Your favorite superhero movie (poll included, wait a second)

Favorite superhero movie? Choose wrong and be mocked relentlessly.

• Batman Begins

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • The Dark Knight

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman (Keaton)

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Batman Returns

• Batman (Kilmer, whatever the hell it was called)

• Batman and Robin (Clooney, you know, with the nipples)

• X-Men

• X-2

• X-Men: The Last Stand (aka the one where Ratner shits on everyone's face)

• X-Men: First Class

• X-Men: Days of Future Past

• X-Men Origins: Wolverine

• The Wolverine

• Spiderman (Macguire)

• Spiderman 2

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Spiderman 3

• Amazing Spiderman

• Amazing Spiderman 2

• The Avengers

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Hulk (Bana)

• The Incredible Hulk (Norton)

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier

• Thor

• Thor: The Dark World

• Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Blade

• Blade 2

• Blade Trinity

• The Punisher (Lundgren)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • The Punisher (Jane)

• The Punisher: Warzone (that guy from Rome on HBO)

• Superman (one of the Reeve ones, whatever)

• Superman Returns (Routh)

• Man of Steel

• Fantastic Four

• Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer

• Catwoman (muffled laughter)

• The Green Hornet

• The Green Lantern

• Barbarella

• Watchmen

• Iron Man

• Iron Man 2

• Iron Man 3

• Something else

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I said superhero movie, not comic movie, thus that's why there's no Scott Pilgrim, no The Losers, no Heavy Metal, Wanted, etc. Had to draw the line somewhere. Pick ONE. I thought of [edit: more, I can't count] (counted all of Christopher Reeve's Superman movies as one, since they're all the same and you're weird if you pick that, anyway).

I still obviously missed stuff. Vote other if you want to vote for that, and that'll count as write-in for that specifically.

Certain answers are clearly wrong. Thank you and good night.

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Everybody knows the Tim Burton Batman was the best. Also this poll fails due to lack of Dredd

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
You left off Ghost Rider, Elektra and Daredevil!

For me, The Dark Knight. It hit all the right buttons, plus Maggie Gyllenhaal :drool:

Could Unbreakable count? I did think that one deserves a little more praise. What about The Incredibles?

Watchmen was very good, but missed just a little bit to be great.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Is Dredd really a superhero? Or is he just a comic book character?

Anyway, for me it's Winter Soldier.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The recent Batman trilogy is far superior to any of the others on the list, IMO.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dolph Lungdren Punisher was awesome.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
blankman-16.png

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
voted something else.

Darkman.
This is a legitimate vote- my bad indeed, good choice.
You left off Ghost Rider, Elektra and Daredevil!

For me, The Dark Knight. It hit all the right buttons, plus Maggie Gyllenhaal :drool:

Could Unbreakable count? I did think that one deserves a little more praise. What about The Incredibles?

Watchmen was very good, but missed just a little bit to be great.
Fuck me, I did leave all three of those off! And there are actually two Ghost Riders! I knew there was one other female-centric besides Catwoman, I even have the BD and really didn't mind it. Overall Elektra's not all that great, but it's not terrible. And damn, I actually really like Daredevil, especially the Director's Cut. Colin Farrell makes the movie.

I was sort of going by "superheroes based on comics" as my rule, thus no Super (Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, is insane), but I suppose it's kind of hard to say that Unbreakable isn't a superhero movie. And it is pretty damn good. So sure why the hell not, write-in away.
The Green Hornet is on the list
I see what you did there, good point.

I also realized that I left off Jonah Hex (Brolin)- anyone votes for that you get automatic, I dunno, locked in warroom with Tastuke or something, though.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
This is a legitimate vote- my bad indeed, good choice.

well, it's way out there, and not really thought of as a super hero flick, so I wouldn't expect it to make it to the poll. I voted for it because I can't tell you how many times I've watched it, far more than any other comic book/or super hero film. Has alot of Sam Raimi charm to it too.

If I had to go current, I'd pick Man of Steel, I thought they did a great job with that one.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
As far as live action goes, Batman (1966). Adam West, Frank Gorshin, Burgess Meredith, Lee Meriweather, and fucking Caesar Romero. Such a god damn hilarious movie, and it doesn't pussy out on the camp. When you make a campy film you have to do it all the way or it doesn't work, and they did.

Overall, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm easily blows any film on the list out of the water. As do Under the Red Hood, Justice League: Doom, Flashpoint Paradox, and The Dark Knight Returns. I consider Phantasm the definitive piece of the definitive take on the character (that being Batman: The Animated Series, of course). But those are all animated, and I assume outside the scope of this topic.

