WTF is this?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Some aes inserts are very difficult to replicate with a standard printer. If you notice certain games like real bout special use that shiny ink (don't know what is called) certain places. Similar to what you see on certain trading cards or comics. From a distance in a picture it's hard to spot a fake but up close if you have the original game you should be able to tell the difference.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
you all can´t read ! Conversion, tsts.......

The games he is selling are "prototypes, unreleased, fan-translated or localized games". Now you know !

:hammer::lol:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member

The games he is selling are "prototypes, unreleased, fan-translated or localized games". Now you know !

we can read but if you don't understand the discussion at hand you should just log out.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,

How exactly are those not considered conversions? Sounds like you need to watch some reading rainbow yourself.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I like to think his comment was sarcastic...if not then lol

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I want to beat the shit out of conversion makers.

Their shit's also a conversion. It was grey matter before.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Ah, reading it again I guess it could be.

I'd agree, except his location listing implies he's French.

EDIT: To make it clear, I'm saying the French lack sophisticated wit. :loco:

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
of course it was sarcastic, but some of you doesn´t seem to understand LOL

@Beefjerky: since when is cologne in france ? I would surely know if I would eat froglegs and not toasted white bread, et je ne parle pas francais

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I once went through ebay reporting all the aes conversions for a couple of weeks but absolutely nothing happened, nothing was taken off the site and I received no response from ebay. Gave up after that.

Has anyone else tried this and had any joy?

housethemous

New Challenger
I don't mind conversions and repros as long as it's PROPERLY LISTED ON THE COVER.

This shit is just scam... Hope no one gets ripped buying from him or his buyers in the future.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Some aes inserts are very difficult to replicate with a standard printer. If you notice certain games like real bout special use that shiny ink (don't know what is called) certain places. Similar to what you see on certain trading cards or comics. From a distance in a picture it's hard to spot a fake but up close if you have the original game you should be able to tell the difference.

The conversion makers use professional printers so I wouldn't count on that.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I don't mind conversions and repros as long as it's PROPERLY LISTED ON THE COVER.
Why not? To make a conversion you have to destroy a perfectly fine MVS cart (to get the chips) and almost all of the time a perfectly fine homecart as well (to get the boards, very seldom reproductions are used). FUCK THAT SHIT! Conversions hurt this hobby

since when is cologne in france ?
February 9. 1801, Treaty of Lunéville.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Even people living in France are in denial, wishing they weren't. XD

Bar81

20 Year Member
Why not? To make a conversion you have to destroy a perfectly fine MVS cart (to get the chips) and almost all of the time a perfectly fine homecart as well (to get the boards, very seldom reproductions are used). FUCK THAT SHIT! Conversions hurt this hobby

It depends on what aspect you are addressing. From a philosophical point of view (which is what I believe he is addressing), the issue is marking the conversions such that people are not fooled into paying original cart prices. From a practical point of view, you are correct, in that the sacrificing of up to two carts (note that most "conversions" these days are boots and simply use EPROMS) is destroying the ability of new gamers to join the Neo fold and play the original games on original hardware (although even in that regard, once a proper Neo everdrive is released and proper game dumps are made, the availability of original carts will be a non-issue for gamers).

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
I once went through ebay reporting all the aes conversions for a couple of weeks but absolutely nothing happened, nothing was taken off the site and I received no response from ebay. Gave up after that.

Has anyone else tried this and had any joy?

Did try that a while back and of course nothing happened :(
Ebay is a filthy yet profitable business.Well it's a business lol

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
It depends on what aspect you are addressing. From a philosophical point of view (which is what I believe he is addressing), the issue is marking the conversions such that people are not fooled into paying original cart prices. From a practical point of view, you are correct, in that the sacrificing of up to two carts (note that most "conversions" these days are boots and simply use EPROMS) is destroying the ability of new gamers to join the Neo fold and play the original games on original hardware (although even in that regard, once a proper Neo everdrive is released and proper game dumps are made, the availability of original carts will be a non-issue for gamers).
I agree fully with the first part of your post. However I believe that even if we get a flash cart for the Neo it would still be a shame to destroy carts for conversions/boots - there simply is NO need/reason/justification. If you want to play a game on your homesystem you can't afford on homecart, get a converter/adapter.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

Everdrives have had zero effect on rising game prices on the other systems they're available. Why do you think it would stop rising prices on the Neo?

Not being a dick, just wondering.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You're absolutely right, but if there were a Neo Everdrive I would no longer give any fucks about the game pricing.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I agree and the quality wouldn't be an issue vs. multishits.

Bar81

20 Year Member
Everdrives have had zero effect on rising game prices on the other systems they're available. Why do you think it would stop rising prices on the Neo?

Not being a dick, just wondering.

I don't see anything where I talk about pricing.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I don't see anything where I talk about pricing.

No problem! I'll rephrase the statement before my question for you as I'm interested in your answer.

once a proper Neo everdrive is released and proper game dumps are made, the availability of original carts will be a non-issue for gamers).

Now it is taken out of context so forgive me.

With the other systems that have Everdrives, the availability of original games seems to have decreased due to greater demand. I'm not sure if it's because someone had the chance to play game X finally and wants an original or they think their collection would be more complete or what. The pricing of games is ever rising too. Why do you think the Neo would be any different?

Or did you just mean they'll have the properly dumped games and can just shut the hell up about it:mr_t:

Last edited: