Ys I + II on the DS????

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
There is no apostrophe in Ys.

And you're welcome.

(I translated those games. Nightwolve hacked them.)

if you are for real, then you are owed a BIG thanks! I know there is some bitterness with Nightwolve and the "community's" appreciation of these translations not turning into dollar signs but rather more demands. I will say I am most thankful for the PC Engine Ys IV translation, I appreciate that the most and want to say thanks.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
It's even more awesome when folks pronounce it as "whys".

Don't make me hurt you.

if you are for real, then you are owed a BIG thanks! I know there is some bitterness with Nightwolve and the "community's" appreciation of these translations not turning into dollar signs but rather more demands. I will say I am most thankful for the PC Engine Ys IV translation, I appreciate that the most and want to say thanks.

For that, you are welcome. That whole fiasco surrounding the Oath in Felghana patch caused quite the shitstorm. And while NW and I agree on virtually nothing but our mutual love of the Ys series (he's a Greek-born Catholic neo-Conservative, while I'm a German Jewish-born Atheist liberal/libertarian... and that's just for starters), I can't say I blame him for being disillusioned and upset by the leak. He trusted that the donators would keep the beta to themselves while we worked on finishing up the patch, which was his mistake. He made that decision on his own, and had I been consulted, I would have advised him to do otherwise. Trusting a general group of unknowns with a secret is never wise unless there is a binding legal contract (one of the reasons I didn't care for Spider-Man 2 all that much... the end of the train scene was one of the most idiotic moments in all of cinematic history).

But in the end, he extended his trust to someone who did not deserve it, and when it was violated, he lost most of his will to work further. The final will be done when it's done, but right now, it's not a priority for either of us. I have a family to look after, and in the meantime, I'm working on SSRPG. He's doing manual labor, renovating his home and tending to familial issues of an entirely different sort, having to fly back and forth to Greece, of all things. We don't talk all that often, lately.

Anyway, I'm rambling. It's mid-afternoon, I'm cranky as hell, and I have yet to eat today. I have matters to attend to.