Your scariest movie villians?!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
villians is such a faggot word, like we're still watching Adam West play Batman...

But, who do you guys consider to be your most feared and vile of movie anti-heroes (yeah, shoulda put that in the thread title)?

Freddy is an easy one, but for me lately, it's Candyman!

Candyman is pure Clive Barker evil - a brooding snatcher living in your walls and your dreams. It's very similar to Freddy, who I also think is one of the best characters ever written (RIP Craven), but there is something deeper and more foreboding with Candyman, he's Voodoo, staunch, God-head!

"You were not content of the stories, so I was obliged to come.

Be my victim, Be my Victim!

I am the writing, on the wall, the whisper, in the classroom. Without these things, I am nothing, so now I must shed, innocent blood.

Come with me....

{shitclip}

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hannibal Lecter.

People like that actually exist.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I saw this from the main forums page and thought rot made this thread.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I haven't seen Candyman in too long, I need to rewatch it soon.

An obvious one but I'd have to go with Pinhead from Hellraiser. So emotionless, you couldn't reason with him, and it's not like you can hide either, the Cenobites would always find you.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Also, Rutger Hauer in The Hitcher. That guy is fucking terrifying...

hey-kid-the-hitcher-1986-15077289-500-253.jpg

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
tumblr_mff68qDKtm1qboclpo3_r1_500_zpseilufxf1.gif

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
off the top of my head ,i'm going to say aliens. most may be desensitised to this by now,but i always thought aliens were terrifying. i would rather be trapped in a closed space with michael myers then one of these abominations.

alien.jpg

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Holy fuck this guy creeped me out. Worse than Candyman or Hannibal.

I always actually liked Hannibal because he only ate the bad (worse?) people. Candyman always scared me because bees.

But Anton? Fuuuuck that due creeps me out. First of all Javier's voice, that shitty haircut, and the way he gambles over people's lives. Plus, the dude is like an apex predator, he WILL hunt you down.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Scared the shit out of me as a kid:
photo.jpg

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Kayako from the japanese ju-on films was a pretty unnerving sight, especially coming down the stairs in the first film with her limbs all messed up.
Also got to mention sadako from the first ring film, part where she come's out the tv set and chase's the poor fucker round his living room very nasty.
Honourable mention to the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang i was terrified of him when i saw the film as a kid.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The troubled mind of the horrifyingly abused heroine in Repulsion, Carol Ledoux.

Mirror%u00252BMan.jpg

The Hill House in The Haunting.

The%u00252BHaunting_3a.JPG

And Ratan (to the right) in Schrader's Hardcore.

MVA09347_grande.jpeg

There are quite a few... but the most abominable is probably Noah Cross in Chinatown. Huston has certainly outdone himself with this portrayal.

chinatown_preview.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Linda Blair, god I was so scared of the Exorcist when I was a kid. Seen it when I was about 7 had nightmares for many years still won't watch it til this day. Fuck that movie lol.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Scariest? The monsters and killers in horror movies generally aren't very scary in and of themselves. The fear comes from a good atmospheric soundtrack and the tension of waiting for them to pop out. When they're actually on-screen for any lengthy period of time, they lose what makes them frightening. It's why Freddy became such a joke. He went from being barely in the first Elm Street to being a pop culture icon and one-liner machine.

Hannibal Lecter's a good choice. Calm intensity belies a cold, remorseless killer. Once again, ended up with too much of him in subsequent movies and TV shows to the point that he's just another pop culture meme.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Hannibal Lecter's a good choice. Calm intensity belies a cold, remorseless killer.

I agree with Lecter.

The part I bolded reminds me that a number of members here knew/hung out with someone who fits that description.