WTB: Astro City top panel replacement

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking to find a replacement top panel piece for my Astro City. I'm not sure the exact name for it, but I mean the plastic panel that says "Astro City" on it that the speaker grills pop into. Let me know if you have a spare and how much you're looking for, thanks!

EDIT: Here's an image for clarification!
U7dVz.jpg

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
this is a long shot, but I would pm fox1 and see if he can get you one from Japan. He checks yahoo auctions japan regularly for arcade parts. I think here in the US, annyone who has this part, would need it for their own cabs, and seeing as how candy cabs are japanese anyway, it seems more likely if there was an extra one floating around, it would be in the country of origin. gl, hope you can find one.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion, I just messaged him. And yeah, tracking one down via wanted threads is probably not the way I'd end up finding one, but it's helped get some leads including this one so that's cool :) I've been trying to keep my eye out for anyone parting out cabs, etc since that's probably about the only way I'd get my hands on one here but no luck so far.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
this is a long shot, but I would pm fox1 and see if he can get you one from Japan. He checks yahoo auctions japan regularly for arcade parts. I think here in the US, annyone who has this part, would need it for their own cabs, and seeing as how candy cabs are japanese anyway, it seems more likely if there was an extra one floating around, it would be in the country of origin. gl, hope you can find one.

you may also want to hit Ken@thegameroom up as well.. Like Mugi said, it's a loooong shot, but he may have one.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
you may also want to hit Ken@thegameroom up as well.. Like Mugi said, it's a loooong shot, but he may have one.

Good idea, thanks. I've been eyeing a couple of his cabs, though I don't really want to pay for freight shipping on them. Just shot him an e-mail to see if he can help with the panel.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Good idea, thanks. I've been eyeing a couple of his cabs, though I don't really want to pay for freight shipping on them. Just shot him an e-mail to see if he can help with the panel.

I would think being in California, you wouldn't need to get a cab shipped from Ken, that's for people like me on the East Coast. I'm sure there are plenty of candies in CA, and at better prices than Ken has as well. If you are getting another candy cab, you already live in pretty much the best state to get one;)

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, that's why I'm not planning on it really :) They look like they're in great condition, but I know with some patience I'll be able to find what I want closer so I don't have to worry about that extra cost. #1 for me right now is Naomi uni or net city, which don't seem to be terribly common however.

Lemony Vengeance

Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I would think being in California, you wouldn't need to get a cab shipped from Ken, that's for people like me on the East Coast. I'm sure there are plenty of candies in CA, and at better prices than Ken has as well. If you are getting another candy cab, you already live in pretty much the best state to get one;)

you know, Ken has TWO warehouses.. one in SoCal, one in Utah?

YUP.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
you know, Ken has TWO warehouses.. one in SoCal, one in Utah?

YUP.

I had heard that, but almost everyone who has gotten their cabs shipped from him mentioned they came from Utah, so I wasn't positive about the other one.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, his site lists which warehouse each cab is in, all of the candies are in UT, I think only one cab is in the socal one.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I've been looking around, so far I can only find the new astro cities, like so: I will keep looking.

cartoon47521-img360x600-1342635191dzguju13223.jpg

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, those seem easier to find, I've stumbled across a couple so far. Thank you so much for keeping an eye out for me.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So Ken finally got back to me this morning and he said he has some but they are really difficult to remove from the cab (I did it in about 5-10 minutes my first time opening a cab so I didn't really think it was that bad). I asked him how much he wanted and he said $100 just to remove it plus part+shipping :\ Seems a little steep but I'm not really sure how to continue. I sent a picture so I don't think he's mistaken on the part.

EDIT: Maybe there's an issue with the cabs he has that makes it harder to get to/remove?

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
it's a tough call, I don't think Ken is trying to gouge you, but it is a random part that doesn't come around often. Price does seem steep, but you have to ask, how much is it worth to you? You could always wait and see if something else comes along, but until this point, no others have shown up, so at the very least, you now have a line on one, even if it is pretty dern expensive

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yeah, I mean I was expecting to spend about 75-100 total on it, and the price he quoted for the part was actually really cheap ($25), I'm just kind of surprised at the labor price. I may try to counteroffer a little bit less and see if he goes for it, or further clarify the part.

Lemony Vengeance

Rating - 100%
88   0   0
...really difficult to remove from the cab.... $100 just to remove it plus part+shipping

you've got to be effing kidding me. $100 to remove, THEN part and shipping? I would think that $100 was for the whole she-bang.

*shakes head*.. lame sauce.

Yeah, I mean I was expecting to spend about 75-100 total on it, and the price he quoted for the part was actually really cheap ($25), I'm just kind of surprised at the labor price. I may try to counteroffer a little bit less and see if he goes for it, or further clarify the part.

Good luck on that.. ken is a notorious stickler when it comes to pricing, especially for parts, but give it a shot!

Last edited:

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I have heard. I figure there might be a slightly better chance since I'm trying to haggle the labor price which is a little more subjective. I do understand that there's an inconvenience to it, especially if he has to move things around to get to the cab since I'm assuming he'd only remove this from something that's otherwise non-functional.

Lemony Vengeance

Rating - 100%
88   0   0
So I have heard. I figure there might be a slightly better chance since I'm trying to haggle the labor price which is a little more subjective. I do understand that there's an inconvenience to it, especially if he has to move things around to get to the cab since I'm assuming he'd only remove this from something that's otherwise non-functional.

if his warehouse is the same as it was about 5 months ago, the (N)AC(2)'s are in the back, past the (N)NC's and BC's not to difficult to move them, but what do I know, I'm just a casual bystander.