WtB: New Astro City (SF Bay Area)

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to buy a New Astro City in the SF Bay or Sac area, if you have one let me know. Would prefer a complete one with the original 15/24khz monitor with no burn in.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Honestly your best bet is Kingsly, you can check the cab out before you buy it and haggle in person.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Ken sells regular Astro's. Jesus why would you even consider Kingsly.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Kingsly has some nice cabs youv probably never been to his shop. He has bad cabs as well and just doesn't give a damn who gets whitch just as long as he gets paid. He's not bad to deal with 1 on 1 that being said I would never buy anything from him without a thorough lookover. childsremix just happens to be in the fortunate situation that he can go down and deal in person if he had to have it shipped I would never have recommended it

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Verry true I know a lot of members who have been burned by him but personally some of my best deals have come from Kingsly. I got a neo 29 in perfect working order in nice cosmeticcondition with a burn free monitor fo $275 from him. I also got a complete astro with dead monitor (which ended up being pinched wires) but other than that the cab was in great shape for $100 and just 2 weeks ago I got an original blast pannel fully populated with used sanwa hardware and harnesses for $25. Don't get me wrong I hate the fact that he rips off all his mail order clients, I have even gone down to dispute fellow members nightmare transactions with him before. The fact of the matter is I have had nothing but excellent dealings with him and it's because I went down there thoroughly checked everything and busted his balls on pricing. So I will say it once again Kingsly is a good person to deal with in person if it's mail order avoid him like the plauge.

Last edited:

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Your missing the point I praise nothing he does he is a cheat a liar a drug addict and a thief every good transaction has come off the sweat of my own brow however, he is the only local vendor and can be dealt with in person. It would be retarded to pay 300 to ship something I can pick up 20 miles from my home.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
yes kingsley is a liar and a cheat and a bad businessman. If you haven't figured that out yet then you have no sense about you. A sucker and his money will always be parted.

That said, he's "ok" to deal with in person. I too have gotten good to great deals by haggling with him. True he's not the only person in the US to deal with. And if you have no one local to you why would you consider getting something shipped from him when you could get something shipped from someone else for the same price. But like BIGTIME said, it makes absolutely no sense for me to pay $300 to ship something when I can go pick it up. Being able to see/test something with my own two hands is worth a lot to me.

OT: I might consider letting one of my NACs go. I'm in SF if you want to come by and check it out. I'm not pressed to sell it though, so don't expect me to give it away. I'm thinking around $600 with no control panel.

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OT: I might consider letting one of my NACs go. I'm in SF if you want to come by and check it out. I'm not pressed to sell it though, so don't expect me to give it away. I'm thinking around $600 with no control panel.

PM sent.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
It's not the NAC I sold you, is it? :(

yes kingsley is a liar and a cheat and a bad businessman. If you haven't figured that out yet then you have no sense about you. A sucker and his money will always be parted.

That said, he's "ok" to deal with in person. I too have gotten good to great deals by haggling with him. True he's not the only person in the US to deal with. And if you have no one local to you why would you consider getting something shipped from him when you could get something shipped from someone else for the same price. But like BIGTIME said, it makes absolutely no sense for me to pay $300 to ship something when I can go pick it up. Being able to see/test something with my own two hands is worth a lot to me.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
Sweet. Where'd you find it?

QUOTE=childsremix;3216929]Found a NAC thanks for everyones help![/QUOTE]

childsremix

Overtop Pathfinder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it nice? Does it work well?

Its a nice cabinet, the paint job could definitely be better, it's more then acceptable though. The Astro does work well. There are some issues with the cabinet, the lighting doesn't work, missing screws, etc. Overall I'm happy with it.

For those interested on what cabinets he has for sale I saw only Blast City's, and cocktail cabinets. Lots of parts for NAC's, AC's and Noir's. So if you need a panel or something Im sure he has an extra one. I bought 4 other used control panels from him also. He said he was getting a container in a few weeks with a mix of cabinets, Noirs, Blasts, Astro's, etc. No vewlixs, no mini cutes.

I know allot of folks have said they've gotten screwed over by Kingsley/CoinOpStore and I'm not here to debate that since the groupbuy was before my time here. What I am going to say is that I went to see Kingsley about the NAC and he gave me a good deal on it. Ive bought from both Ken and Kingsley and they both have their positives and negatives as far as price, expectations, and wysiwyg.

The NAC on the right is the one I just picked up. Ill try to get better pics in a few days if anyone is actually interested. Again sorry for the crappy iphone picture.

Nac%252520%2525284%252529.JPG

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Seriously don't care how desperate you ppl are. The guy is a flat out scammer and an overall piece of shit. He provides nothing to the Arcade Community nor does he even care about it. If you ppl actually stopped giving your money away he might actually do the community a favor by going away.

That is all I have to say, if you respond trying to defend him I won't even look at it. Because you are not even remotely caring about the scene at all by defending and promoting a total pos scammer.