worst cex employee ever pole!

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Im going for Dave mullins. He a smarmy sob with more faces than mount rushmore. Most of you wont know him as his dark devious side was quickly taken advantage of and he was made area manger.

We used to say that his unblockable move would be identical to yoshimitsus back stab in tekken!

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Christ, this really is difficult, and though I stand by my first choice, I have to add a few others.

Nyameke! This guy works upstairs in the rathbone branch and thinks he is gods gift to women and the true hero on the dance floor. He loves giving attitude to disgruntled customers and is always skint, therfore poncing of everyone! According to him, 'white people have no rythm and cant play games'. He said that shortly before he realised I was a top class break dancer and kicked his ass on 98.

Old school dancing and old school games, you cant beat the retro scene!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Is that the same DAVE in the CEX store in LONDON... better not be...

At the mo the WHOLE of CEX is under my obvious hatred.

However, ADAM and SEAN at the call centre are my most wanted to be run over ny a tram!!

xROTx:-( mad_2

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Dave Kessler (yes, the same name as the guy in 'An american werewolf in London) is probably who you mean amigo. He is a smarmy, two faced piece of work (hey, a pattern is forming) that used to go on about retro was shit and nintendo were all that mattered. Needless to say, when CEX were banned from selling US and JPN nintendo products, the cry baby left.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
kyo geo:
Dave Kessler (yes, the same name as the guy in 'An american werewolf in London) is probably who you mean amigo. He is a smarmy, two faced piece of work (hey, a pattern is forming) that used to go on about retro was shit and nintendo were all that mattered. Needless to say, when CEX were banned from selling US and JPN nintendo products, the cry baby left.
Thinking he needs an "ACCIDENT" to happen to him... good thing for him I'm a pacifist...

xROTx:-0

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
hey is dave the drunk piece of work who used to work on the shop floor about 5-6 years ago. Must be about 40 plus now??

Also what happened to that sack of shit Lee Murdoch. Maybe his "nice guy attitude" led him to a cardboard box under the Telephone tower?

as for CEX nice guys. I always thought Garth was cool.

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Well,i don't know his name for sure.But thier was a lanky,skiny fuck,long greasy hair and was the rudest old chap i ever come across.I mean he didn't have to say anything to me,but he was a faggot would just laughed at everyone who came in the retro bit and was the slowest piece and trash i ever seen,you ask him a question,replys a few seconds later..so...slow.I felt like 'banging' that geek out.I can't be bothered wasting my time typing about him.Bottom line is CEX blows.

Tell what a good idea would be,show the CEX 'staff' these posts and show them what fags they are.And one know how to contact them,i try ringing them but can any of you guys point them to these topics,i think it would be a laugh tickled

rugal2000

hahahhah corbo I think know exactly who you mean!!!!
Mark wasnt it that guy who you used to work with? He only wore black and had long greasy black hair.

He always talked in a super quite voice . I actually thought he was more retarded and shy than rude per se....than again it could be ASH he fits that description U just gave too

<small>[ August 01, 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: rugal2000 ]</small>

rugal2000

Rupert is like the skinny weak poof in "lock stock and 2 smoking barrels". Yknow the one who grows weed in his flat but isnt man enough to stop the gangsters stealing it all.

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
It does sound like ben AND ash, but I think hes refering to ben. Hmmmmmm. From a productivity point of view, ben was very efficient. Although his social skills sucked, I really wanted him as my assistant manager.

Ben was very eager to learn about neo and superguns and im sorry I never got the chance to educate him before he left. Maybe he couldve been saved.....

We have a new contestant, btw. Any one know Guy Patey, from the harrow branch. Arrogant egotistical prick he thought he was kazuya from tekken, so much so that he even got the tatoo done! I remeber one of his staff designed an insert of real bout, and used guys head to replace that of geese howard in the chair. I was horrified at the comparison and destroyed it immediatley.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
the nottinghill gate xchange shop used to be just as fucked up. but CEX has been customer unfriendly ever since I can remember (about 11 years ago), and as time went by they got ruder and stupider staff. its policy.

