Got my first cab today!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Wow, Tonk's playing nice with Kan all of a sudden now that he's got something he wants. Funny how that works, eh? ;)

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
lol sorry guys, last night was college graduation for some of our friends and I had to work all morning.

I still haven't made room for the cab inside, but here's a pic in the car:

IMG_2832.jpg

Like I said, a beater cab but it plays nice and will serve it's purpose. It has a counter in the coin assembly, which I assume means it was a route cab. The coin box is missing and all the locks are shot, but everything else works great. I'm just wondering if it's a conversion or something...the round marquee isn't anywhere on my Google searches. :scratch:

Since I don't want to make another thread in BonB, here are the Windjammers boards:

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/kanyozakura/IMG_2830.jpg
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l158/kanyozakura/IMG_2831.jpg

The things that made me think boot were the manufacturer-less ROMs and the resistors everywhere...the bottom of the boards look legit though, so I dunno. It works anyway.

lol @ those boots...on my AES w/converter Mr. Do resets after the Visco splash and Bomberman won't boot at all. They worked in the cab when I was testing it though. Whatever, stupid boots.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yep, its a conversion not an original big red. no doubt.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I was jealous.

lol hey, it works for me. You gotta love the bullet hole stickers on the monitor.

I don't know if I'll spend the effort to repair the actual cab, but once I get it in here and running I'll probably replace the battery.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Trying to work out what it was before, the bullet holes in the marquee are a clue. A cookie to anyone who can identify the cab! :D

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Trying to work out what it was before, the bullet holes in the marquee are a clue. A cookie to anyone who can identify the cab! :D

About that, the guy I bought it from put those on "just because", so they're not original to the cab.

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
I wonder if that marquee was a regular 1-slot marquee that was formed to that curve somehow.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Considering the marquee is just bendy plastic, it was OMG bent to fit.

:help:

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue

As conversions go, I've seen a lot worse. Hell, if the monitor and speakers are in good shape, that's what's important (the speakers in my big red have been crackly lately :().

Either way, have fun Kan. Somehow, playing Neo games on a cab is just a bit more magical than on other systems.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Congrats. Nice Data East cab neo conversion... but that control panel needs to go/be redone. That button layout is a big no-no! ;)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
fuckrightoffkern.jpg

Will you be wearing that Fatal fury hat when you play it?

LOL @ those stupid hats you guys wear.

Rofl :lolz:

What a geek.

You're married? Christ, you barely look old enough to have started puberty...
Did you get married in cosplay? Lemme guess, she was Blue Mary and you were Terry Bogard... :lolz:

Orange stripes on that cart... Is that an NGF "corrected" insert? :spock: :eye::eye:

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Congrats. Nice Data East cab neo conversion... but that control panel needs to go/be redone. That button layout is a big no-no! ;)

Yeah tell me about it. The button layout was what originally prevented me from contacting the guy, but I decided to suck it up and grab it. The thing that really fucks us up is that its (from top left to bottom right) ABCD instead of CDAB like the Neo CD pad. I thought about redoing it, but honestly we'll be out of this city in a year or two and I'll have to sell it anyway. It's just for having some fun.

Rofl :lolz:

What a geek.

You're married? Christ, you barely look old enough to have started puberty...
Did you get married in cosplay? Lemme guess, she was Blue Mary and you were Terry Bogard... :lolz:

Orange stripes on that cart... Is that an NGF "corrected" insert? :spock: :eye::eye:

:emb: Yeah, I'm pretty geeky.

My BS2 is sunfaded all to hell and that picture is poorly lit. The insert is green as normal. ;)

We didn't have a cosplay wedding, we had a white trash shotgun wedding. Our friend is a registered priest who got his priesthood for $30 on the net (no seriously, he's legally able to marry), so we just dressed up and met him in the park outside of the restaurant where I used to work. We grabbed two of our friends who still worked at the restaurant and our parents to get it done. It was actually really nice. We were going to have a big showoff wedding in Minneapolis, but we decided that our marriage was more important than the ceremony that would surely put us in debt.

A quick newbie question...can I plug this thing into a normal surge protector or will I need a heavy-duty one?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Why don't you just plug it straight into the wall?

It'd take minutes to change that button layout if they are quick disconnects too, but I guess the control panel markings would be wrong then. :(

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Why don't you just plug it straight into the wall?

It'd take minutes to change that button layout if they are quick disconnects too, but I guess the control panel markings would be wrong then. :(

I thought about switching the buttons and I still might do it...I just need to rearrange some furniture and throw out my back getting it in here first. :tickled:

Yeah fuck it, I'll plug it into the wall and unplug it when I'm done/storm. It's just that I've got like 20 of the fuckers with nothing to use them for. :scratch:

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member

Those look like the bullet holes from Lethal Enforcers. That was a Knoami Game not Data East though.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I thought about switching the buttons and I still might do it...I just need to rearrange some furniture and throw out my back getting it in here first. :tickled:

Yeah fuck it, I'll plug it into the wall and unplug it when I'm done/storm. It's just that I've got like 20 of the fuckers with nothing to use them for. :scratch:

I would think you could use a surge protector just fine... I don't with my cab... but I do have one that I bought for like $15 from the local hardware store that has a nice fuse on it and has been handling 8 servers under heavy load without a hitch.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
You actually paid $350 for that?

You got robbed homie....

Get that control panel fixed NOW.

OMG thats gross.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
You actually paid $350 for that?

You got robbed homie....

Get that control panel fixed NOW.

OMG thats gross.

lol if it was $350 for just the cab I'd have said no fucking way. Even with the boots I got a nice selection of games too (motherfucking Overtop!!!1!). It's perfect for me: a smallish cheap Neo cab that I don't have to keep in nice shape and can easily get rid of once we move. Fuck, even if no one buys the cab the board is JAMMA harnessed so I can just pop it out and sell it in the Market if need be.

That said, FUCK do I need to change those goddamn buttons. It's a nightmare to try to play fighters.

I love that round marquee though...so sexy. :drool_2:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
lol if it was $350 for just the cab I'd have said no fucking way. Even with the boots I got a nice selection of games too (motherfucking Overtop!!!1!). It's perfect for me: a smallish cheap Neo cab that I don't have to keep in nice shape and can easily get rid of once we move. Fuck, even if no one buys the cab the board is JAMMA harnessed so I can just pop it out and sell it in the Market if need be.

That said, FUCK do I need to change those goddamn buttons. It's a nightmare to try to play fighters.

I love that round marquee though...so sexy. :drool_2:

Overtop is terrible.

Sell it and get a real game.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Overtop is fun. If he wants another game, though, I'd take it off his hands.

I think 350 is far from a great deal for that cab, but it's not awful with the games that're included. Sure the control panel is not good for fighters, but it's functional.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Nice little Data East cabinet (the curved header and cab design were used for Bad Dudes, Robocop and Ghostbusters, etc.) Control panel is the wider variety and can easily be adaptable to the correct Neo-Geo version. The cab looks sturdy as DE made them pretty strong. Some may say $350 is a little high, considering the carts you got with it, it's still not a bad price. Congrats on your find.