System Custom Modification service available!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Would you be willing sell me an xbox that you would load full of Neo Geo, MAME, NES, SNES, Genesis, and TG-16 roms, with a bigger HD?

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
would a psp chip install be possible? if so how much? I can provide the psp and chip for you

Yes it would be very possible in the future. I am moving right now though and will not be able to perform mods for at least another couple weeks.

Would you be willing sell me an xbox that you would load full of Neo Geo, MAME, NES, SNES, Genesis, and TG-16 roms, with a bigger HD?

No, I do not nor will not include copyrighted roms in any of my mods. Trying to run a legal business here ;)

-Segasonicfan

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
UPDATE: Knocked out one of my last mods, a Mega-Modded Sega Nomad! It was pretty sweet (too bad I couldn't keep it) with a 1-player controller port, 50/60hz mod, JP/US mod, and a dual overclock (10Mhz and 12Mhz) mod!

Also, here's the pics of the consolized MV-1C:
(front)
NGConsole1.jpg

(side)
NGConsole3.jpg

(crazy wiring)
NGConsole6.jpg

-Segasonicfan

X

xBino

segasonicfan said:
UPDATE: Knocked out one of my last mods, a Mega-Modded Sega Nomad! It was pretty sweet (too bad I couldn't keep it) with a 1-player controller port, 50/60hz mod, JP/US mod, and a dual overclock (10Mhz and 12Mhz) mod!

-Segasonicfan

Zach,

You absolutely rock!!! I am absolutely LOVING my Sega Nomad on steroids and I have to say, I am extremely impressed with the results. Where other console modders (OSG, etc.) wouldn't even consider touching the Nomad upon request, Zach went above and beyond on this thing and rose to the challenge.

I haven't read anyone else having modded a Sega Nomad before, so enjoy! The Nomad is and has always been my favorite console. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

List of mods performed:

1) Overclock settings at 2 speeds: Mild OC of 32% @ 10 mhz // Moderate OC of 58% @ 12mhz

Every game I have works well and rock solid stable with little to no noticeable slowdown anymore @ 10mhz (sonic, general chaos, samurai shodown, etc). 12mhz was required to eliminate nasty, heavy, slowdown in games like viewpoint and lightening force. I have to say, I'm going to need to get used to dying a lot more in shooters. :angry: I also have the option to disable overclocking altogether and run at stock speeds of 7.67mhz.

Left switch = ON/OFF // Right switch = 10mhz/12mhz
OCSwitch1.jpg

2) Japan NTSC Lockout Bypass - Press and hold A during bootup of Japanese carts to bypass lockout. Japanese carts just BARELY fit the Nomad's cart slot and doesn't require any filing... whew

Playing Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen
ImportGaming1.jpg

3) 50/60/PAL Lockout Bypass - Press and hold MODE during bootup of PAL carts to bypass lockout.

4) And a first for the Sega Nomad (at least that I'm aware of) Controller 1 port input!!!: Unrestricted use of ANY controller for player 1 (to substitute the onboard gamepad and buttons) - Sega Arcade Power Stick, Sega's flight stick, Sega Mouse, etc!! :buttrock:

Onboard gamepad and buttons automatically disable with the connection of a controller in port 1.

1P1.jpg

Impossible for the Nomad before was 4 player mode with EA titles requiring the use of both controller ports 1 and 2. This is now made possible with the addition of the player 1 input port. 4 player general chaos on the Nomad anyone?

4 Player General Chaos Hooked Up
GCB.jpg

Highlighting 4player option mode
GCA.jpg

5) S-Video Output: Ok this one isn't a mod, but I recently acquired a Mega XMD! S-video for the Nomad is a piece of cake! Zach offered to mod S-video output right into the Nomad, but I wanted to have an S-video solution for my CDX or MD2 as well and this works on both.

Mega XMD
XMD0.jpg

I am soooo stoked! I simply can't believe he was able work in such tight quarters, fit all this in there, and still have room to suggest including built in s-video and all that other stuff on his mod site! Simply unebelievable...

Zach knows his stuff and is an all around very nice guy. Thanks soooo much! I am thrilled with the work you've done!

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Zach modded my stuff and was very polite. When I had a misunderstanding he was totally cool with my goof and hadled things very professionally. Super clean work and very fast, he gave it back to me in less than 5 hours. Don't hesitate to get some work done by this man, he did a CPS2 battery swap and a RGB line out for my PS2 and the results are amazing on the the RGB.

Thanks again man

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
segasonicfan said:

Also, here's the pics of the consolized MV-1C:
(front)
NGConsole1.jpg

(side)
NGConsole3.jpg

(crazy wiring)
NGConsole6.jpg

-Segasonicfan

Just beautiful! How much would this cost?

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
Time to bump up this ancient thread...

That mod (MV-1C or MV-1B) I do for $200-$250 depending on the time and parts and features involved.

I've cut way back on selling mods over the past few months because I've been too busy but I am slowly doing more. I sold another Mega Modded Saturn a couple weeks ago. However, I am swamped with personal modding projects at the moment. I am willing to take on new jobs for people if there is serious interest.

I have also devised a new autofire circuit that I can add to any controller and any non-serial controller based system (such as the Neo Geo and Superguns). I have successfully done a CXA1145->CXA1645 swap as well which is a terrific mod for the AES, Genesis (any model except Nomad and 3), Neo Geo CD, and any other system that uses the CXA1145 or its equivelant. If there is interest I am willing to perform these mods as well. I can also improve the RGB video quality and overclock the CDX now.

