Wizard Tilting Lible: The Last Odyssey for Last Odysseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

aria

Former Moderator
Count me in on the disappointed category--though not as much as others. I just think this was a bit overdone, but it now makes sense why TonK was dragging it out the question thing beyond what seemed normal. But that's TonK's style again and again. It makes good drama. I understand why some were really upset, and I know this probably hurt the "news" reputation of this site in exchange for putting (another) nail in the coffin of the outfit known as NGF (which lost respect in the greater community long ago).

It's also fun to see brand new rifts forming between various factions in the community.

On a side note: I still love reading what Haze is writing about how to act when he's a part of a piracy project, which has an easy time existing only because that particular industry is too distracted by new material to be as sue-happy as they could be. But hey, NGF were pirates too! (just a different sort)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I already apologized to everyone who wasn't in on this.

Calling it immature or "troll feeding" is correct, that's what we set out to do.

Chris Ray was proven to be a liar, now things begin to make sense.

They can't go around making bold claims anymore.

And proving he was a liar was no easy task - they know how to ego their way out of most shit. But when getting caught answering made up questions about a game they never had, it really shows us who the real troll is.

This was all in good fun.

If some of you guys feel deceived, I'm sorry. I'll take the blame for everyone.

And Neo Alec, SHUT THE FUCK UP. You don't trust me anymore? That's fine bro. Enjoy your FREE Ghostlop, dick.

And for the record, I NEVER made fun of your wife. Quit whimpering around like a fucking baby.

Also, this thread wasn't created for NGF - there is real news coming, some of the most important discoveries that the Neo Scene has ever, well, seen.

If you lost an ounce of trust for me over this, I feel sorry for you, grow the fuck up.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Time for Rot to post some photos to put the final stamp on this thread.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I want an AES convert of Last Odyssey with a "THE TONK" logo printed on the back of the insert. :)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I feel like there is a room of orphans, and everyone just got way too ahead of themselves, and someone punched someone in the arm too hard, and now it needs to be maintained.

There is no reason anybody should actually be upset about this.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I feel like there is a room of orphans, and everyone just got way too ahead of themselves, and someone punched someone in the arm too hard, and now it needs to be maintained.

There is no reason anybody should actually be upset about this.

Clearly, the only person "upset' is Neo Alec, but nobody likes him anyway.

Some people are a little bummed that the game doesn't exist, and I feel for them.

But get over it.

Honestly, I cant believe how bad Neo Alec acted. I'm glad Shroom got all of that. Still a fucking bitch after all these years.

Now, bottom line - Last Odyssey was faked, real news coming, I love you guys.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Sadly I tend to agree with this...

My sense of humour and moral compass is pretty British...

A joke should be succinct and subtle....

Unless there's a real end product here (which I hope there is... like with Ghostlop...)... then it seems the joke went a tad too far...

Sure... Chrisr is batshit crazy deluded and prob one of the most hated guys here... but seriously... to create a whole thread pointing this out seems sorta dumb and pointless to me...

xROTx

It's all about egotrip Rot, don't take it seriously.

68k said:
You know Kenny is sad.

It's like finding out you won the lottery only to discover that your ticket is not valid.

:lolz:

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
I thought it was fun, good job to everyone involved. I guess during the holidays Tonk had time to plan this.

JS

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I thought it was fun, good job to everyone involved. I guess during the holidays Tonk had time to plan this.

JS

This wasn't planned.

That little group of guys that assisted me, did all that stuff on a day to day basis.

Which makes it so much better.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

That's the sort of line that makes it hard to hate Mike...

Whatever you think of him... he has some real balls and love for the community...:emb:

@68_Gay... pics... I'll consider it.... I'm wondering if it's worth it... This thread hasn't reached 40 pages yet...

xROTx

SSS

neo retired
01-22-12 1:15 PM <Neo Alec> You were bragging about having the cart in your cab and the whole time it was bullshit. You have no right to be trusted here again.

Those who I know here who asked me via text/pm I told them there was no rom.

