Wizard Tilting Lible: The Last Odyssey for Last Odysseys

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
A few months later Dion sold an NGF Shock Troopers AES to someone in California which turned out of be an employee of EEI (what was Playmore's US arm at the time).

OK, seriously, WTF is an "NGF Shock Troopers AES"? I assume this is just a conversion, but I don't understand your guys' need to put your name on shit that isn't yours. If its a conversion, just call it a conversion. Don't fabricate some bullshit "official" definition, authentication program, stickers, "corrected" inserts, all that shit.

If I take a Fatal Fury cart, open it, take a shit in it, put it back together and called it an "Official Fecal Fury" cart...its still an SNK product, it just as my shit in it. It might be an "Official Fecal Fury", but the shit I put inside it is not "official" Neo Geo.

You can write "NGF" on it with a marker and make it official NGF, but only stuff from SNK is official Neo Geo. You can't just foil sticker your way into their legacy.

If I sell a guy a Neo Geo game, I'm just selling him a Neo Geo game. I'm not selling him a "SignOfZeta Release" or any such shit. I know I didn't make the thing. I know I contributed nothing to the creation of the software. I understand this. I understand...reality. I'm good at what I do, but what I do isn't making games. Neither is whatever the fuck you do.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
SignOfZ[CENTER said:
eta;3320315]
You can't just foil sticker your way into their legacy.

A Federal judge foiled stickered their ass into smut peddlers.​

Last edited:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Look, I hate him just as much as the rest of you, but having lifted for years and years, I'm telling you he isn't anything that can't be done in a very short amount of (drug free) time at the gym. You're complimenting him whether you know it or not. I had a better physique, and didn't even take supplements. Let's get real, people.

I think you're taking this a tad bit too seriously Spike.

It was a joke.

Lighten up!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
News will be posted this coming Tuesday evening. Brace yourselves.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
News will be posted this coming Tuesday evening. Brace yourselves.

If your news is a 108 in 1 cart, I'm buying a plane ticket to pistol whip you!

I will guess the news. I will guess/hope that it's some new way of making the neo double up processing speed, so games like Metal Slug 2 will run with no slow down.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Let me spoil the surprise right now.

The big "news" is that mike is going to claim he has some long lost cache of KOF 2000 US carts from SNK Japan.

I know this sounds pretty deflating, and people will be disappointed, and it would have been very fun to wait for the "big reveal" to make fun of him, but I am going to be really busy for the next couple weeks, so I thought I might as well be around to make him look like a fool now, rather than wait.

All I can say is this - there is no such thing as any "lost" KOF 2000 English, there never was, never will be, and I am 1000% positive on this.

There were 100 - period. Eventually, my guess is most all will be registered via our registry, tied forever to a name/id that will be publicly viewable on our website, forever making it impossible for bootleggers to counterfeit this game. Unlike the other high value cartridges, which seem to be very very counterfeited these days.

Remember, I did not come here to yap about a "12 year old game", someone else did. I just provide the information, and people can decide for themselves.

Trust the data and your own mind, not what someone wants you to believe.

I am ALL up for a reasonable bet that someone might actually pay up on - say $100, that says there is 100% positively no such thing as any KOF2000 US other than our original 100 from 1999.

Maybe xander can even hold the money.....

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Let me spoil the surprise right now.

The big "news" is that mike is going to claim he has some long lost cache of KOF 2000 US carts from SNK Japan.

I know this sounds pretty deflating, and people will be disappointed, and it would have been very fun to wait for the "big reveal" to make fun of him, but I am going to be really busy for the next couple weeks, so I thought I might as well be around to make him look like a fool now, rather than wait.

All I can say is this - there is no such thing as any "lost" KOF 2000 English, there never was, never will be, and I am 1000% positive on this.

There were 100 - period. Eventually, my guess is most all will be registered via our registry, tied forever to a name/id that will be publicly viewable on our website, forever making it impossible for bootleggers to counterfeit this game. Unlike the other high value cartridges, which seem to be very very counterfeited these days.

Remember, I did not come here to yap about a "12 year old game", someone else did. I just provide the information, and people can decide for themselves.

Trust the data and your own mind, not what someone wants you to believe.

I am ALL up for a reasonable bet that someone might actually pay up on - say $100, that says there is 100% positively no such thing as any KOF2000 US other than our original 100 from 1999.

Maybe xander can even hold the money.....

Look a little worried over there, Chris.

Where would you possibly get an idea like that?

Well, as usual, you're wrong.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If your news is a 108 in 1 cart, I'm buying a plane ticket to pistol whip you!

I will guess the news. I will guess/hope that it's some new way of making the neo double up processing speed, so games like Metal Slug 2 will run with no slow down.

It's not a hardware update.

This is HISTORICAL. Nobody can guess it.

chrisr

20 Year Member
Look a little worried over there, Chris.

Where would you possibly get an idea like that?

Well, as usual, you're wrong.

Can you feel the air leaking from that party balloon you are holding?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Can you feel the air leaking from that party balloon you are holding?

You have absolutely no fucking clue what's in store.

It's gonna be funny watching you sit there with your thumb up your narrow ass.

chrisr

20 Year Member
You have absolutely no fucking clue what's in store.

It's gonna be funny watching you sit there with your thumb up your narrow ass.

Maybe I do not have a clue?

Do I need to tell all these people why I might?

chrisr

20 Year Member
What, the bluff I called on Dion?

Proves how worried you two are.

Where's the protos in MAME, liar?

Now you are grasping at straws... You have a guilty conscience?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Now you are grasping at straws... You have a guilty conscience?

What, I talked to Dion on the phone and said that, what else do you want from me?

Why would I have a guilty conscience?

That's not what it is - now where's your big MAME release, liar?

chrisr

20 Year Member
What, I talked to Dion on the phone and said that, what else do you want from me?

Why would I have a guilty conscience?

That's not what it is - now where's your big MAME release, liar?

Why would I care if you talked to Dion on the phone? That has zero to do with anything. You are confusing me with the people around here that think this is cops and robbers, or cowboys and indians.

I am just preparing everyone for a "soft landing" - ie they are going to be very disappointed.

I am doing you a favor.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Why would I care if you talked to Dion on the phone? That has zero to do with anything. You are confusing me with the people around here that think this is cops and robbers, or cowboys and indians.

I am just preparing everyone for a "soft landing" - ie they are going to be very disappointing.

I am doing you a favor.

Well, tell all these people the reason you think that the news was another version of KOF2k then.