SO, I have been busy, just not so much with sales. but if people want some work done I am taking a few mod jobs at the moment ;)

-Segasonicfan

Albert

n00b
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
How does modding a PS2 get it to output VGA? I just read your whole tread. Great work! I'm interested in some of your services.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
How does modding a PS2 get it to output VGA? I just read your whole tread. Great work! I'm interested in some of your services.

The new firmware with the Infinity Green Dot modchips that I install in PS2s support VGA output for most (or at least many) PS2 games. Check the Matrix Infinity website and google for more info ;) It's the best modchip I've ever worked with.

-Segasonicfan

Albert

n00b
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
segasonicfan said:
The new firmware with the Infinity Green Dot modchips that I install in PS2s support VGA output for most (or at least many) PS2 games. Check the Matrix Infinity website and google for more info ;) It's the best modchip I've ever worked with.

-Segasonicfan

So, I guess you still have to buy some sort of expensive VGA adapter.

Epicenter

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would mention for the Sega Saturn modification, that the overclocking is just for the 68000 coprocessor (usually used for audio) and would have little if no effect on actual game performance. It's more just a novelty than anything.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
Albert, if someone really wanted to use the VGA output I would do an additional VGA out mod for the PS2 (just installing the plug really, the mod chip does all the work).

Epicenter, you really shouldn't be here just to bother me more about my Saturn mods. I will no longer be including overclocking as part of the mega-modded saturns I sell. now please mind your own business.

Also to note for people wanting to buy mods, I will be out of town on vacation till January 8th and I will have half a dozen mods when I come back. So I am still taking orders but it will be a little while before I can mod everything. I am just one man against the soldering gods :P

-Segasonicfan

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I'm planning to buy one slim version, either the silver or black one. Can you mod those? If does matters if the system is Jap or US?

Last edited:

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
I'm planning to nuy one slim version, either the silver or black one. Can you mod those? If does matters if the system is Jap or US?

Yeah, I mod slims all the time. The old v12/v13s I don't mod because they break too easily but the newer v14-v16s install perfectly. It doesn't matter if it's JP or US I just need to know when I'm doing the mod because it's slightly different.

-Segasonicfan

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
segasonicfan said:
Yeah, I mod slims all the time. The old v12/v13s I don't mod because they break too easily but the newer v14-v16s install perfectly. It doesn't matter if it's JP or US I just need to know when I'm doing the mod because it's slightly different.

-Segasonicfan

Does the slim its a good choice? Even with the "heating" problems that PS2 version has? Doesn't the heat damage the Mod?

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
Does the slim its a good choice? Even with the "heating" problems that PS2 version has? Doesn't the heat damage the Mod?

I modded my own Slim PS2 along with many others for various people and they work terric. For a little extra I can also do an internal fan mod. If you want to go all the way like worm did I can install an additional cooling fan on top of that for maximum lifespan and performance (see previous page of this thread for pics).

-Segasonicfan

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
I just received a slim PS2 as an early Christmas present from my girlfriend, 77001 model I believe.

If it was modded, what all could it boot besides originals? Could I also boot teh bootleg PS2 games and JP originals? How about backups of PS1 games?

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
broken said:
I just received a slim PS2 as an early Christmas present from my girlfriend, 77001 model I believe.

If it was modded, what all could it boot besides originals? Could I also boot teh bootleg PS2 games and JP originals? How about backups of PS1 games?

Yes it can - visit infinity matrix website to learn more - Zach modded mine (actually 3 of them) and they are unbelievable - they rock and so does his work!

Epicenter

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
segasonicfan said:
Epicenter, you really shouldn't be here just to bother me more about my Saturn mods. I will no longer be including overclocking as part of the mega-modded saturns I sell. now please mind your own business.-Segasonicfan
I've been here before, I didn't sign up just to attack you. There is no need to be paranoid. :) I'm looking out for other buyers' interests. If that doesn't involve minding my own business, you could at least not call it selfish. A little sympathy for uninformed buyers is never something to fault someone for.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Hi Zach,

How does the CDX run overclocked? Do Sega CD games play better as well?

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
I forgot to post to inform people I am out of town for the holidays right now. I have a bunch of new PMs and questions that I cannot answer right now as the Internet connection is expensive here in Puerto Rico. I will reply to everyone as soon as I arrive home January 8th-9th.

-Segasonicfan

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
just got my modded Genesis back. Zach does great work!

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
Finished some Genny mods for Pixeljunkie and Fighter17 and I'm finishing up an ultimate Supergun mod for Eretsua on the shmups forums :) I'll have more time to do mods now so keep 'em coming ;)

-Segasonicfan

G

glstar

Sega CDX Repair or Replace

Hi Segasonicfan.
It's a long time i see your mods on the old school game system.
I have a lot of them,but my beloved CDX doesn't work too well anymore.
Simply it doesn't spin anymore.
With a friend of mine,we've try to open and when open it spin(but it seems to not spin too well),but when you close all the CDX,it seems to have a faulty contact,'cause it work and then it don't work anymore.
I really don't know if the problem could be some chip inside of the console itself or other type of problem.
The only thing i now is that my CDX don't work properly.
I would like to know if you think that this problem is fixable or best thing,if you have a CDX with your beautiful RGB mod already installed on it.
I have also a genesis 3 that would like to do the RGB mod on it,but don't know how to do.

Could you tell me what to do?
If you have a good CDX to sell which work flawlessy and with the RGB mod already on it or if you think that for not much money should be possible to fix mine and installed the RGB mod.
I'll wait for your info.

Many thanks for all.