Yet another Monitor Question!

mog

Bead Banger
I've been in the process of looking for a cab, and I finally found one. The problem is that the monitor is all buggered up. It looks like the electrolytic capacitors are dying, but I'm not really experienced enough with MVS to know. Basically the picture is really, really dark. Also there's a problem with the red bleeding quite a bit. Some colours leave weird shadows of themselves too. Most notably the SNK leaves a trail as it moves that disappears, and the white in some characters' clothes leaves shadows adjacent to them. What's the dilly? Is it the caps or is the whole thing going?

Flavor

Saver,
I can't say for sure, but that sounds like a monitor that I had. I bought one of <a href="http://www.dameon.net/BBBB/caps.html" target="_blank">Bob Robert's Cap Kits</a> and it worked rather well.

If you're good with the solder iron, it shouldn't be too tough. Bob Roberts also sells a solder sucker. I'd recommend that. It'll make your work much easier.

mog

Bead Banger
Awesome, that's what I was hoping it was. Looks like time to call the salesman and work replacement into the deal.