Woody Allen

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Watching those Love and Death clips on YouTube, I am completely fine knowing that you guys don’t like Woody’s movies. Not for everyone. Kind of like how I look down on so many movies that people talk out here. It’s all good.

I would be willing to give some a shot tbh but I trust sissela when she says they aren't good, sissela has great taste in film (and she tastes great too)

I look down on pretty much every super hero faggot ass action movies you people on here watch so yeah

If I were alive during the time when Woody and Mia were releasing over a dozen films starring themselves in just one year I may have paid someone a lot of money to kill Woody Allen just to get him to stop. What I meant by my original statement, is I don't want to see that fucking dude starring in his own film. Ever. He sucks. I'll give a film a shot if he's NOT written himself in it as a character.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
“Don’t let a single person determine your tastes in life” - The prophet Mohammad

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Woody Allen:

Great director and writer.

Terrible husband and father.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't know enough about this but I did watch the docu series. What is the opposing view that supports Allen over Farrow?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fair point.

He should have married her. Somebody clearly needed to check him on a few things.
He should have married her?

she was sleeping with Frank Sinatra. Half the allure of her kids are that they were sired by Blue Eyes.

and the Dylan and Ronan testimonies have always felt tainted. I mean, actors, by trade, are trained to do this. Some from birth if the parent is capable.

really doesn’t help that Ronan has spent his time coaching women to take down men for less than physical sexual abuse.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Is there any possibility that getting married might have made them look at their relationship differently? Or were they all always destined to be talented degenerates?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Is there any possibility that getting married might have made them look at their relationship differently? Or were they all always destined to be talented degenerates?
My man, marriage hasn’t stopped you from being a degenerate coming here to castigate your man pearls before gay porkers. You are who you are.

(I still know what castigate means, relax)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Also an actor: Woody Allen
I don’t see a habitual pattern of iconoclasm with Allen that I see from Ronan, who has graduated from Allen, to taking down every other male in Hollywood or politics that can help Ronan make a name for himself.

Allen’s pattern is different. His films are all Roman a clef. Just watch the movies and you get what his life is. Allen isn’t an iconoclast. He’s a stand up comedian who uses film to deliver his schtick.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Allen met Stacey Nelkin when she was 16, started dating her when she was 17. This is what Manhattan is about.
Allen met Soon-Yi when she was 10, their relationship revealed when she was in her early 20s

And then you have the Farrow accusations.

Too much smoke.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Allen met Stacey Nelkin when she was 16, started dating her when she was 17. This is what Manhattan is about.
Allen met Soon-Yi when she was 10, their relationship revealed when she was in her early 20s

And then you have the Farrow accusations.

Too much smoke.
You would smell smoke anywhere though.

And applying 2021 law to the 1980s and earlier is rubbish.
While the general ages of consent are now set between 16 and 18 in all U.S. states, the age of consent has widely varied across the country in the past. In 1880, the ages of consent were set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7.[104] The ages of consent were raised across the U.S. during the late 19th century and the early 20th century.[105][106] By 1920, 26 states had an age of consent at 16, 21 states had an age of consent at 18, and one state (Georgia) had an age of consent at 14.[104] Small adjustments to these laws occurred after 1920. The last 2 states to raise its age of general consent from under 16 to 16 or higher were Georgia, which raised the age of consent from 14 to 16 in 1995,[107] and Hawaii, which changed it from 14 to 16 in 2001.[108]

You can try to crusade against stuff from 40 years ago, but it would just be masturbatiob at this point. And your wank partner would be Ronan Farrow. Be better.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I don't give a rat's ass what the age of consent was in the 1880s or the 1980s. Nobody should have to tell a 40-something year old man to stay the fuck away from school girls.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
12 year olds would marry men in their 20s for centuries. There's a lot to talk about, I think. But some things are better left unsaid.

famicommander

15 Year Member
You can justify pretty much any terrible thing you can think of if your argument is, "We used to do that"

People "used to" do every terrible thing you can think of so we may as well never improve anything.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't give a rat's ass what the age of consent was in the 1880s or the 1980s. Nobody should have to tell a 40-something year old man to stay the fuck away from school girls.
Why?

Your opinion is certainly the mainstream today for most (not all) of American society, but things are always in flux. And your ethics aren’t universal. The Hasidic Jews will marry girls off at 13, and wait outside the bedroom to make sure the marriage was consummated with blood on the sheets. We had Mormons marrying multiple young women, justifying it with faith in god.

These things aren’t for me, but the world is too large and varied for us to police all thought. To compound that challenge by policing the past as well as the present - not worth it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Why?

Your opinion is certainly the mainstream today for most (not all) of American society, but things are always in flux. And your ethics aren’t universal. The Hasidic Jews will marry girls off at 13, and wait outside the bedroom to make sure the marriage was consummated with blood on the sheets. We had Mormons marrying multiple young women, justifying it with faith in god.

These things aren’t for me, but the world is too large and varied for us to police all thought. To compound that challenge by policing the past as well as the present - not worth it.
It's not challenging at all to make these judgments. It's not like it consumes a lot of time or energy.

Slavery used to be "acceptable" but that doesn't excuse anyone who ever owned slaves. Fuck 'em. Doesn't invalidate any positive contributions they may have made (like Jefferson), but still, fuck 'em. Nobody should have to tell anyone else that owning people is wrong. I don't care what year it is.

Fuck anybody using religious justifications to marry little girls. Today, yesterday, tomorrow, forever.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's not challenging at all to make these judgments. It's not like it consumes a lot of time or energy.

Slavery used to be "acceptable" but that doesn't excuse anyone who ever owned slaves. Fuck 'em. Doesn't invalidate any positive contributions they may have made (like Jefferson), but still, fuck 'em. Nobody should have to tell anyone else that owning people is wrong. I don't care what year it is.

Fuck anybody using religious justifications to marry little girls. Today, yesterday, tomorrow, forever.
Yes, making a hot take takes little energy. Making an informed judgment does take more work. And making a judgment, informed or not, that you can enforce takes a lot of work.

With Woody Allen you have the Farrow’s side of the story. Seems like a waste of time to judge Woody with just one side of a story. Especially since he and his wife, Soon Yi, are still together.