You must buy ps2 svc chaos at sega direct (shinkiro poster inside)

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
well the 2nd is classic style I prefer the newer style of the 1st one. Still both are definately wall worthy

Rodi

Crossed Swords Squire
I've never seen Hiroaki's works before...

He good?

Anyone got any pics or links?

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Shinkiro was great circa 1995-1996, but by 1999-2000 it was getting stale. The only thing I miss about him was he represented the old SNK. Falcoon represents the new SNK, which is fine. It's a nicer change of direction.

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
I dunno... I like Shinkirou's work better. Yeah, there's this crazy action camera angle going on in Falcoon's, but Shinkirou's mug shots represent the game more accurately, to me. It's about a wide selection from a legacy of fighting games... legends to nerds everywhere. Shinkirou captures that, Falcoon just captures more action.

Falcoon's looks like something for CVS2, with its cartoony look. I think Shinkirou's style has always worked along with SNK's sprite work. Falcoon is really VERY talented, to be sure, but there's just a complete style mismatch.

And as far as Shinkirou slipping, I'd say he's actually improved... after KOF98, I'd agree, and say he was slipping. But this new stuff is pretty impressive... there seems to be more of a gap between male and female characters (always a problem with Shinkirou), and compositionally, it balances out nicely. Plus it's colorful... the stuff circa KOF'99 and 2000 was starting to have that "color cast" effect that just doesn't look good in fighting game art, to me.

So... I vote Shinkirou. But Falcoon's is really nice. They're both great posters, but I really wish Shinkirou's had been the cover art.

- Ven

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
i would prefer the 2nd one for my wall for reasons why most of you that picked Shinkirou's poster stated, and also that it has more characters that i like than Falcoon's poster, namely Mr. Karate, Gouki, Ryu...

oh, and i am glad to see the real rivals of SVC getting some display (Serious Mr. Karate, Shin Gouki).

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rodi said:
I've never seen Hiroaki's works before...

He good?

Anyone got any pics or links?

Have you seen the wonderful in-game art of KOF2000? The majestic master piece that is the art in that game? Hiroaki's doing.

And to prove that he can draw in lots of different styles, he also did KOFEX2 and KOF2002 (not the winposes, those were done by Nona).

ni-ten

War Room Troll
I'd like to see Shinkiro return to do aes covers once again,just for the good old times.

Rodi

Crossed Swords Squire
Moriya said:
Have you seen the wonderful in-game art of KOF2000? The majestic master piece that is the art in that game? Hiroaki's doing.

And to prove that he can draw in lots of different styles, he also did KOFEX2 and KOF2002 (not the winposes, those were done by Nona).
O.O!

I loved those character selection poses in KOF2000!
Whip looked wicked in that one!
So do other characters! :D

KOFex2? those character team artworks?
If so, lovely! especially the Ikari Team ^^

KOF2002? Erm, the character team artworks too? I thought Nona did those? o_O

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Hmm. I like both, but I really am liking SNK's new artists. One thing I notice more that the old artist almost never touches upon is perspective. Falcoon rules with Perspective/Angled shots. Shin's style has that realistic tone to it, but for some reason, it looks like all of those pics in his poster I've seen drawn before. It almost seems somewhat cut-n-paste. Shin rules with shading, no doubt, but he's at his best when everything is er. perfect with a character; but when it comes down to pyrotechnics, dirty (worn) depictions, and perspective shots, I think people like Falcoon, or Hiroaki have bested him. Another thing the new guys can do well is Hair. Still love the cover images from KOF 2000-2002. The only one that still needs to grow on me a little is Nona, though he has done some nifty character depictions from time to time.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Moriya said:
Falcoon vs. Shinkiro:

Movement > Stiffness
Personality > Everyone looking the same
Good Art < Excelent Art

So, even though Shinkiro draws better, Falcoon wins the round. I've never been a Shinkiro fan, and I've always liked Falcoon's work. Although, IMHO, Hiroaki is still > both of them...

Yep! :D

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Let Capcom have Shinkiro. With the possible exception of some of the SS64 character art, his work has always been horrible. He can't do faces, every one of his non-Franco, non-Krauser characters looks like the same androgynous man. Also, his characters are usually posed really awkwardly, like they're very uncomfortable to even be in the picture--he's improved a bit at this over the years, but too little and too late.

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
Yeah, Kitasenri's art is nothing short of incredible. I don't even know what she looks like, but if she ever wants pity sex for having awesome art, I got the hookup :D

Never seen a picture of her, though. She's probably 80 or something. O_O

I'd love to see a Shinkirou/Kitasenri combo poster. I'd pay $50 for that.

- Ven

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rodi said:
KOF2002? Erm, the character team artworks too? I thought Nona did those? o_O

Nona did the character artwork. As for in-game art, Nona did the winning screen pics. Hiroaki did the rest of the in-game stuff (intro, character select screen portraits, lifebar portraits).

rohman

n00b
Shinkiro... why???

The Shinkirou poster wins my vote!! :buttrock: :multi_co: ;)
Anyways, he's the old man around snk's character design and posters.
He WOULD know better of the REAL faces of snk characters..
But is seems that he lacks the ACTION ANGLE which is much important
for fighting games, but it DOESN'T mean he couldn't do it. check this!:
http://man3k.tripod.com/id24.html

well.. Falcoon's art is okay i suppose and with his drawing for future
development of kof, i won't be worried. He proves it in:
SVC CHAOS but not in kof 03 (this one's looks a little worse)
They should have let him start working from the kof 01 beginning...
Nona's artwork is horrible, kof 01's a good "BIG TIME"
I hope he improves...

I really missed Shinkirou, why didn't snkplaymore HIRE him back instead?
man! that's arguable for "Old school snk fans". Duh.. he's now at Capcom
for a living.. can't blame 'em.

And remember that we still have hiroaki, the 2nd main man of the art!!
He's kinda like Shinkirou junior, shinkirou usually comments on his work..
The best part is he has the ACTION ANGLE, think of it.. shinkirou's real
art+action angle= WOW!!!

On the whole my rate for them is..
Shinkirou-1st :D
Hiroaki -2nd :glee:
Falcoon -3rd :tickled:

It's still a good change, that is if they improve... man3k

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
I would like both, man.

I like Falcoon's stuff, but I've always been a bigger Shinkiro fan.