PSP Releases in Japan at 19800 Yen ($185 US!!)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'll get a DS and enjoy it.

I'll get a PSP if there are games on it that aren't rehashes of what I can play on a PS2 or Xbox.

PSP looks great cosmetically though.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
there is a crazy theory out there that games like GTA apeals to "mature" gamers....

TonK

Least Valuable Player
norton9478 said:
there is a crazy theory out there that games like GTA apeals to "mature" gamers....

LMAO, I saw a 12 year old kid run into EB to get his game!

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
TonK said:
I'll get a DS and enjoy it.

I'll get a PSP if there are games on it that aren't rehashes of what I can play on a PS2 or Xbox.

PSP looks great cosmetically though.

So what do you call "Mario 64 DS" and "Advance war DS"... sounds like rehashes to me. (Just like Super Mario World on SNES in which they converted it for GBA and called in "Super Mario Advance 2." Not much work went into that it seems.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
C.A.R25 said:
So what do you call "Mario 64 DS" and "Advance war DS"... sounds like rehashes to me. (Just like Super Mario World on SNES in which they converted it for GBA and called in "Super Mario Advance 2." Not much work went into that it seems.
It's a handheld, man. Why does that seem so hard for some to understand? Mario64DS is mostly a rehash of Mario64: true. SO WHAT? I like Mario64. But I've never taken my N64 and TV camping, or on an airplane, or with me when I had to stay in a hotel for a wedding or something. I've never taken my N64 and TV to school or to work.

Have you?

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
I was responding to Tonk's remark about rehashed games... I don't mind rehashing old classics but there has got to be more than that on the market.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
C.A.R25 said:
I was responding to Tonk's remark about rehashed games... I don't mind rehashing old classics but there has got to be more than that on the market.
That wasn't really meant to be aimed at you specifically. More a general thing. A few people have been complaining about rehashes since GBA was released and even before. I just like being able to play Bionic Commando and whatnot outside the home.

As for DS and PSP, they are tying so hard to be like their console counterparts, that we're bound to see a lot of rehash stuff. PS1 stuff on PSP and N64 stuff on DS, just as we got a lot of NES and SNES stuff on GBA. And I'm fine with that.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
PS2 is underpowered compared to GC and Xbox: true. But so what? It has a bunch of great games. I now have PS2, GC and Xbox. I'd sell GC if it weren't for Zelda. Xbox's draw for me is online fighters. Neither one of them have even a fraction of PS1 and 2's combined library (excluding ROMZ on Xbox). Yet. Xbox may get there.

The ps2 is infact the most powerful out of the three... The cube is the magician of the three with sooo many programming tricks texture wise its rediculous and the xbox is basically a computer exporting graphics to a tv... the ps2 emotion engine is sooo hard to program for... with the new metal gear only using 80 percent of the power on the system. But the ps2 does have the most variety out of any system and they do have a superior market share based on that alone.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
C.A.R25 said:

Touche

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
wizkid007 said:
The ps2 is infact the most powerful out of the three... The cube is the magician of the three with sooo many programming tricks texture wise its rediculous and the xbox is basically a computer exporting graphics to a tv... the ps2 emotion engine is sooo hard to program for... with the new metal gear only using 80 percent of the power on the system. But the ps2 does have the most variety out of any system and they do have a superior market share based on that alone.
PS2 the most powerful? What have you been smoking? I believe its Xbox > GC > PS2. The GC specs may have seemed smaller, but Nintendo quoted the typical specs that would likely occur under gaming conditions where the PS2 quoted the theoretical max.

As far as PS2 being the most powerful, beating the xbox because the xbox is basically just a computer is moronic. The xbox wipes the floor with the PS2.

Anyway, this thread is getting a little off topic. I would suggest all you haters/people buying the DS perhaps start a new PSP vs DS thread, possibly with a poll.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wizkid007 said:

:tickled:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
wizkid007 said:

Can I buy a quarter?