Woody Allen

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Yes, making a hot take takes little energy. Making an informed judgment does take more work. And making a judgment, informed or not, that you can enforce takes a lot of work.

With Woody Allen you have the Farrow’s side of the story. Seems like a waste of time to judge Woody. Especially since he and his wife, Soon Yi, are still together.
Lots of abuse victims are still with and making excuses for their abusers. How many women stand there with two black eyes and a bloody nose telling the cops he didn't hit her?

He had one daughter accuse him of molestation, he ended up marrying his long term girlfriend's daughter whom he met when she was 10, and he made a whole movie based on the true story of the relationship he had with a high school girl while in his mid-40s.

Really, really easy to make a judgment here.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Surely you know 30 was the average because of the amount of infant deaths.
Well yes, I was being facetious, but there is of course some truth to the point I was making. You certainly didn't get career girls holding off until they're 40 to procreate even 50 years ago.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lots of abuse victims are still with and making excuses for their abusers. How many women stand there with two black eyes and a bloody nose telling the cops he didn't hit her?

He had one daughter accuse him of molestation, he ended up marrying his long term girlfriend's daughter whom he met when she was 10, and he made a whole movie based on the true story of the relationship he had with a high school girl while in his mid-40s.

Really, really easy to make a judgment here.
So you think you should demand “justice” for people who don’t want you to take away their happiness and contentment.

Kind of absurd.

Especially with how little you know about anything. Don’t take that as an insult. It applies to all of us. We don’t know the real deal with Woody and Soon Yi, or how Mia psychologically abused her kids. We know so little. And if you think you know more, you’d just be more of an idiot.

a “useful” idiot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I know enough to know normal dudes don't have their daughters accuse them of molestation, normal dudes don't marry their girlfriend's daughter, and normal dudes don't seek out relationships with high school girls in their 40s.

That's more than enough for me to condemn him. Sorry but I don't need any more information.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That's because they're normal dudes and not millionaires.
Most millionaires don't have their daughters accuse them of rape, make movies about their relationships with high school girls, or marry their long term girlfriend's daughter they met when they were 10.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know enough to know normal dudes don't have their daughters accuse them of molestation, normal dudes don't marry their girlfriend's daughter, and normal dudes don't seek out relationships with high school girls in their 40s.

That's more than enough for me to condemn him. Sorry but I don't need any more information.
Do you really know enough? Can you say with certainty that a parent can’t use a kid, psychologically abusing that kid to think they were abused, simply to fuck over a former partner?

I have seen it happen before. Happens in divorces all the time, in different ways.

In Allen’s case, Dylan’s claims were investigated and came out unsubstantiated.

I guess I should be thankful that you’re not boring everyone with Denver sports talk.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Most millionaires don't have their daughters accuse them of rape, make movies about their relationships with high school girls, or marry their long term girlfriend's daughter they met when they were 10.
She wasn’t 10 when they married. You really need to work on your phrasing.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Do you really know enough? Can you say with certainty that a parent can’t use a kid, psychologically abusing that kid to think they were abused, simply to fuck over a former partner?

I have seen it happen before. Happens in divorces all the time, in different ways.

I guess I should be thankful that you’re not boring everyone with Denver sports talk.
He's a creepy weirdo, sorry bro. I don't care that he got away with it. So did OJ, so did MJ, so did Roethlisberger, so did hdrchampion.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He's a creepy weirdo, sorry bro. I don't care that he got away with it. So did OJ, so did MJ, so did Roethlisberger, so did hdrchampion.
Creepy weirdos aren’t pedos simply because a psychotic actress grooms her adopted daughter (you were implying that Dylan was Woody’s biological daughter) to support her claims against Woody.

I have no doubt that in Dylan’s mind, she was molested in a crawl space. Actors have the ability to experience anything, any event, and live them. Even those that never happened. Did it really happen? According to all the investigators, nope.

But thanks to Mia, Dylan has probably been molested by Woody in her mind every day of her life.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

Weren’t documents messed with and interviews botched?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Who knows. Mia has been trying to litigate this matter before any court that would listen. No official court saw merit. Period.

HBO, after trying to sign Ronan Farrow to a deal, was ready to bring the matter to the court of public opinion.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
My man, marriage hasn’t stopped you from being a degenerate coming here to castigate your man pearls before gay porkers. You are who you are.

(I still know what castigate means, relax)
I'd definitely agree that coming to this site for nearly half my life makes me a degenerate.

When I was talking about the idea of marriage, I was more trying to say that perhaps some kind of commitment to each other beyond just being in a relationship might have redefined their bond such that maybe they might have acted or reacted to things differently. I am fully aware that marriage doesn't guarantee any kind of purity or honest behavior. Maybe they had those conversations.

All I know is that no matter how Allen tries to spin it, the well is already poisoned as far as his opinion is concerned. He will never be able to rationally justify it and, I don't think, either can anyone else. This will never seem like a normal relationship to people.

I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt that it was never grooming in the 'classical' sense. That is, he never intended for it to go this way.

Hollywood is not a great place. Is there any place on Earth that doesn't look at this sort of thing as unsavory?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'd definitely agree that coming to this site for nearly half my life makes me a degenerate.

When I was talking about the idea of marriage, I was more trying to say that perhaps some kind of commitment to each other beyond just being in a relationship might have redefined their bond such that maybe they might have acted or reacted to things differently. I am fully aware that marriage doesn't guarantee any kind of purity or honest behavior. Maybe they had those conversations.

All I know is that no matter how Allen tries to spin it, the well is already poisoned as far as his opinion is concerned. He will never be able to rationally justify it and, I don't think, either can anyone else. This will never seem like a normal relationship to people.

I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt that it was never grooming in the 'classical' sense. That is, he never intended for it to go this way.

Hollywood is not a great place. Is there any place on Earth that doesn't look at this sort of thing as unsavory?
Part of the problem is that when people developed their perception of Allen’s marriage to Soon Yi, so many people just read headlines and fully invested in their own perceptions. The perceptions typically had Allen as Soon Yi’s dad, married to Mia. Later on we see, to this day, people who thought Allen was Dylan’s dad.

Soon Yi has probably had plenty of people try to save her, offering her tons of cash to flip on Woody and paint him, and American cinema (this twist brought to you by M. Night Shyamajustkidding) as morally bankrupt and deserving of cancellation.

Don’t need to die on my opinions, especially those which are so devoid of color, as all of us, even the most anti-Woody, have been neglected of here.