WTS: CPS2 vampire saviour

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here I have an authentic Vampire Saviour. Battery changed FEB/2012 so no need for a battery swap for a long time. game works perfect with no flaws. 180 SHIPPED

F3CC7021-CA17-4306-AB8D-4626310749EB-1781-000002082D353B64.jpg

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Someone snatch this up quick! I would if I didn't already have VS2.

Uh VS and VS2 stand alone from each other and should not be considered one in the same. Both titles have equal game play but there are substantial differences between the two. It's not like comparing SuperT to regular old Super Street fighter as far as gameplay.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Uh VS and VS2 stand alone from each other and should not be considered one in the same. Both titles have equal game play but there are substantial differences between the two. It's not like comparing SuperT to regular old Super Street fighter as far as gameplay.

mainman, you know your cps2 stuff cold. Could you elaborate on what the differences are, for someone like me that hasn't played VS2. What am I missing out on?

Thanks.

Your info will help me make an informed decision, as I'm considering picking this up.

d0c_zaius

n00b
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
"Released in Japan in 1997, Vampire Savior 2 (ヴァンパイア セイヴァー 2, Vanpaia Seviā) was released along side Vampire Hunter 2 and uses the same gameplay mechanics as Vampire Savior. The game adds Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge characters Donovan Baine, Huitzil (Phobos in Japan) and Pyron to the Vampire Savior cast while omitting Jon Talbain (Gallon), Rikuo (Aulbath), and Sasquatch.
Although the game was never official released in arcades outside of Japan, the game was incorporated into Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior) and later as it's own standard game in the Japanese only release of Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection." - Darkstalkers Wiki

As far as gameplay differences, besides the character selection, VS2 has every character vs Jedah and one ending.

It's not really a replacement for VS, its like a different flavor, along with VH2.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
mainman, you know your cps2 stuff cold. Could you elaborate on what the differences are, for someone like me that hasn't played VS2. What am I missing out on?

Thanks.

Your info will help me make an informed decision, as I'm considering picking this up.

The obvious difference is the slight change in the fighter roster. Due to hardware limitations in this case the transition from VS to VS2 Talbain, Rikuo and Sasquatch were replaced with Donovan, Huitzil and Pyron. Hardware limits were the same deal with Vampire Hunter 2 (1997) which also was a update to Vampire Savior and not Vampire Hunter (1995) even though they both share the same character roster. VH2 was released at the same time with VS2.

If you had to choose between the three I would go with vampire savior but you still will be missing something. I personal like the return of the roster in VS2 but not at the cost of the ones removed from VS. So basically I personally prefer owning both titles.

As far as tweaks in the engine between the two as I said each game stands alone which includes game play, VS2 combos system nerfed some what.

The rest here is pretty much spot on

http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Savior_2

Last edited:

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Look at it this way... They rereleased vampire saviour and not vampire saviour 2. That damn meter change smh

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's all opinion man. If you prefer not having Sasquatch (one of the best characters if you ask me) then vs2 is better for you. Less combos are a huge turn off for me. Huge!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Fellas, thanks for weighing in. I appreciate your perspective, and the links.

Sasquatch is my favorite, so that helps me get a good starting point.

Kaike

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That's all opinion man. If you prefer not having Sasquatch (one of the best characters if you ask me) then vs2 is better for you. Less combos are a huge turn off for me. Huge!

Apparently you don't know what IMO means. In my opinion.

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's been fun guys! I know IMO means that. But it's actually not an opinion when it comes to combos vs2 has less combos if your into that and no cross ups. That's a fact. I was saying opinion in regards to you liking vs2 roster better. Personally I think the roster took out really important chars. on vs2, They add Pyron? Really? He's like the dumbest character in the vampire series. They also take out rikuo on VS for Phobos. Not a bad character but bad when compared to rikuo. That rikuo theme is so good too!

Last edited: