Zupapa VS Nightmare in the dark

Arcadecrazy

New Challenger
So the kids and I decided to put both of these games in the 4 slot the other day to see which one we liked more. We started with zupapa the characters were playful and the gameplay ramps up quite quickly the kids enjoyed the cartoon like enemies and bosses. They picked up on what to do quickly. After a bit we switched to Nightmare in the dark obviously similar in game play but with a creepy Halloween type feel to the game. I did notice it seemed to slow at times but over all a fairly smooth game. The kids were split on this one the older one preferred NITD due to the darker scary characters but the younger one preferred the cartoony feel of zupapa. Myself I Prefer nightmare.
How does everyone else feel about these two games in comparison?

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
They are both great but I prefer the art style of Nightmare in the Dark.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?263973-Zupapa!-gt-NITD

we done this not long ago. and as a result of that thread, i played a lot of zupapa and now have changed my mind about which one i like better. although nightmare has the better visuals and soundtrack, i find zupapa to be more fun and playable and have better controls.

Good to know that this thread wasn't a glitch in the matrix as it sure gave me deja vu.

Everything bogard said, though.

Arcadecrazy

New Challenger
Good to know that this thread wasn't a glitch in the matrix as it sure gave me deja vu.

Everything bogard said, though.

Sorry bout that just thought it was a neat comparison and the kids enjoyed doing it. Should have dug a little deeper before I posted.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I thought the same thing but wasn't sure if I dreamt it or happen long ago but now that I recall it hasn't been a moth since we talked about it. I'll say the same thing I said before, if you enjoy one screen platformers you gotta have both, they are both awesome and have their differences that makes them both worth owning. Also, these talks need more Bang Bang Busters/ Bang2 Busters, the game is just a awesome as the other 2. Do not drop one in favor of the other, each game offers something unique.