Show them if you got them "Candy Cabs"

Tyshalle

n00b
Desire to purchase a cab increasing...

The closest I've got to a cab right now are these:

3945833929_0df7a16847_z.jpg

Top one is modded for 360/PC use. Blast City panel populated with Sanwa parts. 4 holes were drilled in the back for the Guide and Back buttons.

Bottom one is stock for Dreamcast.

My humble wannabees :D

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Desire to purchase a cab increasing...

The closest I've got to a cab right now are these:

3945833929_0df7a16847_z.jpg

Top one is modded for 360/PC use. Blast City panel populated with Sanwa parts. 4 holes were drilled in the back for the Guide and Back buttons.

Bottom one is stock for Dreamcast.

My humble wannabees :D

Straight boss :D

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I am guessing you don't want to get a set of shockboxes for all of those kits :D

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Been meaning to take some pics of my collection for awhile and finally got around to it. So here are my candys:

Blast City (primarily for Ikaruga) and AWSD:

blast_aw.jpg

Super Neo 29 (6 slot) and Capcom Q-25s:

sn_q.jpg

Super Neo 29 Type II (Hyper rev 1):

hyper.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Wow, what a setup Jaelus!

I like the control panels Tyshalle.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
my old super neos. :crying:

Yep, and with your old 6 slot board. Didn't have to do much with the cabs. I put new sticks and buttons in the Super Neo to bring it back to stock, and made a stock style default move strip. On the hyper I also added stock buttons but went a different route with the sticks. Both have new marquee toppers made by FrancoB. The Q25s are Ilazul's old cabs.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You've been quiet and very busy for a loooong time, brother. Excellent set up!

SSS

neo retired
Yep, and with your old 6 slot board. Didn't have to do much with the cabs. I put new sticks and buttons in the Super Neo to bring it back to stock, and made a stock style default move strip. On the hyper I also added stock buttons but went a different route with the sticks. Both have new marquee toppers made by FrancoB. The Q25s are Ilazul's old cabs.

You ever look into that slight monitor jump on the non-hyper one? Or has that not been an issue. I remember it would only do it until the cab warmed up.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
You ever look into that slight monitor jump on the non-hyper one? Or has that not been an issue. I remember it would only do it until the cab warmed up.

Yea I looked into it and it seemed like it was an issue with it being old and in how the grounds are tied together in that cab internal to the PSU, but it's by design. I re-did the grounding on the CP differently and removed the stock power cables and wired both cabs with heavy duty grounded cables. This improved it a lot. It still does it for maybe the first 30 seconds but then it's solid. I play the cab all the time, so the monitor still looks great. I haven't had to touch it at all.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
That's a primo looking setup! Those Q25s look sweet and everything is nicely arranged for group gatherings.

Yea it's kind of evolved over time into this configuration. The layout of the room isn't very good for arcade cabs so there's almost no wall space I can back them up to except that nook which is only big enough for two. Once I got the idea to put them back to back in the middle of the room it clicked. Still, I don't have as much space as I need since there are 8 cabs in that room and the 4 player cab needs a lot of space around it. The last one of my cabs (a Galaxian) is in the garage, but it needs a lot of restoration anyway and the monitor is busted.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Jaelus! love the setup, totally reminds me of a Game Center in JP, btw are the Q-25's the cabs with the super easy rotate mechanism? I wanted to look into these or an egret for the rotate, but then I thought if I ever do get another cab it could just me a perma-vertical.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Jaelus! love the setup, totally reminds me of a Game Center in JP, btw are the Q-25's the cabs with the super easy rotate mechanism? I wanted to look into these or an egret for the rotate, but then I thought if I ever do get another cab it could just me a perma-vertical.

No, but they can be rotated. The Qs have the best low res monitors though and they look great. My favorite cab for Capcom games for sure.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I've had this for several months, guess it's time to post something, this will probly sound lame, but I wish I had more cool arcade/ video game stuff around it to show, lol. It stands alone, but fits perfectly next to the kitchen entrance.

candy1.jpg

neptonikboy

New Challenger
My first candy cab which I got a couple of weeks ago, in my bedroom:

100_0778.jpg

Last edited: