WTB: MVS Beat 'em ups

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Beat 'em ups have always been some of my favorite arcade playing experiences, and I'm currently on the lookout for any of the ones released for the MVS recently bought Mutation Nation so that's checked off the list which leaves:

-Sengoku 1-3

-Burning Fight

-8 man

-Ninja Combat

-Robo Army

I'm also looking for reasonably priced carts of Metal Slug 3 and any KOF games that aren't 95 or 96 (already have them)

Might also be interested in the Real Bout games and Garou MotW (Terry is probably my fave SNK character)

I don't mind what the particulars of the cart is as long as it's not a boot, but I prefer American labels in good condition, still I am primarily looking to play these games so if the cart looks like it's been dragged behind a car for 6 miles but plays fine I'll probably be cool with it

So if you can hook me up send me a pm, if I'm a big idiot for trying to find games that are ridiculously hard to find feel free to express it, and thanks for your time

Edit: post updated and altered because loli wouldn't shut up about how much Legend Success Joe sucks

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Yea you really need to play some of those on emulation first and reassess your list. Robo army looks awesome in screenshots but isn't so great when you decide to actually play it.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Beat 'Em Ups weren't exactly the Neo Geo's strong suit, but if you must, Sengoku 3 is definitely the tops. Mutation Nation was okay, though the weirdness bumped it up a bit in my eyes. Everything else was just generic (like Burning Fight) or just flat out bad.

In my humble opinion.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Beat 'Em Ups weren't exactly the Neo Geo's strong suit, but if you must, Sengoku 3 is definitely the tops. Mutation Nation was okay, though the weirdness bumped it up a bit in my eyes. Everything else was just generic (like Burning Fight) or just flat out bad.

In my humble opinion.

I don't care if they suck, and weirdness sounds wonderful, thanks for the input though guys, as long as the prices aren't astronomical I'm cool with playing a shitty beat 'em up on my Neo, because hey, it's still Neo and I like beat 'em ups, and the Sengoku series in general looks like the best in the genre the Neo Geo has to offer so I'm looking forward to eventually being able to play those

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Legend of suck ass is about as much of a beatemup as a 00s flash game. Mutation nation is fun, let it take joe's place.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Sent you a PM. I've got a few of those you have on your list.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0

In my humble opinion.

I feel mutation nation is arguably the best beat em up on the neo.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I feel mutation nation is arguably the best beat em up on the neo.

I can respect that. I still prefer Sengoku 3 but I can respect Mutation Nation. I enjoyed Sengoku 2 as well.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I can respect that. I still prefer Sengoku 3 but I can respect Mutation Nation. I enjoyed Sengoku 2 as well.

+1 for that. I enjoy Mutation Nation, but Sengoku 3 is way better IMHO. It helps that Sengoku is like 10 years younger than Mutation Nation.

Regards.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sengoku 2 (is awesome) and doesn't show up for sale very often. When it does, it always goes for a pretty high price (amongst MVS prices imo). It has more of the traditional neo vibe to it as opposed to 3, but I like all the Sengokus.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Top Hunter is incredible, I just never considered it a Beat 'Em Up. It's a great game, though.