System Custom Modification service available!

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
I've decided to start doing mods for people to earn some extra cash. I usually do local work but if the buyer covers shipping I am willing to do the following mods:

Playstation 2
-Mod Chip Install (Matrix Infinity Green Dot- the best out there) on slim or old PS2s

XBox
-Mod Chip Install

Dreamcast
-VGA Mod (internal)
-Overclocking (with on/off switch)
-Neo Geo Controller Port

Sega Saturn
-Overclocking (with on/off option)
-Mod Chip Install
-50hz/60hz switch
-PAL/NTSC switch
-JP/US swtich
-NTSC mod (for improved composite quality)
-LED installs/color changes
-Neo Geo Controller Port

Sega Genesis/CDX/Nomad

-Overclocking (with on/off option)
-50hz/60hz switch
-PAL/NTSC mod
-JP/US switch
-S-Video install
-RGB install (Model 3)
-Stereo sound install (model 3 and 1)
-Sound/amp upgrade (greatly increases audio quality for model 1 and most model 2's)
-Headphone output (for any model after 1)
-Neo Geo Controller Port

Neo Geo CD
-JP/US/PAL language mod
-Extension cable
-NTSC mod (for improved composite video quality)
-Power Supply mod (for people lacking PSU's for the NGCD)
-Neo Geo Controller Port

Neo Geo AES
-S-Video Mod
-PAL/NTSC mod
-Extension cable
-Overlocking (works extremely well with the Slugs)

Neo Geo MVS
-System consolization
-RGB->NTSC board install
-Mini-Supergun
-Overclocking (works extremely well with the slugs)

N64
-Import mod
-Neo Geo Controller Port

Game Gear
-FULL TV output (Composite, S-Video, etc.)
-Neo Geo Controller Port

Laseractive

-S-Video mod (works only for LDs :/)

Post here or PM me for any interest and/or prices. I live in the Bay Area (northern CA) for those that want to do business locally and save on shipping.

-Segasonicfan

Last edited:

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Rating - 99.3%
149   1   0
Does that PS2 modchip let me play US, JP, PAL and burned backup games that will boot up without swapping with a boot disc?.

I might get a slim PStwo system in the future and I might send it to you to mod it for me.

I live near the Bay Area.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
It does just about everything imaginable. Here's a list of some features:
* AUTOMATIC SELECTION for PS2/PS1/DVD SUPPORTS. (Just insert any support and the Infinity will play it !!)
* DVD Region Free Incorporated !! ( to play all regions DVD without need of any extra operation.)
* Full 512 Kb Flash Memory on board (Flashable with our future updates and software releases!!)
* Compatible with Playstation 2 USA/PAL/Japanese - V1, V2, V3, V4, V4R, V5, V6, V7, V9, V10-V14
* Jumper less (Automatic Version detection)
* Software selectable "PS2 Quick Load" option. (To skip PS2 logo and Quick boot PS2 Games!!)
* Software selectable "PSX Quick Load" option. (To skip PS1 logo and Quick boot PSX Games!!)
* ACTEL based IC for enhanced stability
* AUTOMATIC "MACROVISION=OFF" ON ALL PS2 FROM V3 TO V10 WITHOUT ADDITIONAL WIRES !! AUTOMATIC "GREEN FIX" (No more need to change the cable to see your DVD movies on the PS2!!)
* Import Games Fix (All PSX import games are played at FULL SCREEN and FULL COLOR !!) STEALTH-Mode (The Modchip can be switched off and becomes invisible to Online Gaming)
* Sleep-Mode (The Modchip will switch off itself after boot) 100% NO SWAP (Direct boot for all the PS2 and PSX games)
* Supports games on DVD-9 media !!
* PLAYS ALL THE CD’S and DVD’S Games (both, Import or Backup’s)
* SUPPORTS MULTI-DISK GAMES !! SUPPORTS ANTI-MOD PS1 GAMES !! (Only for V9 and V10 PS2)
* SUPPORTS DATEL 16MB MEMORY CARDS

so to answer your question, yes it will do all that and much more. It also has new features like force NTSC mode (for PAL games) and VGA output :O

-Segasonicfan

Matarick

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I notice that in your trading site that you do have a spare saturn.

I wonder if it is still true or not? I am thinking about shipping my current Saturn, model 1, so I can finally play Street Fighter Zero 3 on it despite I already ordered Zero Eternal Generations for the PS2.

I wonder what are the rates for a non chiped Saturn mods these days since I live all the way in Pennsylvania but wouldn't mind paying for both ways shipping via Priority Mail.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Rating - 99.3%
149   1   0
segasonicfan said:
It does just about everything imaginable. Here's a list of some features:
* AUTOMATIC SELECTION for PS2/PS1/DVD SUPPORTS. (Just insert any support and the Infinity will play it !!)
* DVD Region Free Incorporated !! ( to play all regions DVD without need of any extra operation.)
* Full 512 Kb Flash Memory on board (Flashable with our future updates and software releases!!)
* Compatible with Playstation 2 USA/PAL/Japanese - V1, V2, V3, V4, V4R, V5, V6, V7, V9, V10-V14
* Jumper less (Automatic Version detection)
* Software selectable "PS2 Quick Load" option. (To skip PS2 logo and Quick boot PS2 Games!!)
* Software selectable "PSX Quick Load" option. (To skip PS1 logo and Quick boot PSX Games!!)
* ACTEL based IC for enhanced stability
* AUTOMATIC "MACROVISION=OFF" ON ALL PS2 FROM V3 TO V10 WITHOUT ADDITIONAL WIRES !! AUTOMATIC "GREEN FIX" (No more need to change the cable to see your DVD movies on the PS2!!)
* Import Games Fix (All PSX import games are played at FULL SCREEN and FULL COLOR !!) STEALTH-Mode (The Modchip can be switched off and becomes invisible to Online Gaming)
* Sleep-Mode (The Modchip will switch off itself after boot) 100% NO SWAP (Direct boot for all the PS2 and PSX games)
* Supports games on DVD-9 media !!
* PLAYS ALL THE CD’S and DVD’S Games (both, Import or Backup’s)
* SUPPORTS MULTI-DISK GAMES !! SUPPORTS ANTI-MOD PS1 GAMES !! (Only for V9 and V10 PS2)
* SUPPORTS DATEL 16MB MEMORY CARDS

so to answer your question, yes it will do all that and much more. It also has new features like force NTSC mode (for PAL games) and VGA output :O

-Segasonicfan

That sounds like a really awesome! PS2 modchip.:drool: :cool:

How do I find out what model my PS2 is because I have the original big PS2 system which is the second model release and not the new slim PStwo model.

Btw: How much are the new slim PStwo system now?.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
How much is your PS2 Mod?

I have a model 1 PS2 with a flip top. (Not that the flip top matters)

mmelzer2004

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm curious, I don't think I'll be able to do it anytime soon but, how much for you to consolize a MV-1FZ? I have one that has been sitting here for almost a year since I bought it on these boards last summer. Lemme know, thanks.

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Do you provide the mod-chips for all of these installs? Or is it a supply your own type deal?

-Bill

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
How do I find out what model my PS2
Do a google search of the model number that's on the sticker on the back.

Btw: How much are the new slim PStwo system now?
$140 new.

I notice that in your trading site that you do have a spare saturn.

Yes, I do have one spare saturn that I can mod and sell. Though I would rather hold onto it, I may mod it and let it go for a good price.

I'm curious, I don't think I'll be able to do it anytime soon but, how much for you to consolize a MV-1FZ?

I wouldn't know for sure until I do the mod and add up my time, but I should be able to do the whole thing with all parts and power supply for under $100.

Do you provide the mod-chips for all of these installs? Or is it a supply your own type deal?

I can do either. The Saturn chips are getting hard to come by but I might be able to find them online again. I get the PS2 chips for $45ish but if you can source the chips for cheaper I have no problem with that. I make no profit off the modchip price ;)

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Would you be able to overclock a dreamcast!? I've been too chicken to do it myself.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Rating - 99.3%
149   1   0
segasonicfan said:
Do a google search of the model number that's on the sticker on the back.

$140 new.

Yes, I do have one spare saturn that I can mod and sell. Though I would rather hold onto it, I may mod it and let it go for a good price.

I wouldn't know for sure until I do the mod and add up my time, but I should be able to do the whole thing with all parts and power supply for under $100.

I can do either. The Saturn chips are getting hard to come by but I might be able to find them online again. I get the PS2 chips for $45ish but if you can source the chips for cheaper I have no problem with that. I make no profit off the modchip price ;)

I saw a brand new slim PStwo for $129.99 on EB Games online and I might order it and then I will send you my original PS2 system to do the modding.

I was trying to trade my Samurai Shodown V with shock box + insert for a couple of Atomiswave loose carts but no one wants to trade though. Well when I get a slim PStwo I might trade my Samurai Shodown V with shock box + insert to get my PS2 modded by you if no one buys my game.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
zapatistab said:
How much is your PS2 Mod?

I have a model 1 PS2 with a flip top. (Not that the flip top matters)

So how much is your PS2 mod, with Mod Chip and labor?

complexs6

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How do you go about consolizing a MVS system can you send some pics of one you have already done and is the job clean looking I am looking to do two if they are done clean enough.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
So how much is your PS2 mod, with Mod Chip and labor?

$75 for old PS2's, $85 for Slim PSTwo's. I'm doing some for people right now and I'm going to clock the time it takes me, so prices may change later on either lower or higher.

can you mod model 1 sega saturns?
Yes, I can mod any model Saturn (minus the HiSaturn and rare Japanese variants of course ;))

How do you go about consolizing a MVS system can you send some pics of one you have already done and is the job clean looking I am looking to do two if they are done clean enough.

I'll have to take some pics later when I finish mine.

-Segasonicfan

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Oh i wanted you to Mod my Hi navi Darn. Jokes btw how much for cubes:chimp:

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
Hey, just thought I'd add I can make Game Gear TV adaptors now! I have to have an older model GG to work with and it's a little time consuming....but for anyone who loves the GG like I do I think it's definitely worth it :) Anyone interested? BTW, I just finished my first mod for someone on this forum, so in a few days you'll all have some direct feedback of my work ;)

-Segasonicfan

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Had my Genesis import and svideo modded from segasonicfan, and just got it back today. He did really good work, the s-video looks amazing! And the region switches were installed in the front of the console, which I thought was a nice touch. I don't have any import carts atm but the switches worked great, played mystic defender with JP switch was quite a bit different. Segasonicfan finished the mods a lot faster than I expected, and promptly answered my ridiculous amount of pms I sent. Plus a really great guy to talk to and deal with. I plan to have some more mods done by him in the future. Thanks!

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
Just finished a PS2 Matrix Infinity Green Dot modchip install for Ironish :buttrock:

I also mod XBox consoles now....:chimp:

-Segasonicfan

dojosky

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 98.6%
70   1   0
Hi there hrmm few questions here ...

Sega Saturn ( I have tons of saturn systems sitting around here so will teh pal switch work 100% with pal games as my brother and i have several pal saturn games so please LMK thanks ! ) and how much ? maybe u can do the work on my modded saturn but i would like to add pal/ntsc switch thanks !
-Mod Chip Install
-50hz/60hz switch
-PAL/NTSC switch
-JP/US swtich

Sega Genesis/CDX/Nomad same here interested in PAL switch and s video or RGB !!!
-50hz/60hz switch
-PAL/NTSC mod
-JP/US switch
-S-Video install
-RGB install (Model 3)

Neo Geo CD how much ?
-Power Supply mod (if you don't have the needed power supply to play, I can make you one) can you make an ac adaptor for the CDZ ? thanks !

Neo Geo MVS PRICES ?
-System consolization
-RGB->NTSC board install

Laseractive how much ?? and do u have experience in that area ?? cuz i have 3 or 4 laser active systems but i wouldn't want it to be damaged in any ways so please let me know details thanks !
-S-Video mod
-RGB out mod

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
Rating - 99.3%
149   1   0
segasonicfan said:
Just finished a PS2 Matrix Infinity Green Dot modchip install for Ironish :buttrock:

I also mod XBox consoles now....:chimp:

-Segasonicfan

Any feedback on the PS2 modding?. I will send mine to you for modding real soon.:D :cool: