WTB: Gamecube Component Cable.~

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As the title says. I've finally got my home system setup/upgraded to the point I'm happy with it but I want to see about getting this cable without paying overinflated ebay prices for it.

Looking to spend around $140.00/$160.00 tops for this puppy. If you've got a spare one laying around collecting dust then please let me take it off your hands and give it a good home where it'll get some use.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Good luck with your search. I wish someone would make a ~$30 knockoff, because even if I could afford them at their current prices, I refuse to pay that amount.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah I know, considering this item is rare as fuck because of how special some of the parts are in it plus the fact you could have only gotten one if you ordered it directly from Nintendo of Japan puts this in the nutty price range. I'm willing to haggle a little higher but I'm not going to slit my wrists getting this thing.~

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yeah I know, considering this item is rare as fuck because of how special some of the parts are in it plus the fact you could have only gotten one if you ordered it directly from Nintendo of Japan puts this in the nutty price range.

You just had to order it directly from Nintendo. Didn't have to be Nintendo of Japan. I'd ordered one from NoA back in the day for $29.95. Which at the time seemed a bit expensive...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
You just had to order it directly from Nintendo. Didn't have to be Nintendo of Japan. I'd ordered one from NoA back in the day for $29.95. Which at the time seemed a bit expensive...

I bought one from Nintendo and then bought 6 from GameStop for 4.99 a pop when they fazed it all out.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

That makes more sense then..

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
All but the one I have were given away over the years, funnily enough all of them were flipped by my "friends" Needless to say they no longer are.

Wow. That fuckin' sucks. I'm a bit of a hoarder, so if I gave something to a person, and they flipped it, I'd probably have to pistol whip them TonK style.

PS - Congrats to BonusKun on the score

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Dunno...someone's figured out how it works already. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51450 Surprised it hasn't gained more traction to be honest.

Yeah I saw this a long time ago. However the guy hasn't made any headway for months now after this and...

The downside is that as far as I know there is no source for the original plug, so it has to be mounted internally in the Gamecube.

Yeah no, I don't feel like cracking open my system with a chance of damaging it.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah that's a nice option for those with not too much money to burn. I'd always wanted these cables and I kick myself in the balls everytime I passed on em because they ended up being the best possible display for Gamecube games.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Was too slow in offering mine, but if anyone is coming here and looking for one, send me a PM.