I nearly got into a fight once with two of them and I left wanting to deck someone..

The one that I thought was a pretentious fucker was the skinny blond almost albino looking glasses wearing geek.
I think once he got a part in a film (judge dread?) and he had his back and arms covered in one massive tribal tattoo.
He thinks he´s soooo smart. should have knocked his teeth out..

I remember Sheekana across the way - you could actually haggle with them. they hated CEX too (business related) - but without a doubt the lack of competition has made CEX - that veritable shit hole - one of the only options as far as imports/retro in London. Shit, there used to be atleast 4 shops more back in super famicom days, that did imports...

<small>[ August 01, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: DevilRedeemed ]</small>

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Geez mo, Rupert really got under your skin eh? He was a bit stubborn at times and did like to piss certain customers of, so believe me, I take your point. Your comparison of him to lock stock is priceless!

'Oh and rupert, if you must buy sodding chronotrigger, could you be a little more careful?'

'What do you mean?'

'Weve be banned from selling import nintendo, and your walking around with a US rpg and a purple button control pad behind the counter. You dont look like your average fucking pal games player. Thats what I mean Rupert'

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
DevilRedeemed:
the nottinghill gate xchange shop used to be just as fucked up. but CEX has been customer unfriendly ever since I can remember (about 11 years ago), and as time went by they got ruder and stupider staff. its policy.

I nearly got into a fight once with two of them and I left wanting to deck someone..

The one that I thought was a pretentious fucker was the skinny blond almost albino looking glasses wearing geek.
I think once he got a part in a film (judge dread?) and he had his back and arms covered in one massive tribal tattoo.
He thinks he´s soooo smart. should have knocked his teeth out..

I remember Sheekana across the way - you could actually haggle with them. they hated CEX too (business related) - but without a doubt the lack of competition has made CEX - that veritable shit hole - one of the only options as far as imports/retro in London. Shit, there used to be atleast 4 shops more back in super famicom days, that did imports...
I think I know who you mean, from years back. Retro CEX staff, if such a term is plausible. My mate wanted to deck him after he made faces at him whilst my mate was engrossed in playing the virtual boy. To quote pulp fiction 'you mean the one with all that shit in the face?'

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I think I've opened up a can of worms!!

Sorry if it's brought such angry, albeit justified, memories.

Makes my gripe seem like a walk in the park next to yours.

YOU guys are so cool man!!!

xROTx:-) multi_co

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
'right, now have I got your attention? Firstly, im gonna haow sho koh ken his toes off! Alright. There go his toes. Now, unless you want me out of here in 5 minutes flat, open the door or im gonna ryoku ranbo his leg off!'

Im really getting carried away....this is a great thread...

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
rotphungte:

Youve only bought up peoples feelings to the surface mate. Your just the messenger.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
kyo geo:
rotphungte:

Youve only bought up peoples feelings to the surface mate. Your just the messenger.
Cool!! I'm off now for a bit.... gotta spend time with "me BIRD"... Got evil looks already for spending too much time with you... thinking she thinks I love you guys more than her....

True I suppose but lets keep it between us eh!!

Will catch up with you guys later!!!

Ciao!!!!

xROTx:-) :)

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
rotphungte:
kyo geo:
rotphungte:

Cool!! I'm off now for a bit.... gotta spend time with "me BIRD"... Got evil looks already for spending too much time with you... thinking she thinks I love you guys more than her....

True I suppose but lets keep it between us eh!!

Will catch up with you guys later!!!

Ciao!!!!

xROTx:-) :)
I know exactly how you feel mate. My neo gatherings this weekend and anyone is welcome to come! Ive managed to get my son and fiancee out of the place (had to pay for them to go away to southend for the weekend!) so please make the effort to come! Meeting time and point is camden tube station tommorow at one pm. PM me if you need anymore details!

kyo geo

Geese's Thug
Electroman:
Uh, what is Cex?
A cross between a car boot sale and a gathering of tramps, with some games throw in, that luckily for you will never make it to masachussets.

Seriously, its a tenth rate games exchange company based in several places in Britain, with customer service that makes you feel so angry....

rugal2000

Origionally posted by Devil redeemed "The one that I thought was a pretentious fucker was the skinny blond almost albino looking glasses wearing geek.
I think once he got a part in a film (judge dread?) and he had his back and arms covered in one massive tribal tattoo."

yes quite quite....I remember him too. Your description of him brings back vivid memories....... how could I forget this putrid maggot when assessing CEX and its worst employees.

He was a small effeminate little shit with a thin weedy voice and platinum blond hair.He looked like Jimmy Saville....only with glasses and tattoos.

While we're at it what of the sadly departed Alan Chung....put it this way if he ever auditioned for a part as the " elephant man" they wouldnt need any makeup.

<small>[ August 01, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: rugal2000 ]</small>

Hey I used to be an CEX employee for a total of 6 months. Although my first stint was at the end of 1994 just before the Sony Playstation and Sega Saturn. When people were part exchanging their entire console collection to buy a PSX and a Game for £1000 (about $1600 at the exchange rate at the time...), I remember one guy came in with a Neo Geo Cart unit with about 10 games and I said to him, 'No don't part exchange your Neo Geo and PC Engine for a Playstation, just wait unit it comes down in price', he gave me a dirty look and I duly took all his stuff off him, Boxed PC Engine Duo? Well you'll get £60 exchange on that.. Neo Geo, £75 exhange After everything the guy still had to pay £200! Idiot! At that point I realised if people are dumb enough to exchange consoles for something new and shiny and pay over the odds because they can't wait a month or so then so be it.

Although working at CEX back in 1994 was quite cool and most (not all) people were cool and Bob (the guy that owns the company(!)) bought people drinks.

I left as I had a fight with a munkin there.

Fast forward to Retro at Whitfield St and I'm there again helping out, this time you had Ash and Graham running the show. Ash thinking he is gods gift to Retro and Graham appearing like he is in the wrong shop. Still apart from Ash it was quite nice, I still had massive arguments with Ash over pricing on virtually everything esp on Neo Geo, PC Engine, Megadrive and Super Famicom.

Dave Mullins is a munkin and I left Retro as I dropped (after tripping on some uncovered wiring) and destroyed a CPS2 board. I decided that the best thing to do was to buy it with a reduction as it was fucked (B board was cracked) but the A board was fine. Come Monday Dave Mullins is on the phone about it, moaning about it. The following week I bring the board back, showed it to him fucked, he says I should pay full whack for it, I tell him where to go as I tripped on loose cable that was CEXs fault, he was tring desperately to make me pay, saying I will be fired or get it docked from my pay if I didn't. I told him that I do this job because it's fun, not because I need the money as I had a full time job anyway. I picked up the board, chucked it at him, walked out, went to Retro, returned the reciept and took my money out the till and took my stuff (and some other bits too).

Ash was a dick sometimes as he got into an arguement over someone over an Arcade PCB which I said to Ash was flakey when I saw it, didn't stop Ash selling it and arguing with the guy when the guy brought it back defective. Ash was going 'Well it worked when it went out, we only give 24 hour gaurantees on PCBs (technically illegal...)'. The guy looked like he was going to deck Ash at one point before Graham stepped in and took control of it.

Lee liked Weed a bit too much and got fired because he didn't attend.

Joe (the guy with the glasses and the blond hair, he was also an extra in Judge Dread (seriously...)) was a nice guy, I never had a problem with working with him back in 1994 and he left CEX back in 1998, so some of you guys have really long memories.

