Metal Slug 7 release information

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Click here for the original article.

SNK Playmore has made a press release stating several things about the upcoming Metal Slug 7 for Nintendo DS.

2008-05-02_ms7_releaseinfo1.png

2008-05-02_ms7_releaseinfo2.png
2008-05-02_ms7_releaseinfo3.png

Release date is set for July 17th, 2008 for Japan. Pricing will be 5,040 yen, or approximately USD$48 at the current exchange rates. CERO rating will be B, which means that it is very likely that the game will be released in the U.S. as T by ESRB.

Marco, Tarma, Eri, Fio, Ralf and Clark are announced as the playable characters. There are a total of seven levels, ranging from island scrap yard, coal mines, ruins and snowy mountains. The lower screen of the DS unit will be used as a stage map that will show the player of the ingame progress, which can be scrolled using the stylus and used for observing areas ahead and checking for items and POW's.

Furthermore, there will be a Combat School mode, which will feature a new instructor named Cynthia, (Who looks heck of a lot like Sophia.) and will include 80 training levels, as well as new levels that are not present in the normal singleplayer mode. And, just as every other Metal Slug games that featured the Combat School mode, the instructor's attitude towards the player, as before, will change as the player gains more points by progressing through the Combat School levels.

Raidyn

Crazed MVS Addict
Awesome!

I hope that the crabs from MS3 will be back for the "scrap yard island" or at least that the enemies won't all be those boring rebels and that there will be some new faces.

I'm definetly getting this game.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
This better be good.
As much as people want to believe that the DS is a platform strong enough to justify this as the next installment of this series I still have mixed feelings.
The PSP could have been a much better choice. I will wait & see though. I mean, dispite the fact that it was more than a bit of a hack job, I still have some good fun blasting through slug 4.....or 5, or hell even 6 for that matter.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
i imagine the ds was chosen (over the psp) because of its popularity?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
i imagine the ds was chosen (over the psp) because of its popularity?

Honestly, going w/ the DS probably won't impact the sales of a series like slug signifigantly. Pretty much all of the properties P has have cult/niche followings. It's in their (& our) best interests to put the games on the platforms that do the titles the most justice. The thought of no load times if very nice to me but I don't need a second screen below telling me where I am in a linear stage of a linear game. The extra proccessing power, graphic & audio capabilities as well as wide screen format would benefir a P title much better if used correctly.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS said:
Honestly, going w/ the DS probably won't impact the sales of a series like slug signifigantly. Pretty much all of the properties P has have cult/niche followings. It's in their (& our) best interests to put the games on the platforms that do the titles the most justice. The thought of no load times if very nice to me but I don't need a second screen below telling me where I am in a linear stage of a linear game. The extra proccessing power, graphic & audio capabilities as well as wide screen format would benefir a P title much better if used correctly.
even though i'm a ds owner, i definitely agree with that.

i always appreciate games more being on a platform that brings out the best in them (gameplay, graphics, overall experience, etc.).

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
even though i'm a ds owner, i definitely agree with that.

Fuck man, I'm a DS owner too. *hugs*
Games like Contra 4 & Puzzle league set my pecker on fire.
But i'm still sayin, PSP & DS are two COMPLETELY different systems & I think many of P's properties, franchises & installments are ideally suited for PSP (if done correctly). I shudder for a LB compilation w/ LB3 in tow on PSP w/ (true) widescreen, minimum load times & arranged soundtrack option.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
There is no 2-player mode I take it.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
As long as Metal Slug 7 doesn't make the enemies and protagonists sweat, then sign me up.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Looks pretty sharp. Hope it turns out ok.

One-Up

Armored Scrum Object
They'd better port this to the PSP. The tiny screens of the DS - gaah!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
One-Up said:
They'd better port this to the PSP. The tiny screens of the DS - gaah!
That would take a lot of work, so I seriously doubt it. My assumption is that they're designing this for the DS resolution and screen aspect. Totally dissimilar hardware. They would have had to develop both simultaneously.

Josh

Banned
enomosiki said:
Release date is set for July 17th, 2008 for Japan. Pricing will be 5,040 yen, or approximately USD$48 at the current exchange rates. CERO rating will be B, which means that it is very likely that the game will be released in the U.S. as T by ESRB.

Thanks for the info! I've been looking forward to this game for awhile now. Seen it first in Nintendo Power go figure. Nice to see a release date.

another game I will never play, good thing it doesn't look so good.

portable gaming sucks.

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
This is the correct answer.

I don't play Neo games on small ass screens. Metal Slug should and always shall be a game that deserves large screen treatment.

Nothing wrong with portable gaming, imo. But I would say that the next Slug should be done on an arcade platform. This should be called Metal Slug DS.

Oh well, combat school should be well suited to playing on the crapper.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
another game I will never play, good thing it doesn't look so good.

portable gaming sucks.

What are you talking about. Portable gaming is great for those long sessions when taking a dump.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
isn't the whole "portable gaming sucks" thing a bit of a waste of time talking about?

The idea isn't that you play a portable game when you are in front of your home system or what ever... it's that you can play on the road or when you are somewhere where there are no other games.

The assumption is always that a home system will be a better overall experience with a nice big TV and good controllers... but that usually doesn't work out well on a bus or the crapper.

Given that this is a portable Metal Slug, I think it looks great, looking forward to it for sure! All that said, this should not be MS7, it should be this game but in it's own Metal Slug Portable series, 7 should be in the arcade and then a home system.