With the high demand for Neo-Geo titles, should SNK go back to MVS/AES?

Do you want SNK to make a new Neo-Geo game?

• Total voters

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
This might sound like a pipedream, but honestly the demand is there and the dev costs are significantly lower than what they're doing currently. Just look at NGDEVTEAM carts, instant sell outs. Then there's the "retro" indie scene that's flourishing.

I'd love for SNK to go back to when *the future was then*.

Would you buy a new AES official release? Would SNK fans prefer this over what they're doing now? Samurai Shodown V Special: Final Edition was complete enough to have a loketest, I say SNK should let the Neo-Store release it.

I don't care if I'm a dreamer, I'm also a consumer and we're SNK's primary audience (at least outside of Japan).

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
They probably don't have any of the manufacturing equipment for that stuff still, who knows what the state is of all the intellectual properties, and what was the last new SNK game that was even any good?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
They probably don't have any of the manufacturing equipment for that stuff still, who knows what the state is of all the intellectual properties, and what was the last new SNK game that was even any good?
KOF XIII?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'd love for SNK to at least have a small team to make AES games to keep it alive.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
If they were gonna go for it, go big or go home with the AES/MVS.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
The problem is they sorta already had a "small team to keep the AES alive" from 2000-2004 post bankruptcy. There isn't any real money in it for them and it's too complicated to support hardware the most recent of which is now over 20 years old. It was great while it lasted.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Depends on the game. I have little faith in SNK when it comes to putting out good games.

This, I'm not a fan of fighters so as long as it's not one of them I would probably be in.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
This, I'm not a fan of fighters so as long as it's not one of them I would probably be in.

Well the MVS shmups were from Aicom, Yumekobo, Psikyo & Video System so I'd figure it would be a fighter. It's pretty strange to meet a neo fan that doesn't like fighters tbh.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Im all for it, but what game are we talking? What would have the biggest chance of survival? If it was a fighting game id imagine MOTW special/2 would do. Or another shooter, lets get Neo BroForce on the mvs

The problem is they sorta already had a "small team to keep the AES alive" from 2000-2004 post bankruptcy. There isn't any real money in it for them and it's too complicated to support hardware the most recent of which is now over 20 years old. It was great while it lasted.

This is more realistic....sadly

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
to be honest, i'm happy with the neo geo library as it is. but if snk was to do something like that, i would like to see them make a new ikari warriors game with the controls and visual style of shock troopers. or a new art of fighting game in the style of motw. i know it's a pipe dream for the same reason every one has mentioned, but snk could easily make new games for the newer consoles. they could easily give kof, samurai shodown and meal slug a rest and give us something new.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't even care about platform. I'd just be happy for them to make a decent game that wasn't KOF or mobile.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Would be awesome, but SNK really dropped the ball with Neo Geo X. Would you trust them with producing AES carts again when they couldn't even do that right. Granted, it wasn't them that did it but still.

It is even more sad when homebrew AES games are selling for more than actual genuine ones.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
As cool as it would be for them to do this, it makes me think of the Dreamcast 2. It would be really awesome, but could SNK actually do it, even on a level based solely on pre-order demand?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Have you seen all the cheap outsourced multicarts and cart shells/pcb variations? SNK could have this done on the cheap. I don't care if it's cheaper flash memory instead of Proms, everything is flash these days. They could also do a sell out before shipping requirement so they don't have to worry about counterfeiting affecting sales (It WOULD sell out, and fast). The Neo Geo market is much better than back when even all the Playmore releases came out. Heck, I remember when Rage of the Dragons, Matrimelee & Sengoku 3 just sat on Neo-Store inventory for ages. It's just not as weak of a market anymore.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Well if our new Chinese overlords have no interest in it, it would be nice if someone could get the rights to release SSVS:FE as an official cartridge.

It'd be great to see some of the unreleased NGPC games as well considering what was supposedly in development.