There was also Mark who thought himself gods gift to Neo Geo games, although during his reign I did end up quite well with Neo Geo CD games. I did pick up a copy of Breakers with Spine for £12 ($18 at then exchange rate) (labeled wrong) there once as well as Samurai Spirits RPG (labeled Samurai Spirits 1, not that the munkins could read) with Spine for £5 ($7.50). Thanks guys! They also helped me get a Neo Geo CD for free by paying way too much for US Neo Geo CD games. £40 ($60) exchange for Last Resort in crap condition, ta very much. Also persuaded them that Gan Gan was Ninja Masters.... turning a £3 exchange into a £24 ($35) one. :D

CEX have also been in recievership twice (remember when it was called TCR CEX...), this is one of the reasons why Retro moved from Whitfield to the basement as they needed to cut down on rent. All the CEX branches now are all limited companies in there own right so if one loses too much money then they can pull the plug on it without effecting the rest of CEX. The leases on all the buildings are also held by another company, so if CEX goes bust they can set up another CEX in the same place without the customers knowing, they have done this once and managed to buy back the stock from the recivers for a lot less money.

They also pissed off a lot of wholesalers and at one point they had to go to Game (Electronics Buttocks as they liked to call it) to buy stock and then price it up and stick it on CEX shelves...

CEX have gone downhill a lot over the last 9 years but they do sell some bargains from time to time, you just have to ignore the brain dead staff (most of which don't stay more then 6 months...) and the stupidly loud music, once I got so pissed of with it that I got some paper and a pen that was on their desk and wrote out everything adding 'Look I can't be arsed shouting over this loud and frankly shite fucking music'. Holding it up like some flash cards, when they tried to speak, I wrote 'Sorry mate, can't hear you over this loud music, you'd think they would turn it down a bit...'. I did complain to Camden council about the noise and they did threaten CEX and they did turn it down (for about a week...).

CEX staff also blanently disregard the sale of goods act, and the resale of goods act. Items must be fit for purpose and you have a legal right to an exchange or refund within 28 days if the item is defective. CEX take the biscuit over this trying to blame the customer as much as they can if the disc is scratched or it works on their system. I stepped in one day and the CEX monkey (short fat guy down in Retro) was arguing with a customer, the customer was right and I told the customer that he had a legal right under the Resale of Goods act of 1974 to a refund as the goods are defective, after words with the tall hairy faced monkey (I assume the manager) the customer got a refund and he said 'I won't come back in here again'...

Most staff should been beaten with a large bat to teach them manners and customer care... Although on the flip side some customers are rude and arrogent and should be beaten too.

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
kyo geo:
rotphungte:

Yep,it was only a matter of time that someone said 'CEX' and everyone goes apeshit over them,they really do my head in.

@Rugal2000,he seemed to have a light brown hair i think and he didn't wear black last time i saw him.I can't wait to go back and see how the old shit hole is doing,because i so want to show them these threads.

rugal2000

Well Marks gathering was today and it was a great success.So much so we vowed to do it again.

Unfortunetly I wasnt able to hang around for as long as I wanted to, but while I did it was a great atmosphere of fun and humour as well as some extraordinary displays of skill on KOF 94! Abby is one serious playa at this game and he had me saying "matei" in record time.

A big thanks to Mark for kindly inviting everyone to his home and for once again showing what a all round good guy he is....even if his skills at KOF 94 suck...LOL...just kidding.

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
Are all Cex stores as filthy as the one in Birmingham?? I go in there from time to time because it's the only shop I've seen with NGPC games in the last few years (it's got a whole packed shelf of them..), but always come out feeling soo dirty. If you buy anything from there you have to properly clean it as everything in there has a thick coating of dirt eek!

Never really had any problems with the staff though.. We bought a copy of Busta-Groove which didn't work (scratched really, really, really badly) and they took it back no questions asked after a week. Although if you do want to buy anything you have to queue for ages as the staff seem to always be slacking off or something.