Wizard Tilting Lible: The Last Odyssey for Last Odysseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSS

neo retired
The improvised "face entry" coin-slot was really ahead of its time. SNK wasn't willing to change the name from Irritating Maze to Pleasure Maze.

There was also going to be a fully enclosed immersive "cockpit" edition cab. Would feature a reclined seat and leg spreading ankle stirrups for player comfort.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
For you guys wondering what the NGF KOF2k cart was for:

Tonk wanted simply to rub his balls and taint all over it and send it in for authentication. Then when Dion or Chris got it opened the snap lock case and got a firm whiff they would automatically assumed just by the smell that it it was a legit NGF product.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
After all this, Dion says that it was all a joke.

How right he is.

SSS

neo retired
For those that didn't know NGF also contributed to the 2010 recall of FreshWay Foods lettuce due to e coli contamination. A worker had unfortunately overpaid for a kof2k off ebay. Just opening the package was enough to spread the bacteria all over himself. Apparently the cost to sanitize the house was around the price of the cart.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
NGF also contributed to the Japanese earthquake tsunami efforts when Godzilla was delivered a freaked cart. True story.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I totally wasn't in on the joke, but I sparked an L and laughed at most of the posts. I have to admit, it was entertaining. I don't really think I care Neo Geo Protos, unless someone finds LB3 or MOTW2.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Dion said:
[Shayne Quote Omitted]

Hello Shayne,
Nice to hear from someone with a true neogeo question.
As I don't want to brush off your question, but it has been answered in the ngf history thread.

We did sell unreleased games to certain people many, many years ago.
We sold games such as Ironclad, Ghostlop, Crossed Swords 2, Bang Busters, etc....
Back 10-12 years ago, we sold these unreleased/proto games for $1000-$2000 (which was high back then). Later we were able to sell certain games from $5000, $10,000, and even higher.

Some games we did make into full productions of 200, 300, and 500 cartridge runs. We've always pondered the idea of some future projects and lately we've been working together with other resellers when it comes to making a release and pushing it to market.

Thanks for the questions Feel free to post specific NGF questions in the NGF History thread.

"Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" -- Bruce Lee

ff1-continue.png

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Dion said:
Come to think of it, a lot of the neogeo title screens look very basic.

npmscreen1.jpg

I don't know what the hell this was supposed to mean, but the post's been deleted.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
You saw that too.

Ehh...He'll probably re-post it in a bit.

Man., it's getting harder and herder to find continue screens. :D

Ukee

Geese's Thug
For you guys wondering what the NGF KOF2k cart was for:

Tonk wanted simply to rub his balls and taint all over it and send it in for authentication. Then when Dion or Chris got it opened the snap lock case and got a firm whiff they would automatically assumed just by the smell that it it was a legit NGF product.

LMFAO!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SSS

neo retired
NGF also contributed to the Japanese earthquake tsunami efforts when Godzilla was delivered a freaked cart. True story.

It wasn't until e kawasaki flew in riding Mothra on NGF's behalf to explain and verify that the cart was authentic before his rage subsided.

SSS

neo retired
we need a meme generator. kind of like 1 upper bobak but for NGF. it would just be used for outlandish NGF history.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Dion said:
Come to think of it, a lot of neogeo title screens are very basic.

npmscreen1.jpg

irratating%20maze1.gif

fatal%20fury%202-1.gif

Last%20Resort1.gif

mark%20of%20the%20wolves1.gif

overtop.gif

robo%20army1.gif

sengoku1.gif

svc-chaos1.gif

viewpoint1.gif

world%20heroes1.gif

People from ng.com would still rather talk about chris and myself, and not about neogeo. They are now signing up on assembler under aliases and still trying to get personal. Totally wild and amusing. Is it NGF or the neogeo they like?

"Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" -- Bruce Lee

Last edited by Dion; 29 Minutes Ago at 02:31 AM.

magicianlord04.gif

Specineff

n00b
Just read 30 pages of this thread (it's Sunday night, and I'm off on Monday, and I can't sleep), and I'm amazed by both the release of this game... and how NGF and Co live up to the reputation attributed to them by other members of the forum.

Given I'm new, I won't be hitting the same dead horse and instead just say thanks to Tonk for both the game and the drama/comedy witnessed here. This one's for the history books.

The answer was a unicorn. So I'll ask another question later.

Ponies? Even on the Neo? :eek:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Just read 30 pages of this thread (it's Sunday night, and I'm off on Monday, and I can't sleep), and I'm amazed by both the release of this game... and how NGF and Co live up to the reputation attributed to them by other members of the forum.

Given I'm new, I won't be hitting the same dead horse and instead just say thanks to Tonk for both the game and the drama/comedy witnessed here. This one's for the history books.

You can thank him for the drama, but there sure as hell is no game.

Specineff

n00b
Oh, gotcha. Some of the posts led me to believe there was, and that it had been used as a bait for some nice trolling. The KOF2000 cart request should have been enough of a tip.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
How could you have not noticed the ROM release was a hoax after about 5 or 6 pages now of people crying about it?

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
lol wow ok this was worth checking in to read this.

P.S. Fuck you mike for not PMing me and letting me know about this. :(

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
To be fair, SSS's photoshop was a bit dodgy, I did wonder about that. I didn't ever think there wasn't a ROM, but the image on the cab looked unnaturally clear to me, I wondered if it was a troll image, making people thing TonK already gave the ROM out even though he hadn't, something like that.

Some criticism, you mock up a photo taken of a CRT with a flash, it shouldn't come out looking as vibrant as it does in the image. The angle looked good and all that but you needed to go further, desaturate it a bit and lighten it just a little, maybe a bit of blur.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Dion said:
People from ng.com would still rather talk about chris and myself...
Can't we just move on from disappearing protos and work on correcting Dion's persistent misuse of reflexive pronouns?
Come on man, it's "Chris and me"
Just sayin'... :p

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Can't we just move on from disappearing protos and work on correcting Dion's persistent misuse of reflexive pronouns?
Come on man, it's "Chris and me"
Just sayin'... :p

Chris and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.