, probably dating back to when the ON merger occurred and I made the exodus with a lot of them. There was a lot of drama at the site back then too, and I really didn't have the patience for it at the time. Kept buying Neo carts through NCS, all the way up to KOF 2K3 (home cart count-26), kept my eye on Neo-Geo.com for the news.

I tooled around on ON boards for a good while but really grew kinda tired of the fighting game scene after a year or two. Kept buying them, but my heart wasn't in it. Then GamingFM came along and I got more involved with that, as well as other non gaming interests on the web.

I've always lurked this site to stay up on the Neo scene. I've always felt that this site was the #1 Neo info source, and even though I haven't posted anything (except for a handful of posts recently) I've stayed abreast of things here.

So I guess I'm another 'old member' coming back. Don't know how long I'll be active, but this is still a great website for active members and lurkers alike. Good to be back!
My brother posts at GamingFM as "Dan's Bro". He's the one who whined for a ROTD soundtrack purchase.

and yes Rasa is back, great.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
neo_X7 said:
Do you remember :cool:

1) Blaine's old SNK Girl Sig
2) ray_7 changing his avatar four times a day
3) When Judge Dread was announced
4) The drama of Drift King EX
5) BioMotor_Unitron was the only monitor that you ever saw
7) When t3h ROMS was a bad word
8) When Fran was the original port hater
9) Liquid Snake Vs. NSX-T
10) The drama of JAPHEI, and the day that he got ran over by a car
11) The darkest day in Neo-geo.com history http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56799
12) xtoo_short20x became the new CD Price Guide Analyst
13) Metal Slug never posted anything but "BUMP!" in the selling threads
14) Kanjifreak's "lottery" for Ironclad :drool_2:
15) The drama that was the black phantom 1
16) NGF got sued by Playmore
17) Neo-Geo.com T-shirt contest
18) R.I.P Daisuke Jigen, SNK4EVER :crying:
19) Dion got busted still bidding his car on Ebay http://www.tiptonium.com/neogeo/bits_NGeFBubbleGumCar.htm
20) Valier the original fake account
21) NGF stickers :envy: Big timers!
22) The drama of Tora

I remember all of those things, each one seems like only yesterday.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
>>My brother posts at GamingFM as "Dan's Bro". He's the one who whined for a ROTD soundtrack purchase.<<

Ah, that would explain the name then, wouldn't it?:)

I'm grateful for his presence there, actually. He's pro-SNK, and that goes a long way in my book. Since I'm one of the site's owners and administrators, that actually means something over there:D

>>Originally Posted by neo_X7
Do you remember

1) Blaine's old SNK Girl Sig
2) ray_7 changing his avatar four times a day
3) When Judge Dread was announced
4) The drama of Drift King EX
5) BioMotor_Unitron was the only monitor that you ever saw
7) When t3h ROMS was a bad word
8) When Fran was the original port hater
9) Liquid Snake Vs. NSX-T
10) The drama of JAPHEI, and the day that he got ran over by a car
11) The darkest day in Neo-geo.com history
12) xtoo_short20x became the new CD Price Guide Analyst
13) Metal Slug never posted anything but "BUMP!" in the selling threads
14) Kanjifreak's "lottery" for Ironclad
15) The drama that was the black phantom 1
16) NGF got sued by Playmore
17) Neo-Geo.com T-shirt contest
18) R.I.P Daisuke Jigen, SNK4EVER
19) Dion got busted still bidding his car on Ebay
20) Valier the original fake account
21) NGF stickers Big timers!
22) The drama of Tora<<

That is a great list of memories. It just shows how awesome this site is that it can be the source of so much nostalgia. Makes me feel young again:)

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Do I count as an oldtymer yet? Does anyone even know who I am? I think I got along best with the hamburger crew, honestly. :emb:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
dmhawkmoon said:
Do I count as an oldtymer yet? Does anyone even know who I am? I think I got along best with the hamburger crew, honestly. :emb:

Doctor Doctor!

Mercedes

Hardened Shock Trooper
Joke

A man wrote a child support check and asked his 18 years old daughter to take it to her mother. But he would like his daughter to report it back to him about her mother's facial expression when she found out that was the final check she was going to receive. Shortly after the daughter returned, and sheepishly she said, "Mother wants to know the expression on your face when you were told that I ain't your daughter".

:glee: :glee: :glee: :glee:

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Mercedes said:
A man wrote a child support check and asked his 18 years old daughter to take it to her mother. But he would like his daughter to report it back to him about her mother's facial expression when she found out that was the final check she was going to receive. Shortly after the daughter returned, and sheepishly she said, "Mother wants to know the expression on your face when you were told that I ain't your daughter".

:glee: :glee: :glee: :glee:
:lol: nice