Xyanide: New Shooter on Xbox

X

Y,
Here i ssome info with some vids of Xyanide. Looks pretty cool with an odd targeting system.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/719/719304p1.html

xyanide-20060717053331050.jpg

xyanide-20060717053341815.jpg

xyanide-20050908111424599.jpg

Last edited:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
A) This is hardly new.
B) I played it.
C) Its too confusing for its own good.
D) Its never geting a proper release.
E) Ever.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:

It seems like it would be. There's a point with shooters where overcomplicated gameplay simply takes away from the fun.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
The graphics look great and it looks very interesting, but it seems like it wouldn't play well and would be rather confusing/disorienting. The simple horizontal/vertical formula is all you really need; simple, yet effective and deep.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Buro Destruct said:
A) This is hardly new.
B) I played it.
D) Its never geting a proper release.
E) Ever.
You actually played it huh? Lucky you (well I say lucky, given your opinion of the game mabye thats the wrong word.)

TBH I was more interested in the GBA version of this game, which looked to be a more traditional side-scrolling thing - think R-type crossed with IridionII. But that also has met with the same fate as the Xbox game - consigned forever to the black hole of forgotten games.

Oh, and have Playlogic ever actually rleased anything good?

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
toy_brain said:
You actually played it huh? Lucky you (well I say lucky, given your opinion of the game mabye thats the wrong word.)

TBH I was more interested in the GBA version of this game, which looked to be a more traditional side-scrolling thing - think R-type crossed with IridionII. But that also has met with the same fate as the Xbox game - consigned forever to the black hole of forgotten games.

Oh, and have Playlogic ever actually rleased anything good?
Playlogic had it on demo at E3 two years ago.

TWO YEARS. And that was a YEAR after it was first announced. It controls sort of like Geometry Wars on acid (if thats even possible) but it ends up being insanely confusing to look at and really not something you feel like you're even totally controlling.