XFL Thread 2018-2019

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Just announced today by Vince McMahon, the XFL will be coming back in 2020 for a second round against the NFL.

This time there will be no cheerleaders, no fireworks, no gimmicks--just football and god-loving men and women standing for and singing the national anthem (not kidding, Vince said this will be required).

So, until 2020, speculate away. Personally, if they decide to do the custom names on the jerseys, I hope there's a "He Hate Me II" somewhere.

More info:

- 8 teams
- 40 players
- 10 game season.
- 4 team semi-Finals
- 1 championship game

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I like the multimedia approach he mentioned. If I can stream all the games easily on my phone, I'll probably watch even the football is sub-par. It'll be like an entire season of Thursday Night Football. By the way, they should definitely have a team in Cleveland. That's a market a half-decent team could capture imo.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
But can the players bodyslam and clothesline each other for extra points?

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
This is surprising. With doing away with all of the gimmicks from the first attempt, is the new XFL selling-point convenience?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Honestly, the main selling-point will probably be that it's a "Republican" football league where players are forced to stand for the anthem and can't have criminal records. Vince is friends with Trump, so expect tweets from Trump shilling for the XFL in the future.

fake

15 Year Member
Honestly, the main selling-point will probably be that it's a "Republican" football league where players are forced to stand for the anthem and can't have criminal records. Vince is friends with Trump, so expect tweets from Trump shilling for the XFL in the future.

My thoughts exactly.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
But can the players bodyslam and clothesline each other for extra points?

I went to an xfl game in sf way back when. This guy's helmet came off and someone on the other team picked it up and threw it like 20 yards down the field. Easily my favorite part of the game. The actual football was meh.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Have they said anything about gambling? Has the line opened up on the Patriots taking it all, yet?

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm also hearing rumors on the new franchises.

Trenton Reznors
Erie Ghouls
Sacramento Hard-Spirits

I don't know...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
i can see how he feels the time is ripe with the slowing ratings of football, but i think it's slowing because the public has lost interest overall.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
It'll do even worse than it did the first time around. No tv deal to put $100 million into crappy football, sure, that'll work.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I'll only watch if the games conform to my sleep schedule.

Gotta make sure the championship game is on a Saturday!

Or you could just make your wife sleep in a different room and then she can watch it while you sleep and then after the game she can go to bed by herself in her own room without waking you up and then she can tell you about it the next day.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Basically, they're going to take CFL and AFL players, who are playing very different versions of football than what is played in the NFL, and make them play like NFL players.

But the obvious point is that if those guys could play the NFL style as well as NFL players, they'd be in the NFL to begin with.

So they're going to make the unique CFL and AFL games worse to put on a shittier version of the NFL game.

This is bad for everyone.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Basically, they're going to take CFL and AFL players, who are playing very different versions of football than what is played in the NFL, and make them play like NFL players.

But the obvious point is that if those guys could play the NFL style as well as NFL players, they'd be in the NFL to begin with.

So they're going to make the unique CFL and AFL games worse to put on a shittier version of the NFL game.

This is bad for everyone.
AFL is basically dead. Gladiators suspended play and Tampa folded. Only four teams this season, one is an expansion and half the teams play in the same metro area and have the same owner.