you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hello from Manchester, uk! Got an aes and 15ish carts, really been enjoying reading this forum. Learnt loads especially from the 10001 things you don't know about neo geo.

Quite fancy a neogeox despite the reviews too!

Manchester eh?... I live there... **waves....

xROTx

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Welcome, your not going to last long with a name like "2incher".

Prepare for dick pic requests.

cyd

New Challenger
Hear that? that's a forum account so new it squeaks... Been lurking the board for a while, finely got hold of a MVS-4-25 so i figured I should man up and say HI!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hear that? Leaves whistling in the wind "no one cares"...

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hey guys, decided to join this wonderful community finally! I'm from New Jersey and I collect NGPC and NGCD games. Having a great time reading the site, especially the Real Doll Fund thread.

karablaxos

n00b
hi guys just found this forum can please help me find the name of this track its starts a around 24:00
also if you know any other music like this i be apriciate it.

TatuPreb

n00b
Hello, I joined this forum to ask about a console I picked up. I was planning on selling it then realized that the serial number is 000098. With it being so low I have no idea what to ask for it. I am a member over at Nintendoage and figured I might get a better answer here. Its a Max 330 console.

Madbees

New Challenger
Hello, I joined this forum to ask about a console I picked up. I was planning on selling it then realized that the serial number is 000098. With it being so low I have no idea what to ask for it. I am a member over at Nintendoage and figured I might get a better answer here. Its a Max 330 console.

$50 shipped?

All joking aside lower serial numbers are desired with the Neo Geo AES, but with a controller and all wires I'd say $200 is about what it should be.

Someone more veteran will likely give you a more accurate amount in the near future.

TatuPreb

n00b
I seen where it looks like they normally sell between 125-200$ with a normal serial number. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me also. This will be for sell. Also idk if this is a common thing with the consoles but it plays the games perfectly with the only issue being that the screen kinda shakes up and down a little. I didn't if it is the console or maybe the r/f cord. This is the fist Neo Geo I've had so I have nothing to compare it to.

xsq

I seen where it looks like they normally sell between 125-200$ with a normal serial number.
I don't see why low serial systems should be more valuable, aside from collecting issues. Technically what matters is the board revision your console is sporting, which determines the video and audio quality to some extend, but all consoles can be modded to have the same quality. You should also note that the low serial numbers have thinner plastic on the casing, meaning they crack easier. $200 with controller/hook-ups sounds fair...

//EDIT: To check what board revision you have you can look through the cart flaps. Find a tutorial here. (should be 3-1 with such a low serial number. Needs 100uf caps replaced with 470uf value for best RGB output)

Also idk if this is a common thing with the consoles but it plays the games perfectly with the only issue being that the screen kinda shakes up and down a little.
Sounds like a vertical sync issue to me (vhold), so there might be something wrong with your display or the cable.

Last edited:

TatuPreb

n00b
I don't see why low serial systems should be more valuable, aside from collecting issues. Technically what matters is the board revision your console is sporting, which determines the video and audio quality to some extend, but all consoles can be modded to have the same quality. You should also note that the low serial numbers have thinner plastic on the casing, meaning they crack easier. $200 with controller/hook-ups sounds fair...

//EDIT: To check what board revision you have you can look through the cart flaps. Find a tutorial here. (should be 3-1 with such a low serial number. Needs 100uf caps replaced with 470uf value for best RGB output)

Sounds like a vertical sync issue to me (vhold), so there might be something wrong with your display or the cable.

The board doesn't have any 3- Number. The guide said if its a dark green board than its 1st gen. Which is what I believe I have.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
hey tatu, do u have an email address i can message you at? im looking for a neo geo console currently. you cant receive PM's yet due to being such a new account. actually just email me at losttribe1975 at gmail dot com (obviously not written out that way)

fanatic_j

n00b
Well, I took the plunge this holiday weekend and picked up a Neo Geo MVS 4-slot. It came with Bust A Move, AOF 3, Football Frenzy and Metal Slug X. The cab is in decent condition, though really dusty. However, everything works and I'm super excited to get my hands on Magician Lord and Super Baseball 2020.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Well, I took the plunge this holiday weekend and picked up a Neo Geo MVS 4-slot. It came with Bust A Move, AOF 3, Football Frenzy and Metal Slug X. The cab is in decent condition, though really dusty. However, everything works and I'm super excited to get my hands on Magician Lord and Super Baseball 2020.

Welcome. How you going to join last year and just now post? LOL

TatuPreb

n00b
Can anyone clue me in on what's going on with my console? The picture is sharp and clean with no static or bars but it bounces a little. I'm using a flat screen hd tv.

xsq

Can anyone clue me in on what's going on with my console? The picture is sharp and clean with no static or bars but it bounces a little. I'm using a flat screen hd tv.
I'd guess you're experiencing a problem with sync... what signal are you using - RGB, Component, S-Video, Composite?
Just as a general remark: A lot of the flat screens are bad at upscaling the image, an external scaler might do wonders... are you connecting other non current gen consoles to your display and if so, how does that work out for you?

TatuPreb

n00b
I'd guess you're experiencing a problem with sync... what signal are you using - RGB, Component, S-Video, CompoAlsosite?
t as a general remark: A lot of the flat screens are bad at upscaling the image, an external scaler might do wonders... are you connecting other non current gen consoles to your display and if so, how does that work out for you?

I'm using the cord that has the in/out for cable connections. I am using a 12"piece of cable to connect from the cord to the tv. The tv is actually on my Wii Kiosk that was from gamestop. It's the original that came with the kiosk.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Tatu: youre using the lowest possible quality hookup for your system. its rf video. people on this forum dont even use rf or composite or basically anything less than pure RGB to even connect there NES consoles. its gonna look like crap. the HD TV likely does not like the connection and is having an issue stabilizing it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Tatu: youre using the lowest possible quality hookup for your system. its rf video. people on this forum dont even use rf or composite or basically anything less than pure RGB to even connect there NES consoles.

Speak for yourself, champ.

xsq

I'm using the cord that has the in/out for cable connections. I am using a 12"piece of cable to connect from the cord to the tv. The tv is actually on my Wii Kiosk that was from gamestop. It's the original that came with the kiosk.
Well, as max 330 said, RF looks pretty bad, if the Screen in the Kiosk allows for a different signal, you should definatley use that. Do you have another screen to test your Neo Geo console with? Do you use other consoles on the Kiosk?