Yanton social commentary thread!

cdoty

n00b
Thanks to the many members of this board who have mention Yanton, I was able to find his site.

I was able to pick up:
2 Puzzle De Pon boots for $25 each. The (16 MBit) 16 bit flash chips are easily worth $25 (there are four on each board), and two regular 27c eproms. I hadn't been able to find a 16 bit flash chip in a DIP package.

A Nigthmare in the Dark cartridge, which may contain more of the flash chips. If not, it'll be entertaining for a few weeks.

A Puckman Pockimon arcade board, which is based on pirate Genesis chips (minus the Z80).

I've also purchased 2 PGM cartridges through his EBay account.

A sincere thanks go to the people that pointed out that he sold boot carts. This will make testing stuff on the Neo Geo a lot easier. And the Puckman Pockimon board will be fun to play around with.

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I've picked up a couple of the MX fash built Waku Waku 7 carts and made my own dev cart. The DIP flash roms used inside these carts is a huge score for about $40 ea. Of course, this means nothing to people that want the game, but to developers, this is great!

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
ZOMG w000t Yaton has boots for $25

Get off yaton's dick. He's a prick, has slow ass shipping, uses terrible packing, his games look like them came from a dumpster. Uhm what else, oh he's shady too ;)

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
billd420 said:
ZOMG w000t Yaton has boots for $25

Get off yaton's dick. He's a prick, has slow ass shipping, uses terrible packing, his games look like them came from a dumpster. Uhm what else, oh he's shady too ;)

no bill, tell us how you really feel LOL !

I've bought some of his games, filthy most of the time and packaged like shit, and they take forever to get to you but there CHEAP!

cdoty

n00b
billd420 said:
He's a prick, has slow ass shipping, uses terrible packing, his games look like them came from a dumpster. Uhm what else, oh he's shady too ;)

Maybe he just doesn't like you! :)

This post was more of a social commentary on the Neo Geo forum, than an endorsement for Yanton (I'm gonna remove the 'content customer' line).

I got what I payed for, nothing more or less. None of them came with a Shock bo...., err... I mean plastic case.

I think it points out that people like to whine, and will take every opporitunity to do it.

If you buy Metal Slug 3 for $20, do you have the right to whine that it's a boot? Ever heard the phrase 'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'?

Last edited:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
This is still in the wrong forum.

Mods move it to feedback or merge with the 100 other Yaton threads please.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Is it true he uses food packaging to send the games in :oh_no:

cdoty

n00b
dubdubdub said:
This is still in the wrong forum.

Mods move it to feedback or merge with the 100 other Yaton threads please.

It's now *officially* a social commentary, and not a feedback (feedback removed from initial message).

Last edited:

cdoty

n00b
RGP said:

Mine had the cartridges wrapped in bubble wrap in a normal shipping box. Maybe he ran out of food packaging.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
cdoty said:
It's now *officially* a social commentary (unless someone has already designed one of those), and not a feedback (feedback removed from initial message).

At least its moved now. :tickled:

Everything that can be possibly said about Yaton in this thread has been said hundreds of times over in hundreds of other threads. Shit is never going to change with that guy.

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
RGP said:

While the majority of stuff from him were in normal shipping boxes, there was the time my brother got a few games wrapped together in a pizza box.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Hakkai said:
While the majority of stuff from him were in normal shipping boxes, there was the time my brother got a few games wrapped together in a pizza box.

one of my jamma pcb came in food box:annoyed:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This probably should belong in tech...

Bill, He's just letting the other Parts Miners know where they can get some cheap HTF parts......

Circa2113

Duck King's DJ
10 Year Member
racecar said:

I got 2 MVS carts in a box of fish fillets. I wish I had taken a pic of it, but I was too busy laughing my ass off.:lolz:

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Yanton* Isn't that just a popular thread? I bet people talk about yanton more than there are sales per day on neo-geo.com

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
RGP said:
Yes, I bought 3 carts from him once. The came in a Goldfish crackers box. I didn't mind one bit.

add: if i find the pic i'll up it, thought you get the idea already i assume.

cdoty

n00b
racecar said:

This is what we need pictures of..

Imagine, if you will, a collection of Yanton's packaging materials. :)

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
hahahahahahahhahaha.... I o nly ever recieved stuff in regualr boxes, well packed. a bit grubby but not too bad at all, fast shipping to the UK..

Maybe he only send food parcels to those who asked for them?
:loco:

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
I've had no problems with Yaton. Fast shipping & good cart selection!

cdoty

n00b
beh3moth said:
Maybe he only send food parcels to those who asked for them?
:loco:

I think you're on to something there. Maybe something is getting lost (added or jumbled) in the translation.

Last edited:

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Bought about 10+ MVS games and 1 Kit from Yaton. They were wrapped by bubble and shipped by a regular mailing box. The price is cheap, so no complain.

daybona

Juz,
N80G80 said:
no bill, tell us how you really feel LOL !

I've bought some of his games, filthy most of the time and packaged like shit, and they take forever to get to you but there CHEAP!

Hey now, bills prices ain't that bad either my friend.