Your highest scores for Metal slug 1 stage 1 only

Gemant

Member,
in the photo zone.... is possible hit about 30/40 enemies (1000 pont for each) at the exatly distance... (depending from bombs item in your possession)

with this tecnique is possible increase 40.000 points in that zone...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I think I get you now, you just have to make sure you are far away enough for the trajectory of the cannon to land on them .. or something.

I think I could do that, I'm ok with the cannons and judging trajectory.

blablABLA

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Okay i must be doing something wrong. I beat Mission 1 but got a sad 73,010 score. I tried again am getting similar scores. 10 hostages in mission 1 you say? Hmm are any secret? i think i must be missing some. I knife everyone that i can but must i wait around for grunts to appear? Is this the key to getting a higher score?

I now understand what Gemant was saying about the cannon and 1000 points. I'll have to try that.

What do you guys do on the boss to gain points, do you screw around and wait for gruunts to appear?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
before you get to the boss, shoot straight UP at the two waterfalls, after you've killed the three tanks, hostages will fall.

as for the boss, I don't tend to use the cannon or bombs, unless I'm in a pickle, I just carefully shoot with the vulcan.

Now, I'm going back in a minute to break 200K. woot.

Gemant

Member,
kernow said:
I think I get you now, you just have to make sure you are far away enough for the trajectory of the cannon to land on them .. or something.

I think I could do that, I'm ok with the cannons and judging trajectory.

blablABLA

for the secret technique, you must hit (remaining in the position of the photo) only the enemies that appear on the land....

for other enemies is necessary normal shot with slug vehicle

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
We need to get all this could info on a website. More MS websites are needed...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yes, yes they are,

apart from the pathetic website in my sig, which badly needs revamping and expanding, I don't see many with secrets listed.

maybe apart from gamefaqs, christ I need webspace.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
178,800! W00t!!!!

After you defeat the 3 tanks and get the secret hostages (thanks for pointing that out kern) dont go forward to fight the boss and more grunts come out. From here i noticed you can do the 1000 point cannon trick again. I was having difficulty doing it where Gemant showed how to do it, but i was able to get it down here. I'll have to try it again.

Is this 1000 point cannon trick in every slug game?

kernow said:
yes, yes they are,

apart from the pathetic website in my sig, which badly needs revamping and expanding, I don't see many with secrets listed.

maybe apart from gamefaqs, christ I need webspace.

Nah the site in your sig is great. It showed me many secrets i didn't know about. Have you checked out Neo Bomber Man's Metal SLug 2 secret guide? Its great and you can find it in the Slug 2 highscore thread. We need more guides like this with pictures.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
*runs home before he gets knocked off the top spot*

Lagduf said:
I don't understand what you're getting at right here. Can someone elaborate?

And yes we really need a high score database. Something with high scores and perhaps high scores for the first levels of certain games.

that is sooo hard :eek:

I've just had a go and none of my cannons got the 1000 point bonus...

man i need to go to metal slug summer camp in Italy ;)

I can't believe that out of a forum of 7000 supposed sNK freaks only one has come forward with a pivotal gameplay element to the companies most popular series- so full respect gemant

Gemant

Member,
for metal slug 1, game faqs is insufficient.

on game faqs all 105 hidden hostages are not known....

and miss many techniques about the hi-score....

exist a secret during boss...

the perfect strategy.....

we must wait during boss... at time 45, 41, 36 appear 1 soldier, you must kill you with knife. total 300 x 3 = 900 points.

after this,

the boss have a 220 hits resistence.....

you can shot 219 hits (219*100 pts = 21900 points), but for the last hit use the cannon....

last hit normal shot = 100 pts

last hit with cannon = 1100pts + 100 pts = total 1200!!

(1100 bonus extra points)

is possible use this secret with each big enemy

Gemant said:
for metal slug 1, game faqs is insufficient.

on game faqs all 105 hidden hostages are not known....

and miss many techniques about the hi-score....

exist a secret during boss...

the perfect strategy.....

we must wait during boss... at time 45, 41, 36 appear 1 soldier, you must kill you with knife. total 300 x 3 = 900 points.

after this,

the boss have a 220 hits resistence.....

you can shot 219 hits (219*100 pts = 21900 points), but for the last hit use the cannon....

last hit normal shot = 100 pts

last hit with cannon = 1100pts + 100 pts = total 1200!!

(1100 bonus extra points)

is possible use this secret with each big enemy

oh. my. god. You are a slug encyclopedia

Gemant

Member,
because I play with slug 1 for 1550/1600 hours (1996~1999)

unfortunately, after all these hours, the game has stew to me...

but after 4 years I remember all hi-score secrets

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I just got 184,280 points on Mission 1 and i can definitely get more. I messed up and hit the Explosive barrel to early.

I definitely think with a few more plays i can get 200,00+

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Tried first level without gemant 's technique

got 187160

tomorrow i ll try with his technique,i hope to break the 200

just hit 193, 330

ok- I'll keep updating thetable on the front page: from now on its just your highest score that goes on,

goz

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Way to go! I'm gonna work on Slug 2 tommorrow then try to get 200K on Misson one later in the week. I think i can do it but waiting around for enemies to appear to knife isnt my idea of fun.

Edit: w00t check out my new rank: "enemy chaser." Awesome.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Way to go! I'm gonna work on Slug 2 tommorrow then try to get 200K on Misson one later in the week. I think i can do it but waiting around for enemies to appear to knife isnt my idea of fun.

Edit: w00t check out my new rank: "enemy chaser." Awesome.

Nice although I still liked my permanenent custom rank of PFC Metal S. Lugnut, I do think this rank system is more fun. Although lately it seems my posting has been fighting my decreasing post count :/

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Nice although I still liked my permanenent custom rank of PFC Metal S. Lugnut, I do think this rank system is more fun. Although lately it seems my posting has been fighting my decreasing post count :/

Yeah i wanted a MS custom rank when we were on UBB. Hint mods? Hint? Some ms custom ranks for all MS nuts...