Also, Nolan's Batman movies are pretentious trash and I can't stand them. Terrible camera work, terrible fight scenes, Cookie Monster Batman voice, Batman is a shitty detective, hamfisted social commentary, the villains ALL consistently outshine Batman, tons of continuity errors, and the fucking characters have their narrative purposes ANNOUNCED directly to the audience. It's wannabe arthouse pretentious shit, just like Inception. Nolan is a hack and I hate him.

Batman Returns, Forever, & Robin suck too.

I like pretty much all the Marvel Cinematic Universe films, as well as Batman (1989), Spiderman (Raimi; 2 and 3 suck balls though), Swamp Thing (Wes Craven version), X-Men, X2 (never seen any after X3 but I hear good things about them), Superman (the first Reeve one only), the Blade films, and the Jane Punisher.

Man of Steel was okayish and I don't hate Amazing Spider-Man (so much squandered potential, though...), everything else on the list blows.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb.

batman-bomb.gif

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Also, Nolan's Batman movies are pretentious trash and I can't stand them. Terrible camera work, terrible fight scenes, Cookie Monster Batman voice, Batman is a shitty detective, hamfisted social commentary, the villains ALL consistently outshine Batman, tons of continuity errors, and the fucking characters have their narrative purposes ANNOUNCED directly to the audience. It's wannabe arthouse pretentious shit, just like Inception. Nolan is a hack and I hate him.

I voted for Tim Burton's Batman, but what the fuck? Hating on stuff just because it's popular is pretty pretentious as well. There's no way you could have this much genuine hatred of these movies.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I didn't really hate the Nolan's Batman films, but I could easily go the rest of my life without ever wanting to see them again.

Sorry, they weren't that great. Maybe by Superhero movie standards they could be considered extraordinary... but c'mon we're talking Superhero movies...

Ledger as The Joker was unintentionally laughable. Call me hipster.

Last edited:

TheBigBB

I didn't really hate the Nolan's Batman films, but I could easily go the rest of my life without ever wanting to see them again.

Sorry, they weren't that great. Maybe by Superhero movie standards they could be considered extraordinary... but c'mon we're talking Superhero movies...

Ledger as The Joker was unintentionally laughable. Call me hipster.

I don't even disagree with you or famicommander on the points of contention against Nolan's Batman films. I just wouldn't go off calling them trash. They are a little overdone in some ways. They are maybe slightly pretentious. In the grand scheme of Hollywood movies, they do a lot of things much better than average, though. I also think Inception is Nolan's best film and not really facing any of the same problems as his Batman films. Of course, opinions are opinions, it just doesn't seem like someone should be that pissed about his films.

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Watched a lot of Jane's The Punisher on an oh-god-why? bender marathon, and ended up
a big Punisher fan, but man that movie is good despite MASSIVE problems. Watch it with the director's commentary if you wish to weep. Showed it to a friend once with my crazed enthusiasm at the time, and at least 2/3 of the way through it he asked "When does the Punisher start punishing?". Damned good question.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I voted for Tim Burton's Batman, but what the fuck? Hating on stuff just because it's popular is pretty pretentious as well. There's no way you could have this much genuine hatred of these movies.
Where did I say anything at all about its popularity?

I take a film as seriously as it presents itself to me. Nolan's films take themselves very seriously, and as such it is much more difficult to excuse plot holes, bad social commentary, continuity errors, and symbolism they bash you over the head with to the point that it's no longer symbolism. Nolan's films do all of those and they are are reasons I consider them mediocre to bad movies in general.

But what's even worse is that they're bad BATMAN movies. Batman fucking kills people in TDK (also appears to in Burton's first), he's a shitty detective, he's not a convincing fighter (seriously, the fucking CW's Arrow has better fight choreography... and it's on the fucking CW), his voice is laughable, his backstory is fucked up to all hell, Gotham is generic as fuck, the Batmobile looks like shit...

If Heath Ledger hadn't died when he did, the reception for the Dark Knight would have been much, much more subdued. As far as I'm concerned Batman Begins is the only one of the three that wasn't awful, and even it wasn't good.

TheBigBB

Where did I say anything at all about its popularity?

There no other explanation as to why you'd make such a rant about these movies when you're looking at every superhero movie, including Catwoman and the Clooney Batman movies. You single these movies out for a reason. Is it not popularity? What serious Batman movies are good, in your mind? Any?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Crow so voted something else.