Go fuck yourself. Seriously, you sad sack of shit. I've pointed out your shitty attitude/views regarding aspects of this hobby time and time again.

Go take out a Tampax ad on that gigantic forehead of yours for some extra coin.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Clearly, the only person "upset' is Neo Alec, but nobody likes him anyway.

Some people are a little bummed that the game doesn't exist, and I feel for them.

But get over it.

Honestly, I cant believe how bad Neo Alec acted. I'm glad Shroom got all of that. Still a fucking bitch after all these years.

All I can think of is Bio Force Ape.

But yeah I mean I can't even tell who's being butthurt about it and who isn't, these things tend to thrown into a blender around here. Alec seemed to not totally have the understanding that NG is full of funny assholes. I am almost sure that he's autistic, though, if he's been on this site for so long and he doesn't get it.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
01-22-12 1:15 PM <Neo Alec> You were bragging about having the cart in your cab and the whole time it was bullshit. You have no right to be trusted here again.

Those who I know here who asked me via text/pm I told them there was no rom.

Go fuck yourself. Seriously, you sad sack of shit. I've pointed out your shitty attitude/views regarding aspects of this hobby time and time again.

Go take out a Tampax ad on that gigantic forehead of yours for some extra coin.

HOLY SHIT, I really LOL'd!

That was awesome.

What people are unaware of, close to 100 people knew the ROM was fake. But they all thought it was hilarious and kept their mouth shut.

I'd buy from SamShoSensei any day of the week and trust anything he says.

He's a great dude, as are the rest of the main players.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
So if i'm reading things right,
there is no proto of last oddesy floating around.
What a tough.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
To me locating lost protos is not something to be joked about. It is the highest calling of retrogaming communities. Normally when someone claims to have something we are rightly skeptical and do our due dilligence. But in this case many others were corroborating the story. So of course this thread was interesting until I found out it was fake. You got me, guys.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I stopped reading when you said that a video game is not something to joke about. Fucking shit, dude.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I wasn't in on the joke. I don't care about unreleased Neo Geo games, so this thread didn't impact my life in any way. Seeing Tonk troll chrisr to the degree that he did was nothing short of brilliant. The "outsiders" will never fully appreciate it as much as the long-time members, but then again this wasn't for them. Neo Alec getting outraged over it was an unexpected bonus that delivered in spades. This thread wins on all fronts. I love this thread, and I love Tonk.

You hear me, Tonk? I love you.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I wasn't in on the joke. I don't care about unreleased Neo Geo games, so this thread didn't impact my life in any way. Seeing Tonk troll chrisr to the degree that he did was nothing short of brilliant. The "outsiders" will never fully appreciate it as much as the long-time members, but then again this wasn't for them. Neo Alec getting outraged over it was an unexpected bonus that delivered in spades. This thread wins on all fronts. I love this thread, and I love Tonk.

You hear me, Tonk? I love you.

I LOVE YOU TOO!

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
So if i'm reading things right,
there is no proto of last oddesy floating around.
What a tough.

yes, but the end was epic....
love this thread, once again i wana say, sorry :crying:Tonk, i now see you are a GREAT guy

Best Regards, continue the good (drama lol) work:multi_co:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I love the Neo and I love finding stuff that has been lost to time. For a while I was obsessed with the movie Metropolis when lost footage had been newly discovered. I spent a lot of time researching the demolished buildings in my city. It's just very interesting to me.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
To me locating lost protos is not something to be joked about. It is the highest calling of retrogaming communities. Normally when someone claims to have something we are rightly skeptical and do our due dilligence. But in this case many others were corroborating the story. So of course this thread was interesting until I found out it was fake. You got me, guys.
get over it man, there is more than NG world !

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Sorry buddy :(

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed.
Especially since I've been getting into pinball machines nowadays.
But I can appreciate a good trolling like anyone else around here.
Good show tonk and gang.
;)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
If Alec isn't full-blown autistic, I'm going to be very surprised. The bit about researching random bullshit because of Metropolis is a confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.